CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
Outland
Latt7more
b381l
Grit_And_Steel
gadeneer1986
WeStillOwnUSC
ReadR00ster
Does South Carolina (1640)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Incoming Class (915)
Rest of the season p (892)
Let us clarify some (736)
Tennessee kickoff an (653)
Tennessee Game Time (646)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (626)
Just thought of some (538)
Is Clowney back toni (509)
Miss St. defense
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
Peyton Manning breaks Bre
Why is everyone anticipat
To ANYONE complaining abo
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Let us clarify some thing
How do you want Auburn to
Bruce Ellington's First T
Official NHL 2014-2015 Se

Old 06-12-2014, 11:39 PM   #581
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

With Wade 1-10 James would have to have a huge night, James has made 9 shots the rest of the team 10...
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:43 PM   #582
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
With Wade 1-10 James would have to have a huge night, James has made 9 shots the rest of the team 10...
James is having a huge night, too bad no one else on the Heat can hit a shot. James has 19 in the third and they are still down by 23.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:50 PM   #583
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Van Gundy just said what I was waiting to hear. A couple other teams in the West wouldve been slight favorites over the Heat.

I think the Heat are having some ACC troubles. If you play weaker competition all year and then you get hit in the mouth it becomes harder to respond when you are not used to it.

Spurs just got finished dealing with Westbrook and Durant. Miami is really not any better than them.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:04 AM   #584
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
Van Gundy just said what I was waiting to hear. A couple other teams in the West wouldve been slight favorites over the Heat.

I think the Heat are having some ACC troubles. If you play weaker competition all year and then you get hit in the mouth it becomes harder to respond when you are not used to it.

Spurs just got finished dealing with Westbrook and Durant. Miami is really not any better than them.
There were better teams top to bottom in the west but no other team would have beaten the Heat than the Spurs. OKC style would play into the Heat style and would have been entertaining but a Heat victory. The Spurs team style and deep bench has just worn down the Heat. Doesn't help that Wade has disappeared.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:25 AM   #585
GoCCUChants
I'm the Foxy Man

Male

CockyCash: 0
GoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot materialGoCCUChants is USC mascot material

So much for those cramps being the reason the heat lost game one.
GoCCUChants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:32 AM   #586
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I don't think I've ever seen an NBA team play as well on both sides of the court as this Spurs team.....they have no weaknesses.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:38 AM   #587
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 726
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

Coach Frank Martin would kill for the type of execution the Spurs have.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:54 AM   #588
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
There were better teams top to bottom in the west but no other team would have beaten the Heat than the Spurs. OKC style would play into the Heat style and would have been entertaining but a Heat victory. The Spurs team style and deep bench has just worn down the Heat. Doesn't help that Wade has disappeared.
I think the Heat would've beat the Thunder but I think the Clippers could have beat the Heat. They had a great starting lineup and a great bench like the Spurs. They could outscore you like they did the warriors even though they could not stop the warriors offense and they could play half court as well as up tempo.

The issue with most of the Western teams beating the Heat...being mentally tough enough to do it. Not sure the Clips or the Thunder had the mental makeup to get it done.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:10 AM   #589
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:

I disagree and think the Spurs have just played like a team possessed and playing to play the Heat all year, the Spurs put out more effort than the Heat. The heart of a champion is hard to stop and they have had it in this series, we shall see how big the heart of the Heat is Sunday and more importantly if James can put them on his back and beat a very, very, good team. I told a buddy if Leonard scores 20 again this series is over and he scored 20 tonight...James has to shoot the ball more than 17 times to start getting assists, the biggest difference in this series and last year is LeBron's assist total. The Spurs are making him make decisions under pressure with a body on him and giving no one on the Heat an easy shot. The Heat do not have an answer for the depth of the Spurs, Diaw almost had a triple double and I'm eating crow concerning Leonard's play.

I think we see a game 7 and the Heat break the Spurs heart again, first time for everything and greats love to be challenged so we will see if greatness is deserved for the Heat. If Timmy gets one for the thumb I will still be smiling, he is an all time great and the Heat will have no reason to hold their heads down but the Hornets are coming for both of them next year!
Old 06-13-2014, 01:18 AM   #590
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Quote:
I disagree and think the Spurs have just played like a team possessed and playing to play the Heat all year, the Spurs put out more effort than the Heat. The heart of a champion is hard to stop and they have had it in this series, we shall see how big the heart of the Heat is Sunday and more importantly if James can put them on his back and beat a very, very, good team. I told a buddy if Leonard scores 20 again this series is over and he scored 20 tonight...James has to shoot the ball more than 17 times to start getting assists, the biggest difference in this series and last year is LeBron's assist total. The Spurs are making him make decisions under pressure with a body on him and giving no one on the Heat an easy shot. The Heat do not have an answer for the depth of the Spurs, Diaw almost had a triple double and I'm eating crow concerning Leonard's play.
Fair enough. I am not trying to cheat the Spurs. They are playing phenomenal and they are playing better than at the beginning of the playoffs. Danny Green was lost the first two series and not even getting any playing time. He is now playing great.

It seems now the talking heads are putting this on Pop sitting the Spurs all season and the Heat being too tired now.

I am not sure I buy all of that but maybe it is the key factor. It seems that the Spurs are just executing better because they have the better team top to bottom and their team has improved each round and now all of the pieces are clicking.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:29 AM   #591
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Old 06-13-2014, 01:41 AM   #592
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

Quote:
Funny how Duncan can grab Bosh with his left arm to keep him from going after the rebound or boxing out and James as you can clearly see did not block out Leonard...
Old 06-13-2014, 02:48 AM   #593
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Fair enough. I am not trying to cheat the Spurs. They are playing phenomenal and they are playing better than at the beginning of the playoffs. Danny Green was lost the first two series and not even getting any playing time. He is now playing great.

It seems now the talking heads are putting this on Pop sitting the Spurs all season and the Heat being too tired now.

I am not sure I buy all of that but maybe it is the key factor. It seems that the Spurs are just executing better because they have the better team top to bottom and their team has improved each round and now all of the pieces are clicking.
It could be a factor.....making the reserves play a bigger role during the season - when it's understood the veteran starters won't help them, because they are in street clothes or didn't even travel with the team - helps build accountability in the reserves. They won't stand on the perimeter and become spectators to those starters in the big games, especially if the coaching staff beats into them that they all play big roles, and the veterans go along with the team concept.

With some other teams, if starters tire and reserves need to somehow step up, they can't do it because they weren't asked to during the season. Right now I see a San Antonio team that seems like it has 8-9 starters to take the floor, with all of them knowing how to contribute like starters and leaders...
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:37 AM   #594
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:

Except they've been playing the same type of teams for the past 3 years.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:43 AM   #595
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Except they've been playing the same type of teams for the past 3 years.
Not sure what you mean. The Spurs are much better team this year from the previous 3 years. Clips are the best they have been ever, Warriors are the best they have ever been, Blazers are better than they have been since Clyde was there, OKC had their best team yet with a healthy and slightly maturing Westbrook. Mavs were solid and so were the Grizz.

The East had Atlanta, Brooklyn, The most mentally weak but albeit talented team in Indiana. The bulls were weak without Rose. The surprise team was the Wizards.

I would match up the West against the East playoff teams and I believe the West would have dominated.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:46 AM   #596
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Quote:
Funny how Duncan can grab Bosh with his left arm to keep him from going after the rebound or boxing out and James as you can clearly see did not block out Leonard...
Wade did not attempt to block out Ginobili either...guess they are too tired.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:52 AM   #597
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
It could be a factor.....making the reserves play a bigger role during the season - when it's understood the veteran starters won't help them, because they are in street clothes or didn't even travel with the team - helps build accountability in the reserves. They won't stand on the perimeter and become spectators to those starters in the big games, especially if the coaching staff beats into them that they all play big roles, and the veterans go along with the team concept.

With some other teams, if starters tire and reserves need to somehow step up, they can't do it because they weren't asked to during the season. Right now I see a San Antonio team that seems like it has 8-9 starters to take the floor, with all of them knowing how to contribute like starters and leaders...
Part of it was injuries. Green and Leonard were hurt part of the season which contributed to the Spurs not playing OKC or Houston at full strength but the role players got plenty of minutes and players like Mills got plenty of action that prepared them for the end of the season. Pop still gets the credit for coaching for the endgame.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:01 AM   #598
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Not sure what you mean. The Spurs are much better team this year from the previous 3 years. Clips are the best they have been ever, Warriors are the best they have ever been, Blazers are better than they have been since Clyde was there, OKC had their best team yet with a healthy and slightly maturing Westbrook. Mavs were solid and so were the Grizz.

The East had Atlanta, Brooklyn, The most mentally weak but albeit talented team in Indiana. The bulls were weak without Rose. The surprise team was the Wizards.

I would match up the West against the East playoff teams and I believe the West would have dominated.
Talking about the heat.
The east has been weak the past 3 years
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:06 AM   #599
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Talking about the heat.
The east has been weak the past 3 years
Ok gotcha. Maybe the Heat are just weaker too. Lewis starting playing great for them and taking up the Mike Miller slack but he did not do much in the last game and the point guard position is a train wreck.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:15 AM   #600
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Ok gotcha. Maybe the Heat are just weaker too. Lewis starting playing great for them and taking up the Mike Miller slack but he did not do much in the last game and the point guard position is a train wreck.
The PG position is definitely a problem. They need to just play 3 shooters, James and a mix of Bosh, Anderson and other big guys. The Spurs on D aren't worried about helping on drives by the Hear because they don't respect the outside shooting consistency from the Heat. The Spurs on O have so many shooters that as soon as they get into the paint, if you help, they have wide open shooters who make it consistently. The heat remind me of those Cleveland teams that couldn't hit open looks when James would drive. James could easily have had 10+ assist last night if guys hit 50% of their open looks.

The Spurs are clearly a better team but Heat have the best player in the world that can make them competitive and give them a chance to make a miracle come back.