CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingofnerf
WeStillOwnUSC
GH
uscjeremynca
simsar4
TAFC 5 1981
GarnetSwarm1990
gamecock ray
Acockolypse Now
18IsTheMan
So, Dylan Thompson? (5000)
Confused fan here. (3513)
Is anybody still opt (3231)
Here's a terrifying (2409)
Predict the Season ( (2198)
Acock's Wrap Up: TAM (1732)
How were the Aggie f (1119)
David Williams?? (1031)
Could Mike Davis Be (1012)
This says it all. (887)
SOS is pissed
More NCAA Stupidity: Vand
Watching other games
Will Gameday still come?
2015 Commitment - Shameik
SCHSL High School Footbal
Is anybody still optimist
So, Dylan Thompson?
Heck of an atmosphere
2014-2015 WBB Schedule

Old 06-14-2014, 07:43 PM   #1
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material
Default 2014 U.S. Open

Kaymer is letting the field edge closer. Thought it would be a snoozer after yesterday. Where's Tiger when you need him ? Geez
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:31 PM   #2
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 U.S. Open

Rickie Rickie Rickie!

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:01 AM   #3
kabercr2
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
kabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his claws

Probably going to atleast need a 73 or higher from Kaymer for Rickie or Dustin to have a chance.
kabercr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:54 AM   #4
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Screw Tiger. He would be complaining about the course or his swing or something about why he isnt in contention.

A 74 for Kaymer and things will get interesting.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #5
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

I'm not a Tiger fan at all. And I hope Fowler can muster up a steroid jerk and put some pressure on Kaymer.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:02 PM   #6
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

I want someone to shoot a 62 to win, right in Johnny Miller's face.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:20 PM   #7
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Not a golf fan...I guess bc could nevre afford to play it but this was cool that I saw on my FB feed

Wow, Epic hole in one...he should have done the Bull dance from Happy Gilmore.
http://golfweek.com/news/2014/jun/15...one-pinehurst/
Old 06-15-2014, 03:39 PM   #8
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Erik Compton's 2 heart transplant surgeries......he has become close to the family of the guy that died (volleyball player, possible olympics) whose heart he received 6 years ago. What a story this would be if he won today.

By Jason Sobel Jun 14, 2014, 8:48 PM EDTCompton's story is heartwarming

PINEHURST, N.C. – Erik Compton was nervous and frightened. He was 12 years old and lying in a hospital bed, the result of a faulty heart that had left him hooked up to scary-looking machines while surrounded by a swirling sea of doctors and nurses, each prepping him for transplant surgery.

His parents were nervous and frightened, too. They couldn’t show it, though, not in front of their son. Peter and Eli Compton needed to put up a brave front. They needed to encourage their youngest son. They needed to tell him that everything would be OK.

No, they needed to tell him that everything would be better than OK.

“We just said once you get a new heart, you’re going to be a champion,” his mother remembers. “You’re going to get the heart of a champion.”

Twenty-two years ago, Eli Compton (her first name is pronounced Ellie) wasn’t trying to foreshadow the 114th U.S. Open Championship. In fact, her son loved baseball more than golf back then. Following the surgery, he sat in a wheelchair, looked into a camera and offered the same proclamation that he’d first made four years earlier: “I’m going to be a Major League baseball player.”
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:25 PM   #9
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 107687138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Fowler can't handle the pressure at all. He always implodes
Old 06-15-2014, 07:03 PM   #10
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
I wouldn't go that far. His Ryder Cup performances have been super.

He is also going through the swing change.

Hopefully a little more time with Butch will get him to that first major.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:32 AM   #11
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
he finished 5th in the Masters.....played well Sunday except doubled 1 hole....he had 72 on Sunday, same thing Kaymer had Saturday.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:00 AM   #12
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
he finished 5th in the Masters.....played well Sunday except doubled 1 hole....he had 72 on Sunday, same thing Kaymer had Saturday.
The course was set up to play the most difficult on Saturday. Only two players shot under par that I saw (Fowler and Compton). The Sunday setup was supposed to allow players to go low if they played well. Fowler was actually putting very well... on line with great pace, but the ball just was not dropping for him. That's just how it happens sometimes. Kaymer just dominated that tournament from start to finish. Realistically, several players had a shot to atleast make it interesting when Kaymer made a bogey here and there, but the tournament was Kaymer's to lose. That said, Fowler only has one PGA tour win if I'm not mistaken... that's not great at all considering all the hype that comes with him, which I think is mainly due to his style which appeals to little kids... and I can't really bring myself to pull for the guy with the way he dresses sometimes.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:35 AM   #13
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
wtf? He finished tied 2nd...and started the weekend like 13 shots back of the lead. If anything, Fowler is getting stronger in majors and all that with going through swing changes. I think that your opinion is off base or based on unrealistic expectations for a US Open venue that is one of the quirkiest courses in the USA. If you have ever played there or have the opportunity, you would know what I mean...frustrating as hell and television did the greens no justice in showing how much slope there is on that course.
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:56 AM   #14
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Was there really any pressure for Fowler to win though?

Kaymer had this won after Friday.

Sure Fowler played great but I think he means when in contention to win.

There was no pressure on Fowler this weekend, it was Kaymer's to lose.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:41 PM   #15
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
The course was set up to play the most difficult on Saturday. Only two players shot under par that I saw (Fowler and Compton). The Sunday setup was supposed to allow players to go low if they played well. Fowler was actually putting very well... on line with great pace, but the ball just was not dropping for him. That's just how it happens sometimes. Kaymer just dominated that tournament from start to finish. Realistically, several players had a shot to atleast make it interesting when Kaymer made a bogey here and there, but the tournament was Kaymer's to lose. That said, Fowler only has one PGA tour win if I'm not mistaken... that's not great at all considering all the hype that comes with him, which I think is mainly due to his style which appeals to little kids... and I can't really bring myself to pull for the guy with the way he dresses sometimes.
now that Butch Harmon is his coach, I think you'll see him continue to play better and win more tournaments.....he makes a ton of money to dress the way he does.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:41 PM   #16
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Was there really any pressure for Fowler to win though?

Kaymer had this won after Friday.

Sure Fowler played great but I think he means when in contention to win.

There was no pressure on Fowler this weekend, it was Kaymer's to lose.
it was the US Open....there's a ton of pressure on all the players....
Old 06-20-2014, 12:00 AM   #17
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Absolutely !
Old 06-20-2014, 12:14 AM   #18
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

A scratch amateur golfer that played there couldn't break 80.....with the course set up the way it was. A friend of mine is a scratch player and played at Oakmont the year they had the Open there....he shot 85 the week after the tournament.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:25 AM   #19
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Of course there's pressure on everyone.
Ehhh the spotlight was on Kaymer the entire tourney.
Fowler made a great run but it want a situation similar to what Luke is talking about.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:44 AM   #20
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Of course there's pressure on everyone.
Ehhh the spotlight was on Kaymer the entire tourney.
Fowler made a great run but it want a situation similar to what Luke is talking about.
yeah, finishing second in the US Open is certainly evidence of not being able to handle pressure. BTW, they are playing for more than just winning...Fowler moved from 18 to 7 in Ryder Cup points and not to mention the Fed Ex cup points. If you think that does not motivate players, I don't know what else to say. Since he didn't win...he choked, lol...what a joke
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote