CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
bcolinc
JerseyBird
ConwayGamecock
Latti
usc1
FanofCarolina1
The Yancey
Seladen
kingofnerf
Gamecocks1137
**USC vs. Clemson GA (3884)
looks like we have 2 (1756)
Beat Miami (665)
Decommitment from Te (628)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (547)
Garcia and Clemsux T (511)
Frank Martin's Game (505)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (501)
Cleveland Browns Hea (421)
Need a dog kennel (175)
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
2015 - Mark Fields
So, why is next year goin
Previewing Clemson
2014 - 2015 Atlanta Brave
Cleveland Browns Headshot
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
Duck Bowl Depth Chart
looks like we have 2 OL r
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL

Old 06-13-2014, 11:23 AM   #1
thekob
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material
Default Mini Plan Football Tickets Announced...

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...061314aaa.html

In a new twist this year, fans will have an option of purchasing either a four-game mini-plan or a three-game mini-plan.

The four-game mini-plan sells for $225 and includes tickets to the East Carolina (September 6), Missouri (September 27), Furman (October 18) and Tennessee (November 1) games.

The three-game mini-plan sells for just $135 and includes tickets to the Furman (October 18), Tennessee (November 1) and South Alabama (November 22) games.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:28 AM   #2
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb
Default Re: Mini Plan Football Tickets Announced...

Not gonna lie... I don't like those options. I figured the aTm game would be in a mini pack and the Georgia would be for gamecock members only like the last time we played them at home
Old 06-13-2014, 11:35 AM   #3
thekob
2nd Team All-American

Male

thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduff32 View Post
Not gonna lie... I don't like those options. I figured the aTm game would be in a mini pack and the Georgia would be for gamecock members only like the last time we played them at home
Yeah, me either. Last year was the first year that I bought tickets since being a student (10 year USC football game drought) and we were pretty excited about the $165 pack, which was UF, Vandy and Miss State. Outside of Mizzou & Tennessee and maybe ECU I figure you can pick up South Alabama and Furman for much cheaper. I'd be all over a 3 pack of Mizzou, UTenn & ECU, though.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:51 AM   #4
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

If they want to sell the tickets for the smaller games, they could do a plan that included uga and it that mini game plan would sell out. They should've done a 3rd 3 game option of uga, south alabama, and furman.

Another idea would be a selection option where they could have different price points and charge premiums for games.

i.e.

Price $150
Choose 1
uga
tenn
mizz

and then

Choose 2
South Alabama
ECU
Furman

or another option:

Price $325
Choose 2
uga
tenn
mizz

Choose 2
South Alabama
Furman
ECU

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #5
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

I usually buy the mini packs, but this year looks like I won't. I will just buy tickets to the bigger games online and then go to the smaller games and get tickets for a lot less than face value.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:52 PM   #6
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

It's kind of weird to me that they're so tightly controlling the A&M tickets. I'd understand it if JFF was still playing, but is this game really going to be in that much demand? (Especially given the day of the week/time it's set for.) I'm a little worried about being able to grab some single tickets for that now.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:07 PM   #7
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
They should've done a 3rd 3 game option of uga, south alabama, and furman.

It's strange to me to see people critiquing these mini-plans. The reason why UGA and aTm aren't in the plan is b/c all of those tickets will likely be sold. High school level Econ at best.

I hate the mini-paks.

Mainly, b/c there are too many threads on CT about them.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:43 PM   #8
thekob
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
It's strange to me to see people critiquing these mini-plans. The reason why UGA and aTm aren't in the plan is b/c all of those tickets will likely be sold. High school level Econ at best.

I hate the mini-paks.

Mainly, b/c there are too many threads on CT about them.
Feel free to start an anti-mini-pack thread.

Or just, given the title of the thread, don't click on it, certainly don't read it, definitely don't quote someone posting in the thread, and obviously don't post in the thread.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:47 PM   #9
thekob
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurz View Post
It's kind of weird to me that they're so tightly controlling the A&M tickets. I'd understand it if JFF was still playing, but is this game really going to be in that much demand? (Especially given the day of the week/time it's set for.) I'm a little worried about being able to grab some single tickets for that now.
You're right about it being on a Thursday night....those aren't the best attended I don't think. I guess it's because it's the first time we're playing them and it's the first game of the cross-division rivalry.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:53 PM   #10
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Yeah, the aTm game is not only the season-opener, it's going to be a pretty big deal with it also being the SEC Network all-time opening game. The festivities and hoopla is probably going to dwarf whatever happens during a ESPN College Gameday site host gig does - there'll be a lot more going on that weekend than just a typical season-opening home game, which should be expected to be big enough on it's own accord. USC sold out every home game last season...

Missouri makes ses=nse because it's so far away, while UT is in a down period. They are still both good programs though, and each will have it's own interests and draws. But they won't include the big-draw games in these packages, and they shouldn't really. Not at this stage of the program's history...
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:54 PM   #11
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurz View Post
I tend to disagree here... for two main reasons.

1. It's the first time we play aTm and we want to set an example
2. The premiere of the SEC Network is that game... don't be surprised if our fans make a GREAT first impression that's hard to live up to.

I for one am really pumped to go to the aTm game for those two reasons.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:03 PM   #12
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

CockyCash: 24873509
GapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GapoGamecock51 Send a message via Yahoo to GapoGamecock51

Anyone in here want to get in to the game for free??? You'll have to work for it. But you get in free and get 3 quarters of football.

Gapo
Old 06-13-2014, 04:16 PM   #13
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudly

Quote:

2. The premiere of the SEC Network is that game... don't be surprised if our fans make a GREAT first impression that's hard to live up to.

Just hope Time Warner gets their s**t together before August 28....
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:18 PM   #14
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Quote:

Our first game against Missouri wasn't nearly as big of a deal, but I guess you're right that the SEC Network makes a difference. I'd forgotten about that, to tell you the truth...mostly because TWC still hasn't gotten on board.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:30 PM   #15
Mikeyk1337
Cocky in Georgia

Male

CockyCash: 100190
Mikeyk1337 has feathers coming inMikeyk1337 has feathers coming inMikeyk1337 has feathers coming in

Off OP a small bit, but can anyone think back to when like the UGA tickets go on sale to GCC members only if their was ever South end zone tickets in possibly the 800 sections ever available? I always get the east stands wanted to try something new.
Thanks!