CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
COCKYTALKIN
Acockolypse Now
sporkgod50
thekob
Rooster'srule
b381l
StormOfTalons
Lonnie
M.C.
Elcid99 (2240)
PSU drops a prospect (1201)
Bad movies that are (662)
John Abraham DUI (534)
Mizzou WR suspended (519)
Best Offensive " (350)
Rokevious Watkins cu (315)
Re-Airing South Caro (261)
Travelle Warton reti (257)
I was there, when (222)
Elcid99
An Aggies View of the Mat
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Destiny Beta
The Believer
Green and Lammons
PSU drops a prospect beca
EVE Online
The Believer - Spurrier D
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit

Old 06-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #261
B-G
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit
Default Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

I'm glad Brazil won, but that's just me.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #262
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

I love watching soccer, especially the World Cup. What I can't stand is all the horrible sportsmanship... Diving, flopping, faking injuries. I can see how all of this puts a bad taste in people's mouths.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:42 PM   #263
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
I'm glad Brazil won, but that's just me.
It's fine that they won but how they won I don't like.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:45 PM   #264
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Brasil should have won even though that pk was garbage. That goal by Oscar was a thing of beauty.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:45 PM   #265
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedGarnetandBlack View Post
The "foul"

That was a pretty debilitating knee-to-the-butt right there
Take one star crunch. Then take lots of peanut butter and layer it THICK on the flat side. After that slam another star crunch on top of the peanut butter. Finally, slap yo momma. For those of you trying to "watch what you eat" don't add the second star crunch. This is the diet version-etowngangsta
JerseyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #266
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Someone should fix this with Lance Stephenson
Biocockanics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:07 PM   #267
IBleedGarnetandBlack
never begs for rep.

Male

CockyCash: 76859832125
IBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Someone should fix this with Lance Stephenson
Saw this on twitter.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:10 PM   #268
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Good opening match for Brazil. Controversial officiating, but that's how it goes. It's going to be an exciting tourney, hope we can at least make the quarter-finals.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:14 PM   #269
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
Who mentioned how well the Brazilians take fouls? LOL
It was me and I was being sarcastic except the part about their team speed.

That flop should be a million dollar fine.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:36 PM   #270
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

I can't stand Brazil.

Absolutely cannot wait until they get knocked out.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:46 PM   #271
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Garbage. Brazil looked flat. I thought the match was even, Croatia slightly better. The PK call was garbage. The fix is in. There is no way that was a penalty. I hated the way Brazil played - flopping and diving.

What was the real difference in the match? Goalkeeping. First and third goals were easy, cheap goals that a better GK stops. He should have had the penalty save too. Croatia was a bit unlucky.

There was no way on earth that the Brazil team out there tonight wins the World Cup. There are far better teams than Croatia that would have destroyed Brazil tonight.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:07 PM   #272
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Garbage. Brazil looked flat. I thought the match was even, Croatia slightly better. The PK call was garbage. The fix is in. There is no way that was a penalty. I hated the way Brazil played - flopping and diving.

What was the real difference in the match? Goalkeeping. First and third goals were easy, cheap goals that a better GK stops. He should have had the penalty save too. Croatia was a bit unlucky.

There was no way on earth that the Brazil team out there tonight wins the World Cup. There are far better teams than Croatia that would have destroyed Brazil tonight.
Croatia had their fair share of luck, first goal of the match was an own goal.

PK was extremely debatable, but he did grab and tug at his shoulder. That gave the official enough reason to make the call. That's all it takes sometimes, especially Brazil in Brazil...

Brazil got over the first game jitters. There's a lot of political BS in Brazil right now that putting even more pressure on their team to win, not just perform well. They got over that hump tonight. I'm not so sure they will win because there are a lot of good teams this time around, but I think they are still heavy favorites. Along with Spain, Argentina and Germany, of course.

The opening ceremony was horrible.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:09 PM   #273
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Moooooviin on!!!

MEXICO V CAMEROON

Do we root for El Tri? Do they even have a chance?

I think 1-1 draw would be phenomenal for them
Biocockanics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:13 PM   #274
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Brasil should have won even though that pk was garbage. That goal by Oscar was a thing of beauty.
Except it shouldn't have happened either, because he ran over the Croatian dude to get the ball in the first place. It's rigged.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:19 PM   #275
B-G
Game MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post

Do we root for El Tri?
**** no.

I didn't even want them here in the first place.

The amount of money they would have lost from not making it would have been epic.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #276
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Croatia had their fair share of luck, first goal of the match was an own goal.

PK was extremely debatable, but he did grab and tug at his shoulder. That gave the official enough reason to make the call. That's all it takes sometimes, especially Brazil in Brazil...

Brazil got over the first game jitters. There's a lot of political BS in Brazil right now that putting even more pressure on their team to win, not just perform well. They got over that hump tonight. I'm not so sure they will win because there are a lot of good teams this time around, but I think they are still heavy favorites. Along with Spain, Argentina and Germany, of course.

The opening ceremony was horrible.
Completely disagree on the PK. They briefly tangled arms but there is no pull. I watched the call numerous times on replay and there is absolutely nothing that warranted a penalty. The brief overlap of the arms and Fred went down like he was shot. There was no contact in any way that caused the player to go down in the box. It was a blatant dive looking for a call and it disgusts me to see a team of this caliber begging for calls.

As for the first goal, yeah it was a bit of luck. As I stated in an earlier post, a lot of games involve some luck. But over the course of 90 minutes, Croatia proved they weren't a lucky team. They created chances and had some shots on goal. I think they are easily the second best team in the group but I will make my final call on that after Mexico v Cameroon.

With Brazil's defense being exposed like that by Croatia, they will get destroyed against better teams. Sure, it was their first game and they can get better but I was not impressed. They were fantastic last year against Spain in the Confederations Cup (I watched that match with a Brazilian friend). They must get back to that if they have ANY shot at the World Cup.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:26 PM   #277
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
**** no.

I didn't even want them here in the first place.

The amount of money they would have lost from not making it would have been epic.
Agreed. Hell will freeze over before I root for Mexico. Ungrateful little pricks - they wouldn't be in the World Cup if it wasn't for us. But most of the arrogant, entitled morons wouldn't even acknowledge what the US did for them.

I never hated Mexico before last year. It was a good rivalry. However, the way they acted after the US gifted them qualification pissed me off. May they lose every match and go down in flames.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:28 PM   #278
B-G
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Agreed. Hell will freeze over before I root for Mexico. Ungrateful little pricks - they wouldn't be in the World Cup if it wasn't for us. But most of the arrogant, entitled morons wouldn't even acknowledge what the US did for them.

I never hated Mexico before last year. It was a good rivalry. However, the way they acted after the US gifted them qualification pissed me off. May they lose every match and go down in flames.
Sorry if people hate me but I wanted us to lose so they wouldn't make it.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:32 PM   #279
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
Disagreed. Croatia lost because their keeper couldn't stop 2 easy shots from Neymar and Oscar. Quality GKs make those saves easily. Neither ball was hit hard and Pletikosa was slower than a Clemson offensive lineman after Thanksgiving dinner.

Oscar was the man of the match but Brazil wasn't impressive. I thought the first 20 mins of both halves and the last 10 mins of the match, Croatia was clearly better than Brazil.

Sorry for all the posts but I just finished watching this match an hour ago. The good news is that I had both Oscar and Neymar on my World Cup fantasy team - 41 points from two players. Not a bad start!
Old 06-12-2014, 08:34 PM   #280
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Sorry if people hate me but I wanted us to lose so they wouldn't make it.
We didn't need to lose that match. We just didn't need to win. A draw would have been fine. The late goal in stoppage time is what got Mexico through. That match was completely meaningless for us because we had already clinched the top spot.