CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
Gamecocks1137
B-G
ConwayGamecock
Interesting quotes f (2040)
Have you ever been s (1237)
Tennessee Offense Br (803)
Key for 2015 defense (741)
Women's Team Ranked (501)
This season and recr (434)
Skai Moore out for U (416)
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTIN (407)
Lebron makes Clevela (333)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (224)
Uniforms for Tenn
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Have you ever been so wro
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
We're going to the NCAA T
Season Tickets
Key for 2015 defense
Women's Team Ranked #2 In
Wallpaper & Backgroun
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw

Old 06-13-2014, 02:05 PM   #41
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 Commitment - Jalen Henry

If memory servers, Ryan Brewer was also voted the Player of the Decade in Ohio High School Football.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:18 PM   #42
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

A good week for gamecocks. Welcome aboard
Old 06-13-2014, 02:32 PM   #43
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Jalen Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak View Post
Damn impressive for sophomore highlights. The lack of star rating on this kid has everything to do with his junior year injury, I would guess. Our coaches aren't dummies. I'm betting he'll light it up as a senior.
I'd expect his recruiting to heat up this year....I hope he sticks with us, because he is the type player Ellis Johnson and Auburn could use in their system.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:35 PM   #44
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
Not to mention pipelines into other areas
Yes it seems Botkin has gotten a good little foothold in the Mobile bay area.
Stallworth, Walton and this guy are all from that area.

If we can carve out our own little piece of the pie in Bama that only helps this program get better.

NC, SC, GA, FL and AL..you can field a competitve football with just those states.

Throw in our connections in the Northeast and we have a very fertile recruiting tent to go through...heck, you could build a competitve team with just SC and GA players.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:08 PM   #45
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
I really believe that this kid is going to turn some heads this year.
I hope he turns a few 360 degrees when we play Clemson.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:36 PM   #46
TaiwanCock
Recruit

Male

TaiwanCock has hatched from the shell
Wink Re: 2015 - Jalen Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
Ryan Brewer was the Ohio state player of the year and broke the career rushing records for that state, we just stole him from osu but he had major offers...Brewer had 3*'s as I would almost promise this kid will before Feb next year. I agree with the hard nosed player, if he is anything like Shaq Wilson then Coach Wilson will love being his Quality Control Coordinator.
I have not forgotten about Brewer's creds, but you're right. I'm just hoping that he turns out to be another under-rated player overlooked by the homestate school(s) who goes on to a big college career. And while I'm hoping and dreaming, why not hope that he has one of those crazy games someday against his homestate school... like against Bama in the SEC Championship Game...? :-)

If he is even half as smart as Shaq Wilson, then we will have lucked out.
TaiwanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:48 PM   #47
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

84.0 3 star by 247 now
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:52 PM   #48
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Here is the write up for his ranking

Henry was given a three-star rating and a grade of 84. The stocky inside backer missed most of his junior season but his sophomore film flashes a lot of ability and an instinct for the football. He will be a definite potential riser and his senior film will be a must-watch.
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:09 PM   #49
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

CHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his claws

From an Alabama poster:

Quote:
Really, really good kid. I helped coach him in Baseball All Stars a while back. Played QB for the middle school and early Freshman team. Started LB SO year and really took over as disruptive, mean streak. Broke his foot early in the year last year and the team wasnt the same. Not as tall as you might want but at around 6'. Dad is a really good guy as well. Probably not going to be rated 5* but has 5* work ethic and will be a good one for you.
CHSgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:43 PM   #50
Cockypantherfan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Very good words to hear about this guy.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:59 PM   #51
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
I'm sure DJ playing for the Texans has everything to do with that one.
the article I read about him didn't mention DJ.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:01 PM   #52
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
This could be another steal pickup.
One thing I noticed from his film...when he is engaged with his blocker his handwork and punch is very physical to get blockers off him.

Also, has a nose for the ball and when he tackles, he was form tackling and wrapping up...I almost felt like I was watching a more polished version of Jonathan Walton.

I do agree, doesn't have the size of a Bama LB (seems they like guys 6'2 and up)...but Auburn, that would be a tricky one.
he could easily be 230 by the time he gets to Columbia....he faster than Shaq Wilson.....
Old 06-19-2014, 09:06 PM   #53
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Article via Rivals

Quote:
USC has had success in recent years recruiting and developing linebackers who were not household names in recruiting circles. The Gamecocks added another of that type Thursday in Jalen Henry (6-1 200) of Foley, AL.
Henry made an unofficial visit Thursday to USC with his parents, met with recruiter and linebackers coach Kirk Botkin and other members of the defensive staff, and also sat down with Steve Spurrier in his office. Before leaving, he made his pledge to join the Gamecocks’ 2015 class.
“As soon as I walked in they were greeting me and I felt like I was at home,” Henry said. “The players I met in the lockerroom greeted me and I fit in very well. It felt like my own school actually.”
Henry has 14 offers with USC his first from an SEC school. He has not been a much talked about recruit this spring because he missed most of his junior season with a broken foot. Botkin first saw Henry in 2010 but Henry didn’t hear back from the Gamecock recruiter until earlier this spring when he came by his school and offered him the chance to play for a top ten team in the SEC.
“To be part of something special like this after not getting the opportunity to do anything my whole junior year and having a big injury and not being able to help my football team, it feels good to be out there you know.”
One observer compared Henry to former USC linebacker Shaq Wilson as far as his playing skills. He has excellent speed and makes plays all over the field. He recorded 159 tackles as a sophomore.
“I get out on pass drops really well and get out on the perimeter and tackle well and make plays,” he said.
Henry also plays baseball and was named to the Coastal Alabama All-Region first team as a third baseman,, but his focus will be on football. He is considering enrolling early but has not made a final decision on that.
Henry is the second linebacker commitment for USC’s 2015 class and the 15th overall.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ma-linebacker/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

Last edited by CoverTwo; 06-19-2014 at 09:37 PM.
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:23 AM   #54
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Got a bump up to 3* 5.5 this weekend. You know we have arrived when guys like this are getting bumped up even before their senior season.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:13 AM   #55
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Got a bump up to 3* 5.5 this weekend. You know we have arrived when guys like this are getting bumped up even before their senior season.
we've arrived when kids are getting bumped from low 3 stars to kinda low 3 stars?
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:11 AM   #56
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
we've arrived when kids are getting bumped from low 3 stars to kinda low 3 stars?
He was a 2* and now he's a 3*. The fact that he's getting a ratings bump before his season even starts, tells us he has potential to be a big time player.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:07 AM   #57
doc
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 0
doc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spursdoc has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
He was a 2* and now he's a 3*. The fact that he's getting a ratings bump before his season even starts, tells us he has potential to be a big time player.
The fact that our coaches took his commitment tells us
of his potential!
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #58
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

He is a part of the Alabama All-star team for this season. They announced it a few weeks ago. The Alabama All-star team that plays against Mississippi's All-star team. Pretty much like the Shrine bowl for North and South Carolina.

Anybody know why this kid doesn't have many offers? He plays in 7A football and now he's an All-star, which means he makes plays every week.

Also Quandeski Whitlow is also on the Alabama All-star team.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #59
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 420
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
He is a part of the Alabama All-star team for this season. They announced it a few weeks ago. The Alabama All-star team that plays against Mississippi's All-star team. Pretty much like the Shrine bowl for North and South Carolina.

Anybody know why this kid doesn't have many offers? He plays in 7A football and now he's an All-star, which means he makes plays every week.

Also Quandeski Whitlow is also on the Alabama All-star team.
Undersized+no offer from Bama or Auburn= Low rating
Old 10-24-2014, 01:10 PM   #60
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Missed most of his JR year with an injury.