CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gamecock88
GregoryHouse
Dietz
Gamecocks1137
Carolina-Beez
Badazcock
Grit_And_Steel
roosterdude21
Order 66
zcoop
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8798)
ESPN Game Day Commen (1690)
Simple "yes&quo (1369)
Phil Steele just pre (1051)
The Comeback & T (790)
Garcia: Change the R (631)
TeMarcus Blanton (623)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Miss St vs. Kentucky (280)
Wallpaper & Back (250)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Anybody just have that &q
Bama @ Tennessee
Turtle Beach
Miss St vs. Kentucky
Where in Seattle
UFC 179: Jose Aldo vs Cha
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Name a Gamecock

Old 06-16-2014, 12:54 PM   #121
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material
Default Re: Thank you non-soccer fans.

Ive tried not to do it, but I will say it is hard because die hard soccer fans can be kind of snobbish, posting things on there fb walls like 6 ways to not sound like an idiot during the world cup, and using this time to post how much dumber American football is than soccer and that soccer is the greatest thing ever.

I have no issues with soccer, I just didn't grow up with it. I love my irrelevant world sports of football and baseball, but I have always respected soccer and the wc is a once in four year thing, and way bigger than the Olympics.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:08 PM   #122
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 0
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
Ive tried not to do it, but I will say it is hard because die hard soccer fans can be kind of snobbish, posting things on there fb walls like 6 ways to not sound like an idiot during the world cup, and using this time to post how much dumber American football is than soccer and that soccer is the greatest thing ever.

I have no issues with soccer, I just didn't grow up with it. I love my irrelevant world sports of football and baseball, but I have always respected soccer and the wc is a once in four year thing, and way bigger than the Olympics.
If that's so then why are the Olympics looking at the possiblity of moving their games away from Brazil in 2016 because of the mess down there?

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/06/05/sp...pics-scrutiny/
jrussjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:21 PM   #123
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

I'll admit...not really that into soccer. But Little Man wants to watch the match tonight, so guess what we're doing. He even said "but Mommy, I thought you didn't like soccer". I told him that if he wanted to watch the USA we'd watch it.

GO USA!!!
USCBatgirl21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:32 PM   #124
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
If that's so then why are the Olympics looking at the possiblity of moving their games away from Brazil in 2016 because of the mess down there?

Bc they're way behind schedule...same uproar was made from FIFA

I admit, I dont give a hoot in hell about the Olympics so I'm overly biased but I get why others care...I just dont.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:03 PM   #125
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs

I think with the popularity of soccer with the younger demo and the decline of baseball in that same demo you are going to see soccer eventually overtake baseball in our country. Baseball is still doing ok now but they are losing the younger fans. They've got to do something to speed up the game or make it more exciting.
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:08 PM   #126
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by paynemd2 View Post
I think with the popularity of soccer with the younger demo and the decline of baseball in that same demo you are going to see soccer eventually overtake baseball in our country. Baseball is still doing ok now but they are losing the younger fans. They've got to do something to speed up the game or make it more exciting.
Maybe allow the spectator to control the players as if they are playing the game? That's about the only way to speed up the game.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #127
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post

i meant way bigger as in viewership, if you asked the world would they rather win the WC or the Olympics or asked which was more prestigious id imagine most would say the WC. It is the premier sporting event

for willy
Old 06-16-2014, 02:27 PM   #128
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
I'll admit...not really that into soccer. But Little Man wants to watch the match tonight, so guess what we're doing. He even said "but Mommy, I thought you didn't like soccer". I told him that if he wanted to watch the USA we'd watch it.

GO USA!!!
exactly its like the Gamecocks, i dont care the sport if its the USA or USC i will watch

for willy
Old 06-16-2014, 02:51 PM   #129
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
i meant way bigger as in viewership, if you asked the world would they rather win the WC or the Olympics or asked which was more prestigious id imagine most would say the WC. It is the premier sporting event
That makes my point even more. What we have here, basically, the most watched event in the world, indirectly saying conditions there are acceptable.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #130
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

I think they Olympics are far more concerned bc their viewership is diminishing and after the sub-par Russian venture, they're in alert mode.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:34 PM   #131
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Saw some of our friends on NBC the other day... they are traveling with the American Outlaws. Should be a fun day today for that crowd.

I'd follow soccer more if I knew more people that followed it. That's the fun part of following sports, talking about and watching the game with other enthusiasts. Before I lived here I followed NFL exclusively, that's what we watch out west... but here I might as well have been following soccer, nobody cared. I've since converted to collegiate athletics.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:14 PM   #132
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Columbia SC has an American Outlaws chapter, look em up and get to know them!
Old 06-16-2014, 04:31 PM   #133
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Columbia SC has an American Outlaws chapter, look em up and get to know them!

Just joined last week!! They are based out of British Bulldog pub. It's in the shopping plaza where Columbiana Grande movie theatre is. Should be a crazy atmosphere there tonight if anybody wants to come out and watch the game with a bunch of diehard fans!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2014, 04:33 PM   #134
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Quote:
exactly its like the Gamecocks, i dont care the sport if its the USA or USC i will watch
Little Man had us watching Gamecock Volleyball before because, "it's the Gamecocks, Mommy". Can't argue with that!
USCBatgirl21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:46 AM   #135
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

If u wanna get into soccer, come to british bulldog next usa game and hang out with me, I will prob be there drunk, I get really emotional when watching soccer, its fun.

I went by myself yesterday and made about 20 friends, i dont even remember their names

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #136
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

Quote:

im still learning baseball and golf, hard for me to socialize with that crowd, at the end of the day, grab a beer, wear a usa jersey and have a good time.

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:53 AM   #137
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I grew up playing soccer. I never really watched it until college though and I only dedicatedly watch the USMNT and a select few MLS games (preferably Sounders when they are at home). If Nashville's FC team gets big enough, I'd definitely go to a few games. Definitely going to the next friendly or qualifier in the Music City.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #138
G&B
purple nurple

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

I have read this thread and have successfully suppressed the urge to be an....

Old 06-17-2014, 12:26 PM   #139
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
I grew up playing soccer. I never really watched it until college though and I only dedicatedly watch the USMNT and a select few MLS games (preferably Sounders when they are at home). If Nashville's FC team gets big enough, I'd definitely go to a few games. Definitely going to the next friendly or qualifier in the Music City.
MLS Atlanta 2017 in the Falcon's new Stadium

Proud Founding member here.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #140
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 49400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

So okay, I tried yesterday. I still found that game somewhat boring. I know the rules of soccer but strategy is something I don't understand. I know the US hired that German coach and he is supposed to be really good, but the whole game it appeared that Ghana was better coached and had some sort of game plan as to what they wanted to do. The US seemed to just kick it to the other end and hope someone would out run the defenders. I didn't see the first goal but the second was a good play but can you rely on corner kicks the whole time. Not trying to bash but was what I saw wrong. Was Ghana not running plays or some sort of motion offense like basketball and US hoping to score on fast breaks?