CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
l^l^lBGCock
jrussjr
COCKYTALKIN
eightohhthree
Acockolypse Now
Lonnie
gamecockgal
A. Pilgrim
thekob
Acock's Wrap Up: Geo (2389)
Elliott Fry crushes (2320)
Tired of night games (1588)
The SEC East schedul (1130)
Cooper (1110)
20 of 31 former play (1050)
Coach Elliott pregam (914)
Been a pleasure talk (848)
What the heck is up (812)
Next years RB situat (698)
The SEC East schedule fro
Coach Elliott pregame.
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia
Luginbill says ECU should
Freaky Coincidence or Div
Defensive stand-around pl
Well, as it turns out, we
High Resolution Photos
Next years RB situation
ECU fan here

Old 06-16-2014, 09:58 AM   #21
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit
Default Re: G&C: The Spurrier Era: 10 best Gamecock performances

Yea this list is questionable.

Ingram should def be on that.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:57 AM   #22
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Garcia had a great game vs Bama, no doubt about it. But the bone head safety he took to start the 2nd half could have easily cost us the game. That, IMHO, makes Connor's performance vs Wisky a better game than the Garcia one....

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:13 PM   #23
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

My list (in no particular order; with so many, its hard to list the best):

1. Connor vs Mizz 13
2. Connor vs Wisconsin
3. Garcia vs Alabama
4. Lattimore vs Florida 10
5. Lattimore vs Georgia 10
6. Ingram vs Georgia 11
7. Dylan vs Clemson 12
8. Ace vs Michigan
9. Smelley vs Ole Miss 08
10. Connor vs Clemson 11
11. Norwood vs Kentucky 07
12. Alshlon vs Kentucky 09 (his coming out party), Nebraska, Clemson 11
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 01:16 PM   #24
Big-Cock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
That video of Lattimore running through and around UF's defense was an absolute thing of beauty. Still remember watching that game on my couch and being so excited I couldn't sleep that night.
I was at the game and it was the best game I have ever been to. After sitting in that stadium 2 years prior and getting trashed talked while uf romped all over us it was finally my time. When the gaytors scored that first kick off the gaytor fans were back at talking trash to me. I thought in my head "here we go again". After that all I heard was Marcus Lattimore across the PA over and over again. Lets just say I made up for the prior game with the amount of trash I was able to talk. The gaytor fans around me were cool and congratulated me after the game and I heard numerous "now go beat allbarn" comments.

Truly one of the best times to be a GAMECOCK!!
Big-Cock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:36 PM   #25
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 0
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Blake Mitchell vs Houston and Chris Smelley vs Ole Miss should be on there IMO

Man that game was a shootout
Old 06-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #26
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Man that game was a shootout
Damn it feels longer than 8 years. We've come so far
Old 06-16-2014, 09:04 PM   #27
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

I love that they used Cockytalk video footage for the Norwood clip.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:15 PM   #28
papasmurf
Starter

Male

2013 FOOTBALL PICKEM: 2013 FOOTBALL PICKEM - Given for: Winning 2013 Football Pickem 2010 Football Pickem: 2010 Football Pickem - Given for: 2010 Football Pickem 
CockyCash: 75000
papasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot materialpapasmurf is USC mascot material

Thanks for the memories, Coach!!!
Old 06-16-2014, 09:18 PM   #29
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4524
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Those were all special games, as were the others mentioned. Its been a really good time to be a Gamecock, especially the past four years. I know people say the best is yet to come, but Marcus Lattimore was special. And to be honest, just from watching his HS footage, I wasn't so sure he was any good. I could watch him run all day long. Its even fun to play NCAA football with him on the team.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:42 PM   #30
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post
That was awesome! Thanks for sharing!

I was watching the Garcia/Alabama game at the oceanfront bar at the beach with some of my Gamecock friends and we were all absolutely in shock that not only winning against Alabama, but stomping them!

Great review!

were you at my wedding? because that is exactly what we all did

cocksmith1or11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:45 PM   #31
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

CockyCash: 750
cocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot materialcocksmith1or11 is USC mascot material

Dylan vs. Clem5-0n is a good choice, but Clowney owned the game after half time.

Connor vs. Mizzou is the greatest thing I have ever seen. How could it not be #1?

Latt vs. UF is an easy 2nd if not a tie for first in my mind so I like that pic.

THE TEAM vs. Alabama. Not only did Garcia torch them, Latt ran over them, and our defense owned the line of scrimmage the entire game. Easy 3rd pic, but I would say it was the best win in our history as a program.

cocksmith1or11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:10 AM   #32
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
My list (in no particular order; with so many, its hard to list the best):

1. Connor vs Mizz 13
2. Connor vs Wisconsin
3. Garcia vs Alabama
4. Lattimore vs Florida 10
5. Lattimore vs Georgia 10
6. Ingram vs Georgia 11
7. Dylan vs Clemson 12
8. Ace vs Michigan
9. Smelley vs Ole Miss 08
10. Connor vs Clemson 11
11. Norwood vs Kentucky 07
12. Alshlon vs Kentucky 09 (his coming out party), Nebraska, Clemson 11

Some honorable mentions should be Blake's game against Houston, Rice's game versus UF in 2005, Blake's second half against Arky when he came in and almost won the game after we were down 20 in 2007 I believe, Ellington against Wisconsin (not sure we win if he doesn't catch that 4th down pass) and Alshon against Clempson in 2011 and Bama in 2010.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:41 AM   #33
TerryP
4-Star

Male

TerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
I looked it up. Only 14.

We have only seen 14 loses at Williams Brice since 2005. Let that sink in... wow.

2005: Alabama, Clemson
2006: Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee, Arkansas
2007: Vandy, Florida, Clemson
2008: Georgia, LSU
2009: Florida
2010: Arkansas
2011: Auburn
2012:
2013:
The "have's" and the "have-not's" in the SEC.

How difficult is it to play on the road in the SEC? There are four teams (UF, UGA, UA, and LSU) that have fewer losses at home in that same span.

Here's where it gets crazy.

Take Arkansas for example. When they've had four or more conference wins in a season they've only lost one home game over that same period of time.

Out of the 14 SEC teams (yes, A&M and Mizzou's record is quite a bit shorter) there are only two teams that haven't won four conference games in that stretch.

Teams with four SEC wins: only one has a losing record at home; A&M at 1-2. Ole Miss and Vandy are 2-2.

You get a team that's won four conference games and they're going to win their home games almost 83% of the time.

These 12 teams I've mentioned have only lost 31 of 177 games at home when they've been at least .500 in conference play.
TerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:45 AM   #34
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
Those were all special games, as were the others mentioned. Its been a really good time to be a Gamecock, especially the past four years. I know people say the best is yet to come, but Marcus Lattimore was special. And to be honest, just from watching his HS footage, I wasn't so sure he was any good. I could watch him run all day long. Its even fun to play NCAA football with him on the team.
It's a damn shame that he never played a full season at Carolina. Every year he had some type of injury
Old 06-17-2014, 10:07 AM   #35
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I could've sworn after the Ole Miss game that Chris Smelley was on his way to being big time. He was phenomenal that day. He even started out strong the following week against Kentucky until he lost it and was pulled for Garcia.
I was at the game at Ole Miss with a buddy of mine who is a Clemson fan. He just kept saying "who is your QB?" Dude was tearing it up...it was fun to watch live.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:22 AM   #36
Pit'em
Recruit

Male

Pit'em is learning to peckPit'em is learning to peck

S. Newton vs. Vandy! He was all over the field!
Pit'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:32 AM   #37
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I could've sworn after the Ole Miss game that Chris Smelley was on his way to being big time. He was phenomenal that day. He even started out strong the following week against Kentucky until he lost it and was pulled for Garcia.

Yeah, he could have been a real contributor imop. He had like two years of eligibility remaining when he bailed. Lots of guys stink it up until their junior or senior year. Had we not lost him early we may not have had those hiccups there for a couple of seasons.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:25 PM   #38
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Scared Mike Davis 2014 vs. TN will be added soon.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:51 PM   #39
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Scared Mike Davis 2014 vs. TN will be added soon.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:29 PM   #40
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalCock View Post
Yeah, he could have been a real contributor imop.
He had no real QB coach...unlike the one we have now.
G.A. was hired after Chris quit. If things would have continued as they were, almost certain our recent QB success would have been dramatically affected. I will always believe G.A. could have helped Chris Smelley. I also believe G.A. would have had noticeable impact on Blake Mitchell as well.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote