CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
Badazcock
ReadR00ster
Gamecocks1137
Gamecockswag
Regalcock
cocksmith1or11
conwaycock2
kingofnerf
Simple "yes&quo (874)
ESPN Game Day Commen (819)
The Comeback & T (690)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (507)
Phil Steele just pre (476)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (469)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
TeMarcus Blanton (429)
Garcia: Change the R (326)
Wallpaper & Back (203)
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
2016 - Avery McCall
Phil Steele just predicte
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Garcia: Change the Rules
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
Simple "yes" or

Old 06-16-2014, 10:22 PM   #681
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cock13 View Post
Bradley and Beasley were both awful. Jones is one of my favorite players, he plays like a pit bull out there. Our back line terrifies me. We need to hang on to the ball though, hard to play good defense all game when you can't hang on to the dang ball
I thought Beasley was alright, but Bradley played like his lifelong girlfriend just dumped him for another dude right before the game.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:17 PM   #682
IBleedGarnetandBlack
never begs for rep.

Male

CockyCash: 75711388263
IBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot material

Group A
TeamPointsGDPWDLFA
Brazil32110031
Mexico31110010
Cameroon0-1100101
Croatia0-2100113

Group B
TeamPointsGDPWDLFA
Netherlands34110051
Chile32110031
Australia0-2100113
Spain0-4100115

Group C
TeamPointsGDPWDLFA
Colombia33110030
Ivory Coast31110021
Japan0-1100112
Greece0-3100103

Group D
TeamPointsGDPWDLFA
Costa Rica32110031
Italy31110021
England0-1100112
Uruguay0-2100113

Group E
TeamPointsGDPWDLFA
France33110030
Switzerland31110021
Ecuador0-1100112
Honduras0-3100103

Group F
TeamPointsGDPWDLFA
Argentina31110021
Iran10101000
Nigeria10101000
Bosnia-Herzegovina0-1100112

Group G
TeamPointsGDPWDLFA
Germany34110040
USA31110021
Ghana0-1100112
Portugal0-4100104

Group H
TeamPointsGDPWDLFA
Algeria00000000
Belgium00000000
Russia00000000
South Korea00000000
IBleedGarnetandBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:36 PM   #683
etowngangsta
Challenge accepted.

Male

CockyCash: 26065800
etowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot material

etowngangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:39 PM   #684
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Not the biggest soccer fan but I enjoy the World Cup. Great game today and awesome job getting the three points. Play well against Portugal and hopefully get three more.

USA!
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:41 PM   #685
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
That's the worst game I've seen Bradley play. Terrible. Hopefully that's a good thing and he got that out of his system.

Love Jones!
I don't think bradley played poorly. I think the decision to park the bus and compress into a defensive shell after scoring in the first minute isn't conducive to open passing through the mid-field.

Think about it. We brought everyone back to keep their speedy strikers from getting behind the back four, but when we make a stop there is no open space to pass out of. We are simply left with long clearances.

What was bradley supposed to do?

Hopefully we get back to an attack mentality. This strategy tonight reminded me of play under bob bradley and bruce arena.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:18 AM   #686
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

The outcome of this game was a thing of beauty.

NOW why the HELL wasn't half of Ghanjas team thrown out for how they were playing? They felt they were going to lose so their goal was to take out as many of us as possible so we would be weakened for our next 2 games.

I understand that we slowed down and thought we could just win 1-0 but that is never a safe bet and it almost cost us. But that second goal made me as happy as I have been about Soccer in years it was an epic way to get back at those guys for the last 2 world cups. We have concerns going forward with the injuries we saw tonight who will step up for those we have lost and exactly which ones have we lost for the rest of this years tournament?

But hell Yeah USA! as we always say WIN ANYWAY!
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:21 AM   #687
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

I think we may pay for not having Landon now that we've seen Josey go down and Clint has to play with a broken nose that won't be easy.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:26 AM   #688
COCKYWOOD
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 800
COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

USA !!!
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:49 AM   #689
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
If you want to debate that, go to the other soccer thread. Otherwise, leave it alone. Us who are only supporting the US team, not soccer as whole, are trying to be respectful of this thread and not make it a debate about how good or bad soccer is.
You're right. I get emotional after big games. I did this after football games at times and it would get me in trouble. I'm one of those who isn't crazy emotional but tend to express myself with words especially online. So I've backed off from doing this. Today, I experienced what I usually do after football games. So I said what I was feeling and should have not made the non soccer fan comments.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:54 AM   #690
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

I'm still drunk but I was in front of WIS chanting ole at the British Bulldog in Irmo haha

USA USA USA!!!!!

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:56 AM   #691
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
They had a team but they didn't do well in the last world cup. I kid I kid
North Korea tv showed a 0-6 mauling live. The manager got sent to a work camp as punishment, not kidding.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:57 AM   #692
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
I don't think bradley played poorly. I think the decision to park the bus and compress into a defensive shell after scoring in the first minute isn't conducive to open passing through the mid-field.

Think about it. We brought everyone back to keep their speedy strikers from getting behind the back four, but when we make a stop there is no open space to pass out of. We are simply left with long clearances.

What was bradley supposed to do?

Hopefully we get back to an attack mentality. This strategy tonight reminded me of play under bob bradley and bruce arena.
Bradley was awful.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:04 AM   #693
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Bradley was bad tonight. His touch was bad his pass was bad and his awareness was awful. We didn't collapse into a defensive shell, we weren't prepared and had no on field leader in Bradley. We were lucky Ghana was impatient and pressing bc that caused them to waste their chances with long shots or poor accuracy. This one could have been 4-1 Ghana W with a little less luck on our side.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:11 AM   #694
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Watched the game at Gringos in downtown Greenville, bout 300 people packed in to a pretty small area, it was blazing in that place, but can honestly say ive never had that much fun watching soccer!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:11 AM   #695
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Well as far as Michael Bradley goes was he sandbagging it? Because he did not look like himself at all. Maybe he was holding back some? We all know what he is capable of.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:13 AM   #696
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Another thought as nasty as Ghanja was playing do you think that affected our team as a whole because they weren't sure when the next punch to the face was coming because just like in our football those hits can give out mental sluggishness.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:14 AM   #697
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Does Beasley usually go so far forward? I understand maybe he was trying to make up for our lack of pressure on the opponents goal but he burned us several times by driving forward getting stopped then his side was wide open for a deep run by Ganja.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:15 AM   #698
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Watched the game at Gringos in downtown Greenville, bout 300 people packed in to a pretty small area, it was blazing in that place, but can honestly say ive never had that much fun watching soccer!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Hopefully many more times like that to come from our National team mate.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:38 AM   #699
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Win aside, I have a positive spin on a pretty bad showing from the US.

There were obviously some jitters coming into this game. Many say you don't want to peak in your first game (a la Netherlands). It's obvious we DID NOT peak in this game. We were awful. Worst game I've ever seen Bradley play. A number of guys didn't play well. Possession was awful.

Even with some guys injured, I feel we can regroup. US can improve A LOT. And I think Portugal's style is better for us than Ghana. Portugal is guaranteed to be missing 3 starters against us. If we can somehow pull out a win and Germany defeats or even draws against Ghana, US is guaranteed to get out of this group.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:58 AM   #700
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Due to Portugal's goal difference if we draw, and not dumpster fire against Germany we'd go through, if Germany beats Ghana.