CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
ConwayGamecock
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
FanofCarolina1
b381l
TheUniversityofSC
JerseyBird
carolinacocky
CockyInTexas
Could Pharoh Run the (1365)
Mullen Pulls QB's Sc (1225)
Huge recruiting week (1136)
TV?? (1036)
Big George Statue (880)
ESPN's Mike Golic ke (737)
Fly_over tomorrow? (657)
No Shave November (550)
Awful Shooting Conti (548)
Scholarship Lounge B (518)
TV??
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Huge recruiting weekend
Na'ty Rogers
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa
River Bluff High School.
Womens Soccer NCAA Tourna
2014 Charleston Classic *
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Big George Statue

Old 06-16-2014, 11:20 PM   #1
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Second Year Stars: South Carolina

Didn't see this posted anywhere else.

Three things stand out to me.

1. David Williams has a chance to be pretty good.

2. Coach Spurrier is very high on Pharoh. I'm really hoping he explodes this year. He has a chance to be a big time player on offense.

3. Really surprised David Johnson was the defensive player mentioned over guys like Skai Moore and Kelsey Griffin.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...south-carolina
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:53 AM   #2
CockyInSeattle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPit
Default Re: Second Year Stars: South Carolina

Thanks for posting this. I have to agree with you, Johnson wasn't even on my radar.

I agree with the other two. The fact that Cooper averaged 10 yards every time he touch the ball is pretty amazing, especially considering he's a true freshman. I fully expect him to have a breakout year, and a productive career as a Gamecock.

I can't wait to see David Williams. His speed is amazing.
CockyInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:03 AM   #3
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

All of the mentioned players will have a great year as we win our 1st SEC Championship and National title.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:14 AM   #4
Sonofacock
Mothershouldibuilthedwall

Male

Sonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot materialSonofacock is USC mascot material

Skai Moore
Old 06-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #5
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

David williams is really going to open some eyes this year i believe. I'm pumped to see him start toting the rock hopefully the firat game this year
Old 06-17-2014, 04:25 PM   #6
JCock10
Walk On

Male

JCock10 has hatched from the shell

Not to be a Debbie but David Williams will be lucky to have over 200 yards rushing the entire year. He has got 3 ahead of him. Next year will be his time.
JCock10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:27 PM   #7
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 996351
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCock10 View Post
Not to be a Debbie but David Williams will be lucky to have over 200 yards rushing the entire year. He has got 3 ahead of him. Next year will be his time.
Haha, he will have more than that. Pretty sure by the time fall rolls around he will have passed up Shon Carson on the depth chart.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:01 PM   #8
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I actually agree with JCock .. I think at best they find a special package to put Williams on the field (sweep man in the Wildcat perhaps?) and a few sprint draws. Barring injury there is too many mouths to feed combined with the ball being put into the air a bunch.

I figured he would beat out Wilds earlier this year but I'm back tracking on that a bit. Brandon is just so damn reliable. I also assumed Shon was going to transfer out to play baseball but now that he is dedicated to football full time..

David Johnson might be a good pick but he has to find a way onto the field behind Dixon and English.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:13 PM   #9
JCock10
Walk On

Male

JCock10 has hatched from the shell

I know this is not a second year player but by going to the practices the last few years I always liked KJ Brent. With his size and being with the program as long as he has I will say he is one to watch out for.
JCock10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #10
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

I don't think KJ is going to be able to hold off Deebo Samuel.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #11
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

From what I've seen from Williams on film and in the spring game, I believe he will get onto the field and get carries in most games. I think there's a chance he gets 8 or more per game by the last third of the season. I'd imagine him starting as number 4 if Carson's shoulder is OK, but working up the chart by mid season. We may run the ball a lot this year, and Davis need not be worn down with the talent available. I think the coaches will protect him somewhat this year.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:00 PM   #12
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 960
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

We usually have 1-2 RBs hurt thruout the year so I'm sure Williams will see some carries as long as he's one of the healthy ones.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:20 PM   #13
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Williams will get his carries, I don't have any questions about that. That said, I'll be surprised if it's more than five or six a game. Ahead of him is a RB that's one of the best in the conference and a backup in Wilds that showed really impressive flashes last year when he was healthy.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:07 AM   #14
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Haha, he will have more than that. Pretty sure by the time fall rolls around he will have passed up Shon Carson on the depth chart.
Being able to hold onto the ball could make a difference in the depth chart. Any of these guys could move up or down depending on their propensity to fumble.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #15
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Being able to hold onto the ball could make a difference in the depth chart. Any of these guys could move up or down depending on their propensity to fumble.
And pass block. Very important attribute that doesn't happen without effort.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:18 PM   #16
Master Bedroom
Game MVP

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

I think/hope Cooper and Moore will be household names by the end of this season. I want to see Cooper become more of a complete receiver but there is no doubting his playmaking ability. David Johnson is my darkhorse pick...he looked really good running around in the spring game. I am anxious to see what he can do in live action.
Master Bedroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:20 PM   #17
CockFighter
yeah boy

Male

CockFighter has feathers coming inCockFighter has feathers coming inCockFighter has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Didn't see this posted anywhere else.

Three things stand out to me.

1. David Williams has a chance to be pretty good.

2. Coach Spurrier is very high on Pharoh. I'm really hoping he explodes this year. He has a chance to be a big time player on offense.

3. Really surprised David Johnson was the defensive player mentioned over guys like Skai Moore and Kelsey Griffin.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...south-carolina
David Williams is close in talent to Mike Davis. I have never been impressed with Wilds but he is a Senior so he might get more carries than Williams. Pharoh is an excellent talent and I would have also picked Moore over Johnson. I like the effort Johnson shows at practice but he reminds of of a more athletic Dixon.
CockFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:44 PM   #18
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

One thing concerns me most about Skai Moore. He didn't pick up any appreciable weight offseason, and he seems to lack stopping power. His tackling seems pretty sure, but mostly is grabbing and wrapping. I'm not sure of the hitting sometimes required of an OLB. Laying a lick in the gap can stop a 2-3 yard gain dead.
Wilds has some power and surprising straight-ahead speed. He always seemed awful at cutting and poor at taking good angles to finish a run (ala Lattimore). I think he's worked at elusiveness - I saw him make a good shake move in the spring game, and he's always looked pretty good with the short pass. He may be a good second power runner to avoid wearing Davis down. The SEC is a weekly grind.
David Johnson has always intrigued me - a tweener coming out of HS with ho hum measurables who always impressed those who saw him play as an athletic, tough playmaker. I'm with those guys wanting to see what he can do on the edge.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:54 PM   #19
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockFighter View Post
David Williams is close in talent to Mike Davis. I have never been impressed with Wilds but he is a Senior so he might get more carries than Williams. Pharoh is an excellent talent and I would have also picked Moore over Johnson. I like the effort Johnson shows at practice but he reminds of of a more athletic Dixon.
Wilds is actually a redshirt Junior this season
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote