CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
JerseyBird
Garnetnblack99
kingoftheroost
2000grad
TRBTB
Regalcock
MountainCock
CoverTwo
roosterdude21
Morris to SMU (5430)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1804)
Clemson fans (1506)
Carolina on a Walmar (1232)
Game simulation (836)
End of the aTm / LSU (539)
Have we been favored (409)
Venables to TAMU? (327)
Origin Sale Too (264)
Women's Soccer Elite (242)
Morris to SMU
Women's Soccer Elite Eigh
Clemson Stadium Gamecock
Venables to TAMU?
Constant Updates on Watso
2015 Commitment - Arden K
2015 Commitment - Dexter
marshall/WKU
Carolina on a Walmart com
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W

Old 06-12-2014, 09:38 PM   #21
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Jalen Henry

Nice. I'm guessing he'll get a 3* when it's all said and done.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:40 PM   #22
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

There we go again offering a guy with a great attitude and leadership skills. I like it
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:40 PM   #23
Kazak
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Here's his film.....6'0" 220 OLB

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1374877/jalen-henry

Damn impressive for sophomore highlights. The lack of star rating on this kid has everything to do with his junior year injury, I would guess. Our coaches aren't dummies. I'm betting he'll light it up as a senior.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:42 PM   #24
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

This has to be the most spread out class we've ever recruited. Having only 1 SC player committed worries me, although it's good that all the out of staters are quality players.

Players from NC, GA, FL, PA, AL, MO, LA, VA, MD. Very unlike our coaches to recruit this way.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:26 PM   #25
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

Pty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
This has to be the most spread out class we've ever recruited. Having only 1 SC player committed worries me, although it's good that all the out of staters are quality players.

Players from NC, GA, FL, PA, AL, MO, LA, VA, MD. Very unlike our coaches to recruit this way.
Yeah, I think it's kind of cool. Sort of a relatively down year for SC prospects, so good to see we can go outside when needed. We'll still end up with a good number of SC kids though.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #26
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Not to mention pipelines into other areas
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:42 PM   #27
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Sweet...maybe he'll be another sleeper steal from Alabama like Captain Munnerlyn and Darian Stewart....
and Jonathan Walton.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:44 PM   #28
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak View Post
Damn impressive for sophomore highlights. The lack of star rating on this kid has everything to do with his junior year injury, I would guess. Our coaches aren't dummies. I'm betting he'll light it up as a senior.
we need to credit Botkin for this one.....
Old 06-12-2014, 11:46 PM   #29
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
Yeah, I think it's kind of cool. Sort of a relatively down year for SC prospects, so good to see we can go outside when needed. We'll still end up with a good number of SC kids though.
you know what this means....the gamecock tent is expanding....did you see the kid from Texas, rated the best safety in the country has us #2.....I don't think he has ever even been in the state of SC......these kids see where we're been ranked the last few years.
We're getting R E S P E C T around the country.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:53 AM   #30
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
did you see the kid from Texas, rated the best safety in the country has us #2.....I don't think he has ever even been in the state of SC.....
I'm sure DJ playing for the Texans has everything to do with that one.

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:57 AM   #31
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
USC has had success in recent years recruiting and developing linebackers who were not household names in recruiting circles. The Gamecocks added another of that type Thursday in Jalen Henry (6-1 200) of Foley, AL.

Henry made an unofficial visit Thursday to USC with his parents, met with recruiter and linebackers coach Kirk Botkin and other members of the defensive staff, and also sat down with Steve Spurrier in his office. Before leaving, he made his pledge to join the Gamecocks' 2015 class.

"As soon as I walked in they were greeting me and I felt like I was at home," Henry said. "The players I met in the lockerroom greeted me and I fit in very well. It felt like my own school actually."

Henry has 14 offers with USC his first from an SEC school. He has not been a much talked about recruit this spring because he missed most of his junior season with a broken foot. Botkin first saw Henry in 2010 but Henry didn't hear back from the Gamecock recruiter until earlier this spring when he came by his school and offered him the chance to play for a top ten team in the SEC.

"To be part of something special like this after not getting the opportunity to do anything my whole junior year and having a big injury and not being able to help my football team, it feels good to be out there you know."

One observer compared Henry to former USC linebacker Shaq Wilson as far as his playing skills. He has excellent speed and makes plays all over the field. He recorded 159 tackles as a sophomore.

"I get out on pass drops really well and get out on the perimeter and tackle well and make plays," he said.

Henry also plays baseball and was named to the Coastal Alabama All-Region first team as a third baseman,, but his focus will be on football. He is considering enrolling early but has not made a final decision on that.

Henry is the second linebacker commitment for USC's 2015 class and the 15th overall.
http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...882/-1/PSPORTS
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:03 AM   #32
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

This could be another steal pickup.
One thing I noticed from his film...when he is engaged with his blocker his handwork and punch is very physical to get blockers off him.

Also, has a nose for the ball and when he tackles, he was form tackling and wrapping up...I almost felt like I was watching a more polished version of Jonathan Walton.

I do agree, doesn't have the size of a Bama LB (seems they like guys 6'2 and up)...but Auburn, that would be a tricky one.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:05 AM   #33
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
High praise comparing him to Shaq Wilson..imagine if Henry has that level of football knowledge, but is more athletic (the only thing that held Shaq back imho was that he was 5'11 and didn't have the best lateral quickness).
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:13 AM   #34
TaiwanCock
Recruit

Male

TaiwanCock has hatched from the shell

It's great to have the stars, but I love these Ryan Brewer kind of kids. Hard nosed, wants to play ball, ready to prove himself on the national scene.

Here is AL.com on the news.
TaiwanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:15 AM   #35
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 Commitment - Jalen Henry

Stay away Alabama & Auburn.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:30 PM   #36
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiwanCock View Post
It's great to have the stars, but I love these Ryan Brewer kind of kids. Hard nosed, wants to play ball, ready to prove himself on the national scene.

Here is AL.com on the news.

Ryan Brewer was the Ohio state player of the year and broke the career rushing records for that state, we just stole him from osu but he had major offers...Brewer had 3*'s as I would almost promise this kid will before Feb next year. I agree with the hard nosed player, if he is anything like Shaq Wilson then Coach Wilson will love being his Quality Control Coordinator.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:33 PM   #37
USCMM
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100200
USCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot material

My favorite part of the video was how he was pointing out things to the rest of the defense...and I thought it was junior film. Wow. It looks like we've got a smart one coming in. Shaq Wilson is a great comparison.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:04 PM   #38
SCohioBoy
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 999880
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Ryan Brewer, he brings back good and bad memories. his So. year in HS he ran all over my school, and my school is a big time program in Ohio. I knew then he would be something special.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:36 PM   #39
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 32021
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

He looks like Jerome Bettis, except he's out there tackling people
roosterdude21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #40
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
High praise comparing him to Shaq Wilson..imagine if Henry has that level of football knowledge, but is more athletic (the only thing that held Shaq back imho was that he was 5'11 and didn't have the best lateral quickness).
This was my thought when watching his film. Smart, always has a nose for the ball, a little undersized.

Good looking player though.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote