CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Travelin
Spurticus
B-G
rioninusc
Sandstorm29
markymark550
Gamecocks1137
GarnetSwarm1990
Regalcock
Jim Lahey
looks like we have 2 (1179)
Abu Bowl Ready (605)
**USC vs. Clemson GA (586)
Beat Miami (508)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (355)
Frank Martin's Game (335)
Garcia and Clemsux T (334)
Decommitment from Te (318)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (196)
Need a dog kennel (79)
Previewing Clemson
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
2014 - 2015 Atlanta Brave
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10"
5 Gourmet Foods That Used
Duck Bowl Depth Chart
24 restaurants foodies co
5 apps to turn your smart
The Vent and Coaching cha
OL Na'Ty Rodgers transfer

Old 06-16-2014, 02:42 PM   #521
tkousc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
tkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudlytkousc is crowing loudly
Default Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

This couldn't have gone any better for the USA. Portugal's goal difference is horrid, Pepe is out of our game and Coentrao may be too. Now we just need to beat Ghana tonight.
tkousc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #522
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

We need to do our job tonight!! This group just became wide open for us to advance out of. We could possibly advance with a win tonight and a draw against Portugal after that terribad goal difference. #IBelive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SR4-AJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #523
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkousc View Post
This couldn't have gone any better for the USA. Portugal's goal difference is horrid, Pepe is out of our game and Coentrao may be too. Now we just need to beat Ghana tonight.
Absolutely could not have gone better. US beats Ghana and hangs tough against Portugal and Germany...a tie could be all it takes if Germany keeps rolling.

Got to beat Ghana though...I believe!!!
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:06 PM   #524
flava03
Recruit

Male

flava03 is developing his combflava03 is developing his combflava03 is developing his combflava03 is developing his combflava03 is developing his combflava03 is developing his combflava03 is developing his combflava03 is developing his combflava03 is developing his comb

We've been here before with just needing a win over Ghana. Here's to putting the past behind us and not letting them ruin our hopes again. I believe!!!!!
Old 06-16-2014, 03:41 PM   #525
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

I've been consumed with the World Cup. Only match I've missed so far is Costa Rica v Uruguay. A few thoughts on today so far.

-Portugal is overrated. I said it earlier in this thread before the WC started. I said in an ESPN chat last week that I would run naked down my street if Portugal won the WC. Today, one of the moderators in the Boot Room on ESPNFC remembered my comment. It looks as if I'm safe. My neighbors are the true winners today.

-Pepe is a moron. Always has been. Ronaldo is talented but en egotistical maniac. I would never want to play with him.

-Thomas Mueller has 8 World Cup goals in 7 matches. Brazil's Ronaldo has the record with 15 in 19 games.

-If the US wasn't motivated before, they should be now. Portugal already has a loss and a goal differential of -4. They will also be missing at least 1 starter next match and possible two more.

-In case you missed the Pepe red card, here is a re-enactment.
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #526
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

This is hanging outside of my cube today. Will be putting this on as I leave work today and head home to watch the match.
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2014, 03:51 PM   #527
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Update on the Ghana match - Michael Essien and Kevin Prince Boateng out for Ghana tonight. The news just gets better and better for the US!!!
Old 06-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #528
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Update on the Ghana match - Michael Essien and Kevin Prince Boateng out for Ghana tonight. The news just gets better and better for the US!!!

Where did you see/hear this?? If so them missing Essien in the midfield will be huge for them. He is the leader and commanding force for them through the middle!! The stars are alining for us to advance we just need to do our part!!

SR4-AJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:05 PM   #529
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
Where did you see/hear this?? If so them missing Essien in the midfield will be huge for them. He is the leader and commanding force for them through the middle!! The stars are alining for us to advance we just need to do our part!!

ESPN FC boot room update. I will see if I can find a link.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:06 PM   #530
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
I've looked everywhere I can think of for this...do you have a link?
Old 06-16-2014, 04:14 PM   #531
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SR4-AH1, numerous reports flying around. Nothing confirmed. ESPN FC guys trying to confirm this. News will be out shortly as we get closer.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #532
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

wow...IBELIEVETHATWEWILLWIN
Old 06-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #533
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

The only place I see where Essien and Boateng are out is:

http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2014/0...ainst-the-u-s/
Old 06-16-2014, 04:24 PM   #534
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Can't concentrate at work today... All I want to do is go home and watch the World Cup.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #535
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
The only place I see where Essien and Boateng are out is:

http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2014/0...ainst-the-u-s/
There you go! Boot room reports are seldom wrong!

Actually, Twitter is a FANTASTIC resource for breaking news like this.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #536
WE_ARE
Mr. BIG COCK

Male

CockyCash: 200
WE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudlyWE_ARE is crowing loudly

Ian Drake just confirmed it on Twitter.
WE_ARE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:28 PM   #537
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

@WSJSports: Ghana's Essien and Boateng out for game against the #USA http://t.co/2TlTqkqM4F
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:29 PM   #538
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Like I said, Twitter is your friend when it comes to this breaking news stuff.

Today is AWESOME for the US! Portugal collapses, suspensions and injuries for Portugal and Ghana missing 2 key players. Now we have to win.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:33 PM   #539
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

I have a client running late which is pushing my entire day back a couple of hours and I have to pick my son up from work in Duck at 6:30 and ALL I want to do is get my USA vs Ghana on....AAARRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Old 06-16-2014, 04:37 PM   #540
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

I came into work at 6 am today. I'm leaving at 2:30 pm (game is 3 pm PST). Doing what I got to do for the US's 2014 debut in the World Cup!