CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurrier_Superior_On
18IsTheMan
Order 66
catdaddy66
Clowneygotcha
gadeneer1986
GoldenSpur7
eatlighting
GH
TAFC 5 1981
Looking ahead to UGA (2698)
My Observations Abou (2573)
Kevin Sumlin Thought (1920)
Gurley lined up to t (1331)
Step back from the l (1295)
Who else wants to se (1272)
Kelcy and Victor Ham (941)
How far do we fall.. (906)
Shaq Roland (862)
Shon Carson at KR (790)
I Am Ashamed
ECU
UFC 177: TJ Dillishaw vs
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
Time to quit crying.
Recruiting Question
Plugging Holes W/Recruiti
Predict the Season (After
2015 Commitment - Michael
Confused fan here. Why i

Old 06-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #161
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material
Default Re: Thank you non-soccer fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka View Post
In my opinion, if Klisnmann doesn't make it out of the group, he should get fired.

Portugal will be missing their top defenders Pepe who got a red card and Coentrao with an injury Ronaldo has an injury and he is not 100%.

Klisnmann have to make it out of the group, that is what good coaches do.
klinsmann is guaranteed to coach through the next world cup
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:43 PM   #162
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quick question about renaldo, is his main strength set pieces or just any time a good scorer. Someone said something on the local radio but I don't trust random callers. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:47 PM   #163
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Ronaldo has on the ball "trickery" talents that few have. Really the only weakness in his game is that he will not defend.

He is excellent on free kicks, he has power, accuracy and he can make the ball dance under his feet.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:50 PM   #164
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Quick question about renaldo, is his main strength set pieces or just any time a good scorer. Someone said something on the local radio but I don't trust random callers. Thanks in advance.
he is a beast on free kicks. He is amazingly fast so he is great in counter attack. He is great in the air. His footwork is top notch. He can find the goal from any angle. His two weaknesses are he goes to the ground to easy. Flopping or justified. Second he tries to get to cute sometimes and tries tricks instead of the simple play.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:54 PM   #165
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Ronaldo has on the ball "trickery" talents that few have. Really the only weakness in his game is that he will not defend.

He is excellent on free kicks, he has power, accuracy and he can make the ball dance under his feet.
He isn't usually an active defender but that is not his game. He is a better defender than some give him credit for. (not you in particular). He is used on set pieces to mark opponents, in walls, and his shear speed allows him to get back on people. say as compared to Messi
Old 06-17-2014, 06:14 PM   #166
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

So basically the called who said he is just a excellent striker on free kicks was an idiot, which is what I thought. Thanks
Old 06-17-2014, 06:22 PM   #167
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

well...he IS but he isn't "just" lol. You heard from someone who only watches highlight reels.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:35 PM   #168
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:

And he dives, whines, yells at his teammates, is extremely arrogant, a prima donna, and one of the most selfish players on the planet.

But yeah, he's talented (I do mean that seriously. Guys has some of the best skills in the world on the ball).
Old 06-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #169
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Donovan isn't a sub for Altidore. Donovan is at best an attacking winger or attacking midfielder, but since he doesn't defend he's considered more of a forward
Gotcha. I was thinking he would play Dempsey's spot and Clint would move to Jose's but I don't even know if he can do that.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:54 PM   #170
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
Gotcha. I was thinking he would play Dempsey's spot and Clint would move to Jose's but I don't even know if he can do that.
I just love Donovan and want to see him play one more time for the US at the World Cup.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:27 PM   #171
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

CR7 is the man
Old 06-17-2014, 09:55 PM   #172
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

I am a casual fan of soccer, but I have been watching a good bit of the World Cup. I watch it on the Spanish Channel, because the commentator is fantastic.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:36 PM   #173
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

Quote:

the difference between him and Messi is dribbling, Ronaldo has great footwork but his dribbling is not as good as Messi, dribbling is the most dangerous skill in soccer, you master dribbling by playing streetball and futsal for the most part.

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:38 PM   #174
Kaka
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Kaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot materialKaka is USC mascot material

Oh yeah and Ronaldo has an injury so he wont be as good as everyone wants to see which is good for the US.

Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:51 PM   #175
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

I know this is going to upset soccer fans, but I'm so tired of hearing about the USA soccer ratings. The soccer game, which gets the entire nation uniformed when there was no other sports going on, got a lower rating than the average NFL football game. In other words, the NFL gets 12-16 games in a week all averaging higher ratings than one US soccer game in their version of playoffs.

I'm happy the US team won and that people cheered them on, but let's stop blowing it out of proportion.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:40 AM   #176
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

Quote:
I know this is going to upset soccer fans, but I'm so tired of hearing about the USA soccer ratings. The soccer game, which gets the entire nation uniformed when there was no other sports going on, got a lower rating than the average NFL football game. In other words, the NFL gets 12-16 games in a week all averaging higher ratings than one US soccer game in their version of playoffs.

I'm happy the US team won and that people cheered them on, but let's stop blowing it out of proportion.
The game got higher ratings when you put ESPN and univision together. You have to put them together since the nfl their is only 1 source. Also what about the viewing parties? Never seen 10s of thousands of people gather in one place to watch a game. That only counts as 1 tv in a TV rating. Yes it is not the nfl level consistently but for that 1 night it beat the average nfl tv rating. Now the Sunday night NBC game always average more and where higher
Old 06-18-2014, 06:59 AM   #177
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
The game got higher ratings when you put ESPN and univision together. You have to put them together since the nfl their is only 1 source. Also what about the viewing parties? Never seen 10s of thousands of people gather in one place to watch a game. That only counts as 1 tv in a TV rating. Yes it is not the nfl level consistently but for that 1 night it beat the average nfl tv rating. Now the Sunday night NBC game always average more and where higher
They take into account viewing parties. Do you not realize every Sunday of the football season there bars filled with people watching the games, not just sports specific bars like with soccer. Also even with Univision the numbers don't surpass the NFL regular season, let alone playoffs or Super Bowl. The NFL on a weekend does 12x better ratings. USA soccer benefits massively from being the national team and still is nowhere close in viewership. You can make excuses but the facts are that even as it's at it's highest ratings ever, it is still bottom tier.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:13 AM   #178
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

It depends on the city
Old 06-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #179
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

Quote:
They take into account viewing parties. Do you not realize every Sunday of the football season there bars filled with people watching the games, not just sports specific bars like with soccer. Also even with Univision the numbers don't surpass the NFL regular season, let alone playoffs or Super Bowl. The NFL on a weekend does 12x better ratings. USA soccer benefits massively from being the national team and still is nowhere close in viewership. You can make excuses but the facts are that even as it's at it's highest ratings ever, it is still bottom tier.
I'm not talking bars I'm ttalking30000 under Brooklyn Bridge viewing parties. Never seen that even for the superbowl. I do retract my earlier statements though the stats I originally saw were in NYC for average jets and giants ganes
Old 06-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #180
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
I'm not talking bars I'm ttalking30000 under Brooklyn Bridge viewing parties. Never seen that even for the superbowl. I do retract my earlier statements though the stats I originally saw were in NYC for average jets and giants ganes
DC had higher ratings for redskins games.
That's why he's saying that.

Wouldn't be shocked though if that game had higher ratings than irrelevant franchises.

I am shocked about the Jets-Giants stat, then again the city is split so if it was just one team in NY the ratings would be higher