CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
doubledribble
PageUSC
KaneisAble
Gamecocks1137
Jmansour333
GarnetSwarm1990
b381l
thumpin big
kingofnerf
TheUSCMike
Busta out indefinite (1856)
SOS says his next st (1559)
Our Road Upset Wins (1452)
CBSSports SEC predic (723)
No easy road for our (615)
Roll call for Auburn (535)
Our Defense? (483)
University of Buffal (468)
Michael Sams done in (360)
Party like it's 1903 (241)
SC vs Auburn -- Playmaker
2015 Commitment - Davon D
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
MMA: Holeve (Down Syndrom
Why is everyone anticipat
Holiday desserts
To ANYONE complaining abo
Our Defense?
CBSSports SEC prediction
SOS says his next stop is

Old 06-13-2014, 02:36 AM   #81
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs
Default Re: ESPN ranks SEC's RBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
I'm not sure which side of the fence I fall on between A&M and Auburn. There's argument to be made on both sides.

I'd like to hear your viewóhere's what I see A&M bringing to the table.

First of all, using as best of a comparison as we can, let's look at SEC only stats and eliminate games against the Florida Atlantic and Sam Houston schools.

Tre Williams ended up in the top 15 for rushing in the SEC last season. There's a legitimate question in asking if he'd received more carries last season if Manziel wasn't the running threat he became.

The biggest point in favor of A&M ranked where they are falls on their offensive line. Mike Sherman doesn't get the credit he deserves for the players he put in place for Sumlin. I know I'll get argument here from UofSC fans, but I feel there's a case to be made for their left tackle being the best in the SEC. (That's no disrespect to Robinson.)

NOW...

Over Arkansas? I don't see that. Alex Collins and Jonathan Williams, both top 15 guys in SEC play last year, are proven commodities. It's a case of what might be done (Grant's potential) to what's been done.

The 'Backs are right where they should be ranked.
You're definitely right about TAMU's LT, they're replacing him this year and I bet the new guy is still gonna be better than Robinson, their OTs beat speed rushers and power rushers just as well.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:48 PM   #82
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

The team rankings are interesting. I'm curious with the potential for four deep who is going to get left out. Three of the guys have had their share of injury issues so I'm curious if Williams will be the guy to just take the lead.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:53 AM   #83
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

They forgot to rank one guy, David Williams.

Watch out SEC, because a fast Marcus Lattimore is on the way. David Williams will be a household name before it is said and done. Auburn doesn't have a dang thing on our stable of running backs.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:37 AM   #84
CockyATO
Flipping Recruits

Male

CockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talons

I agree that this year should be huge for Dave Williams. He's my vote for breakout year.

Anybody know anything about Mike Davis' offseason conditioning? Up or down in weight/strength/speed?

Another N00k production
CockyATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:19 AM   #85
86 GradCock
7 Year Plan

Male

CockyCash: 1450
86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly

MD's run against not carolina tells you everything you need to know about the ACC; and about how good he is when healthy. With Wilds, Carson and Williams (listed by experience only) to back up Mike, we are way underrated by the writer of this piece. I think Brandon is going to be our go to guy inside the 10 and score TD's for us like Marcus did; almost automatic.
86 GradCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:43 AM   #86
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

The perception of who's the best will hinge greatly on offensive line play. Other factors include additional threats like good-running QB's and a strong passing game. Credible depth is also a factor. I think our depth may take numbers away from Davis, but add to his overall health and staying-power through the season. A healthy Gurley might have led the nation last year. Both top backs going down killed Georgia. I see our strength as being able to pound with Davis and Wilds and maybe force some teams to load the box. If they do, all 4 of our backs yield a threat to take a short pass a long way. If we get an opening and a block on one linebacker, we can pull off some good runs. I think we have a good mix of backs if all stay healthy.
On A&M, I think they will have to work hard to make up for the loss on the OL, the loss of a QB threat, and a defense that might allow teams to control the ball against them.

I'm guessing they may have more great individual runs than overall big numbers.

I agree that Williams is likely our ace in the hole.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:53 AM   #87
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post

Watch out SEC, because a fast Marcus Lattimore is on the way. David Williams will be a household name before it is said and done. Auburn doesn't have a dang thing on our stable of running backs.
They aren't going to rank someone who has a played a down in college.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:00 PM   #88
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:

Cool story

Last edited by B-G; 06-23-2014 at 12:14 PM.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:08 PM   #89
Thundercocks- Ho!
Recruit

Male

Thundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talonsThundercocks- Ho! has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
They aren't going to rank someone who has a played a down in college.
Sounds logical... except they did at #8.
Thundercocks- Ho! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:33 PM   #90
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:

Yeah..... Don't agree with that point.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote