CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
RGHoskins
Master Bedroom
gadeneer1986
donbgamecock
Kaka
A. Pilgrim
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
Fight, win, kick a-- (1496)
The Gator Bowl wants (1211)
Why I'm hopeful abou (1164)
A simple defensive l (869)
USC will upset Aubur (851)
In-state QB talent (709)
Texas athletic direc (500)
This is War (399)
Which loss hurt wors (390)
SEC Debate: Best can (386)
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Bama @ Tennessee
In-state QB talent
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
BA ranks recruiting class
Cann tipping plays?
Why I'm hopeful about Aub


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2014, 07:00 PM   #561
b381l
Heisman Winner
 
b381l's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 22,961
CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
And like I said in the first post you quoted, I was probably missing some. I admitted that.
there's about 75 more offers.....take a look at the 2014-2015 offer thread.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:02 PM   #562
b381l
Heisman Winner
 
b381l's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 22,961
CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
Do we get to "count back" to the '14 class for guys like Dante' Sawyer that went JUCO if he signs in '15 (I think he can do so since he will have 3 semesters of JUCO) so that he will not "count" against the '15 numbers?
yes, we can count back all EE including Sawyer as long as there was remaining room from the 2014 class......the ones we still don't know about are Thomas, Wideman, Smalls and Blue.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:44 PM   #563
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13
 
garnet_black215's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 7,770
CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
there's about 75 more offers.....take a look at the 2014-2015 offer thread.
Didn't know we had a shot with ALL of those players. Could be one hell of a recruiting class in that case.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:36 PM   #564
b381l
Heisman Winner
 
b381l's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 22,961
CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Didn't know we had a shot with ALL of those players. Could be one hell of a recruiting class in that case.
I doubt we offered them if we didn't think we had any chance. Plus there could be others that we may not have offered yet.....like Antoine Wilder who just committed yesterday. We've got 8 months and you just never know who will end up taking an OV with us. I'm sure our coaches are keeping up and communicating with most on that offer list. We'll see.....but I'm really happy where we are right now.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:51 PM   #565
Pty23
Blue Chip
 
Pty23's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbia
Posts: 630
CockyCash: 500
Pty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I doubt we offered them if we didn't think we had any chance. Plus there could be others that we may not have offered yet.....like Antoine Wilder who just committed yesterday. We've got 8 months and you just never know who will end up taking an OV with us. I'm sure our coaches are keeping up and communicating with most on that offer list. We'll see.....but I'm really happy where we are right now.
Agree...RB is the only position I'm slightly worried about right now. Looks like we're in ok shape with a few, but not sure if any of them could be considered "elite", and after we didn't take a RB last year thought we could get one this cycle for sure. In my opinion Scarlett is the best one we're after right now, hope we can get him on campus soon. As you say though, still very early.
Pty23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:24 AM   #566
b381l
Heisman Winner
 
b381l's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 22,961
CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
Agree...RB is the only position I'm slightly worried about right now. Looks like we're in ok shape with a few, but not sure if any of them could be considered "elite", and after we didn't take a RB last year thought we could get one this cycle for sure. In my opinion Scarlett is the best one we're after right now, hope we can get him on campus soon. As you say though, still very early.
I think we'll get Turner and 1 more....don't know who yet.....could be Scarlett, but he's got to take a visit first and that didn't happen this weekend. I know about the wreck, but I'll be more of a believer when I see him in Columbia.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:30 AM   #567
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13
 
garnet_black215's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 7,770
CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
Agree...RB is the only position I'm slightly worried about right now. Looks like we're in ok shape with a few, but not sure if any of them could be considered "elite", and after we didn't take a RB last year thought we could get one this cycle for sure. In my opinion Scarlett is the best one we're after right now, hope we can get him on campus soon. As you say though, still very early.
Have to admit I'm worried about OT. Sure, we have two pretty good ones committed, but we only return one true OT next season. We need depth at that position. Bailey will hopefully commit soon and that will be a great pickup if he comes here, but it's unclear if he's a guard or tackle. If he's a tackle that would be great. Maybe there's one more out there we can grab.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:16 PM   #568
ra742002
Game MVP
 
ra742002's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 1,632
CockyCash: 200
ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

I saw Bailey for the second time yesterday while at camp. He was just walking down the street, across from the stadium. He is FREAKING HUGE. He looks like an NFL tackle right now! He is so monstrous.
__________________
FEAR THE SPUR



ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:29 PM   #569
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP
 
roosterdude21's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: S. Carolina
Posts: 2,145
CockyCash: 10258
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Scarlett and Turner would be great add's. A commit from Bailey would be awesome but that doesn't sound like it would be anytime soon. His grandfather likes the HBC so that helps
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #570
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American
 
USCBASEBALL1's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PENDLETON, SC
Posts: 10,119
CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Have to admit I'm worried about OT. Sure, we have two pretty good ones committed, but we only return one true OT next season. We need depth at that position. Bailey will hopefully commit soon and that will be a great pickup if he comes here, but it's unclear if he's a guard or tackle. If he's a tackle that would be great. Maybe there's one more out there we can grab.
Hopefully Mike Matulis can stay healthy and shore down that LT position.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:27 PM   #571
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American
 
USCBASEBALL1's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: PENDLETON, SC
Posts: 10,119
CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Veal was a legacy.
Too soft.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #572
Pty23
Blue Chip
 
Pty23's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbia
Posts: 630
CockyCash: 500
Pty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Just saw we offered Quandeski Whitlow, DE out of Alabama, & got a CB prediction for him. Anyone got any info? Sorry if he has a thread already, I just wasn't able to find it.
Pty23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:41 PM   #573
conwaycock2
Two Deep
 
conwaycock2's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: longs
Posts: 1,187
CockyCash: 500
conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Just offered yesterday. Likely tells you a great deal about where some of the other recruits stand grade wise. Guy lives in the backyard of the Auburn campus.
conwaycock2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:49 PM   #574
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13
 
garnet_black215's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 7,770
CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Hopefully Mike Matulis can stay healthy and shore down that LT position.
That would be ideal, but can his shoulders hold up at one of the tackle positions?
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:53 PM   #575
Pty23
Blue Chip
 
Pty23's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbia
Posts: 630
CockyCash: 500
Pty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
Just offered yesterday. Likely tells you a great deal about where some of the other recruits stand grade wise. Guy lives in the backyard of the Auburn campus.
Man we can't handle another cycle of non-qualifiers like last year. What you said definitely makes sense, but I'm sure hoping you're wrong LOL.
Pty23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:59 PM   #576
conwaycock2
Two Deep
 
conwaycock2's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: longs
Posts: 1,187
CockyCash: 500
conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
Man we can't handle another cycle of non-qualifiers like last year. What you said definitely makes sense, but I'm sure hoping you're wrong LOL.
I'm referring more to recruits in the 2014 class who would be coming in this summer & some of the JUCO's.
conwaycock2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:02 PM   #577
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13
 
garnet_black215's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In a van down by the river.
Posts: 7,770
CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
I'm referring more to recruits in the 2014 class who would be coming in this summer & some of the JUCO's.
That's what I was hoping you meant. As far as the 2015 recruits, at least for now, we seem to be fine in regards to the academic side of things. Obviously we're about a year away before these guys enroll, but hopefully everything is good to go with them.

Really hope Sawyer is able to get here for 2015.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:17 PM   #578
boness
4-Star
 
boness's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: land O lakes florida
Posts: 323
CockyCash: 500
boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
You guys are getting worried for nothing. We've already got Clark, Milton and Palmer and have a huge lead for Bailey....and we're in the running for several more....he now have the #6 class in the country. Things are going great for us.
Have a good weekend.
IMHO they are not worried "for nothing" The particular reason to worry is one that certainly can be accomidated. It is a problem one of the most talented rosters has in spades,FLA. They have as much, or nearly as much, raw total roster talent as anyone not named BAma BUT, and it is a HUGE BUTT! They lack, at least, two things.
They lack balance of said talent across positions. Mega talent at some, modest at best for others and virtually absent for a few. Also, tho not as significant an issue, they lack cohesiveness in the plan for which the talent was acumulated, particularly in O. The current staff inherited a roster well built for a spread, then two power classes now a third tact, prostyle. Some are able to transition better than others but the combination of missteps has greatly contributed to thier underperfomance given the raw talent signed onto the roster.
Balance issues, for instance, rb showed showed itself a bit for us once Mike got banged up and we had to turn to two injury prone subs. Once it goes beyond the point staff can find adquate alternatives with position match and switch the weakest link in the chain becomes britle. Minus Mike we have three guys, two non durable backups who, thus far, are marginal when healthy and one unproven fresh for whom we have high hopes but no demonstrated effectiveness.
We don't sign an elite or near elite back for 15 and those remaining 3 are it and we have lack of balance across positions. We need at least one good back to hold serve and more than likely two too advance the running game via true depth. WE have more talent at OL than in yrs and therefore should set a new level of effect for that group, again to hold serve we have to replace those upgrades who move on to Sunday. JMHO
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:39 PM   #579
Pty23
Blue Chip
 
Pty23's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbia
Posts: 630
CockyCash: 500
Pty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
I'm referring more to recruits in the 2014 class who would be coming in this summer & some of the JUCO's.
Ah gotcha, I feel better now
Pty23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:57 PM   #580
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP
 
roosterdude21's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: S. Carolina
Posts: 2,145
CockyCash: 10258
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by boness View Post
IMHO they are not worried "for nothing" The particular reason to worry is one that certainly can be accomidated. It is a problem one of the most talented rosters has in spades,FLA. They have as much, or nearly as much, raw total roster talent as anyone not named BAma BUT, and it is a HUGE BUTT! They lack, at least, two things.
They lack balance of said talent across positions. Mega talent at some, modest at best for others and virtually absent for a few. Also, tho not as significant an issue, they lack cohesiveness in the plan for which the talent was acumulated, particularly in O. The current staff inherited a roster well built for a spread, then two power classes now a third tact, prostyle. Some are able to transition better than others but the combination of missteps has greatly contributed to thier underperfomance given the raw talent signed onto the roster.
Balance issues, for instance, rb showed showed itself a bit for us once Mike got banged up and we had to turn to two injury prone subs. Once it goes beyond the point staff can find adquate alternatives with position match and switch the weakest link in the chain becomes britle. Minus Mike we have three guys, two non durable backups who, thus far, are marginal when healthy and one unproven fresh for whom we have high hopes but no demonstrated effectiveness.
We don't sign an elite or near elite back for 15 and those remaining 3 are it and we have lack of balance across positions. We need at least one good back to hold serve and more than likely two too advance the running game via true depth. WE have more talent at OL than in yrs and therefore should set a new level of effect for that group, again to hold serve we have to replace those upgrades who move on to Sunday. JMHO

That's about as on point as it gets
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2015, recruiting

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development