CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
NineInchSpurs
WeStill0wnUSC
Badazcock
Pty23
rabid cock
markymark550
Goofyboy
2000grad
Rebel4ever
GarnetBlack&Blue
Luginbill says ECU s (2298)
Well, as it turns ou (2249)
What the heck is up (1699)
Next years RB situat (1625)
ECU fan here (1299)
So, Vanderbilt is ne (1187)
Been a pleasure talk (1182)
Freaky Coincidence o (1003)
Davis dinged up agai (953)
Defensive stand-arou (810)
No Gurley near the goal l
What the heck is up with
Davis dinged up again?
Defensive stand-around pl
Name a Gamecock
Tired of night games
Well, as it turns out, we
Larenz Bryant update?
So, Vanderbilt is next
2015 - Roquan Smith

Old 06-15-2014, 10:05 PM   #581
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
conwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
Ah gotcha, I feel better now
Probably could have worded it better but I really didn't, and still don't, want to start calling names. Had nothing to do with the 2015 guys. Sorry I wasn't more clear.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:21 PM   #582
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Too soft.
thanks for the clarification on Veal.
some on here are still blaming our coaches for missing on him....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:26 PM   #583
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
Probably could have worded it better but I really didn't, and still don't, want to start calling names. Had nothing to do with the 2015 guys. Sorry I wasn't more clear.
I really hope there aren't a lot of grade issues with the 2015 guys. That seems to have almost wiped us out of the 2014 class particularly at positions of need. Just have to hope some of the 2014 guys eventually make it to campus.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:44 PM   #584
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

conwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPitconwaycock2 rules the CockPit

We certainly got hurt at DE with the 2014 class. How bad is still to be determined. The latest offer to me screams that one or more of the borderline guys probably doesn't make it in.

Getting Sawyer back in Jan would be huge. He is possibly the best player we signed in the entire class imo.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:51 PM   #585
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
We certainly got hurt at DE with the 2014 class. How bad is still to be determined. The latest offer to me screams that one or more of the borderline guys probably doesn't make it in.

Getting Sawyer back in Jan would be huge. He is possibly the best player we signed in the entire class imo.
No question about Sawyer. He'll come in and physically be ready to play as soon as he gets on campus. IMO, he may be the most important part of the 2015 class if he's able to get back here (and if you want to say he's a 2015 guy) other than a RB or two and maybe one-two more OT's. Combine Sawyer with Wideman (hopefully) and we'll be back on track.

Whitlow's offer list isn't too bad, while we're on the subject.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:56 AM   #586
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I don't think the Whitlow offer really assumes anything. He is a guy they have had on their radar and wanted to see in camp. Looks like a good player.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:01 AM   #587
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

As far as RB recruiting, it appears reading the tea leaves that Turner is ours to lose right now. The key will be finding a compliment to his running style. IMO, either USC is going to find a diamond in the rough somewhere or they are going to try to flip one of the committed backs (Scarlett/D. Williams/Conkrite).

I tell you a guy that I think would be perfect and that is Bradrick Shaw from Alabama but USC needs to get him to campus. Big bruiser.

Not sure if USC can get T. Williams or Frasier.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:26 AM   #588
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 596
jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
As far as RB recruiting, it appears reading the tea leaves that Turner is ours to lose right now. The key will be finding a compliment to his running style. IMO, either USC is going to find a diamond in the rough somewhere or they are going to try to flip one of the committed backs (Scarlett/D. Williams/Conkrite).

I tell you a guy that I think would be perfect and that is Bradrick Shaw from Alabama but USC needs to get him to campus. Big bruiser.

Not sure if USC can get T. Williams or Frasier.
C2, why the uncertainty about Ty'son?
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:51 AM   #589
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

The Whitlow situation will be interesting to follow. Auburn doesn't have any commitments at DE for the 2015 class & haven't offered a guy in their own backyard. They apparently got 4 DE's last year & must have guys higher on their board for the 2015 class.

Auburn is probably the wildcard here. Maybe they just have no interest, maybe they're slow playing the guy to see where they stand with other prospects, no idea. But if they come in, even late, I see this whole thing going into flux. Nature of the beast, especially with Alabama prospects. Very difficult, not impossible, to pull guys out of there with Alabama/Auburn offers. Just a guy I would never feel completely comfortable getting until he signed the papers & that's assuming he has legitimate interest in the first place.

Last edited by conwaycock2; 06-16-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:02 AM   #590
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

Pty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
C2, why the uncertainty about Ty'son?
Seems to me like he's dead set, at least as of now, on leaving the state. I personally don't think we're missing out all that much on him, but I wouldn't mind having him either.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:09 AM   #591
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 596
jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
Seems to me like he's dead set, at least as of now, on leaving the state. I personally don't think we're missing out all that much on him, but I wouldn't mind having him either.
I have a feeling things with Ty'son changed a little since Coach Crolley step aside, unfortunate for us.
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:49 PM   #592
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

Whitlow is set to announce today at 5:30 according to a poster on 24/7. I haven't been able to find that anywhere else but I don't have any reason to doubt what he posted. We'll see in a few hours what happens, if anything.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #593
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Whitlow is set to announce today at 5:30 according to a poster on 24/7. I haven't been able to find that anywhere else but I don't have any reason to doubt what he posted. We'll see in a few hours what happens, if anything.
Gamecockcentral.com tweeted the samething
Old 06-16-2014, 05:48 PM   #594
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

How is he announcing? Live stream, twitter?

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:12 PM   #595
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 5399400
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
How is he announcing? Live stream, twitter?
Idk, here's a link to his twitter though.
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:53 PM   #596
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

recruitniks: would you put any stock to the idea that having a South Carolina Gamecock selected #1 had much effect of the 2015 class to this point?

sorry for the poorly worded question but...I am GH
Old 06-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #597
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
recruitniks: would you put any stock to the idea that having a South Carolina Gamecock selected #1 had much effect of the 2015 class to this point?

Not a recruitnik, but I would say yes. We have Blackshear, Key, and potentially Marquevious Lewis. You know players have taken notice of Clowney and what he has done for us. They can aspire to be dominant like Clowney.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:10 PM   #598
conwaycock2
Two Deep

Male

For what it's worth Keith Niebuhr over on the Auburn site thinks USC is the team to beat for Lewis. The Big Spur guys feel the same.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:23 PM   #599
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Blackshear, Key, Lewis, and Whitlow would be a good class of DE's if we're able to hang on to all of them.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:03 PM   #600
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
I thought you looked familiar....