CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Latti
The Yancey
kingofnerf
Gamecocks1137
usc1
FanofCarolina1
Travelin
Decommitment from Te (1381)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (961)
Cleveland Browns Hea (831)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Former Gamecock root (494)
Four USC Basketball (446)
Props to Eric Hyman. (354)
Need a dog kennel (343)
NCAAB: CLEMSON @ SOU (273)
Bowl packages (252)
Cleveland Browns Headshot
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
It's that time of year!
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
Decommitment from Texas A
Garcia and Clemsux Tom
Franks boy's are playing
Duck Bowl Depth Chart
My early Monday dinner .
looks like we have 2 OL r

Old 06-17-2014, 08:18 AM   #621
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

If Dexter Neal keeps talking to other schools i.e. UGA, I'd love to take Irvin Charles.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:47 AM   #622
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
Something I don't get is Sawyer's situation.

He is in junior college with another prospect we are recruiting correct?

So exactly how is he eligible for next year's class? I've seen him listed a number of times as someone we are recruiting for the upcoming signing class, but how does that work? Doesn't he need to finish junior college first?
The SEC JUCO transfer rule states that a JUCO player must be at the JUCO for 3 consecutive semesters (not including summer classes.) Sawyer graduated HS early and enrolled in the JUCO this past Spring. So after the '15 Spring semester (and given that he'll pass his classes and get the necessary GPA) he'll be able to enroll at SC in either Maymester or Summer I.

A lot of JUCO's graduate in December and then transfer to their D1 school in January. Sawyer can't do that b/c of the 3 semester rule.

I think the recruiting sites have said they won't put him on this year's Commit list until he proves he's on track to get here next summer. We'll know a lot more after the fall semester. If his grades look good then and he's on track to be eligible after the '15 Spring semester, I would expect the sites to add him to the commit list then.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:55 AM   #623
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

This was from a free article I found about DJ Neal. He did well at a 7v7 camp at uglay this weekend. They haven't offered yet though.

Neal was solid all morning and afternoon Friday in Athens. The South Carolina commit is a physical wide receiver and he showed he can catch the ball in traffic Friday. He took balls away from defenders and he went up to get the ball when needed. He made key plays for the championship team.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:59 AM   #624
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 600000
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetArmy07 View Post
If Dexter Neal keeps talking to other schools i.e. UGA, I'd love to take Irvin Charles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
This was from a free article I found about DJ Neal. He did well at a 7v7 camp at uglay this weekend. They haven't offered yet though.

Neal was solid all morning and afternoon Friday in Athens. The South Carolina commit is a physical wide receiver and he showed he can catch the ball in traffic Friday. He took balls away from defenders and he went up to get the ball when needed. He made key plays for the championship team.
By no means do we allow a "trade" of Dexter for Irvin; moreover, we should try to get(keep?) both!
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #625
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
By no means do we allow a "trade" of Dexter for Irvin; moreover, we should try to get(keep?) both!
I never said we should "trade". My statement was based off the fact UGA is somewhat courting him and he's reciprocating. Charles isn't a guaranteed take at the moment, which I'm somewhat shocked with him being a "big" receiver, and that's what Bubba wants in this class. He needs a couple of trees.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:02 AM   #626
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Trees that can run. I believe Bubba is quoted saying that they don't want a tall guy that can't move.

Product of having success with the Florida-type receivers recently, IMO.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:21 AM   #627
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 600000
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetArmy07 View Post
I never said we should "trade". My statement was based off the fact UGA is somewhat courting him and he's reciprocating. Charles isn't a guaranteed take at the moment, which I'm somewhat shocked with him being a "big" receiver, and that's what Bubba wants in this class. He needs a couple of trees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Trees that can run. I believe Bubba is quoted saying that they don't want a tall guy that can't move.

Product of having success with the Florida-type receivers recently, IMO.
My apologies for insinuating that you suggested a "trade".

Have we looked at Devante Peete from St. Thomas Aquinas? Curious as I think we are having some success with that school.

Last edited by jrussjr; 06-17-2014 at 10:57 AM.
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #628
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
The SEC JUCO transfer rule states that a JUCO player must be at the JUCO for 3 consecutive semesters (not including summer classes.) Sawyer graduated HS early and enrolled in the JUCO this past Spring. So after the '15 Spring semester (and given that he'll pass his classes and get the necessary GPA) he'll be able to enroll at SC in either Maymester or Summer I.

A lot of JUCO's graduate in December and then transfer to their D1 school in January. Sawyer can't do that b/c of the 3 semester rule.
In this case I don't think it matters too much. The only thing he'll really miss is spring ball and S&C in the spring semester. He'd still be there for Fall '15 (and the season).

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:05 PM   #629
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Even if we hang on to the four receivers we have, I hope Charles is a part of the class because of the offensive turnover that's going to happen next season. I think the three we got in 2014 combined with what we currently have for 2015 is a great group, but the depth is probably needed. Jones and Byrd are gone, with a big year Roland could be gone, and Jeffery and Brent seem talented but are unknowns. Plus, if he can move, Charles as a big receiver would add a great balance.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:29 PM   #630
boness
4-Star

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by conwaycock2 View Post
We certainly got hurt at DE with the 2014 class. How bad is still to be determined. The latest offer to me screams that one or more of the borderline guys probably doesn't make it in.

Getting Sawyer back in Jan would be huge. He is possibly the best player we signed in the entire class imo.
i ws thinking a juco had to spend 3 semesters before transfering to D1 thus the reason he began in the spring. If true this allows him to complete his 3 by fall 15 but not ee. Can someone pls confirm or explain? thanks

Last edited by boness; 06-17-2014 at 05:30 PM. Reason: sorry see answer thanks
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:57 PM   #631
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

I am so ****ing sick of UNC.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:02 PM   #632
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

They are putting together a pretty good class. Fedora getting it done this cycle.

Sucks that we could never get things moving forward with McGirt.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #633
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
They are putting together a pretty good class. Fedora getting it done this cycle.

Sucks that we could never get things moving forward with McGirt.
Pretty jealous of their OL class. Three of their commits there were guys we thought we had a good shot with.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #634
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Pretty jealous of their OL class. Three of their commits there were guys we thought we had a good shot with.
Mcgirt was the only one we truly went after hard

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:59 PM   #635
conwaycock2
Starter

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by boness View Post
i ws thinking a juco had to spend 3 semesters before transfering to D1 thus the reason he began in the spring. If true this allows him to complete his 3 by fall 15 but not ee. Can someone pls confirm or explain? thanks
That was on me. He'll be here after the spring semester if all goes well. He's hopefully completed one semester with two to go.
conwaycock2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:53 PM   #636
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
That is a ton of Defensive Ends I would like to see 3 running backs this class. Or 2 great ones.
I'd like to see 2 RB, I just don't know who the second one will be, if any. I think we're in pretty good shape with DT plus a couple of these DE could grow into DT. But that's not the case with DE....I think that's why the coaches are going after more DE this class.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:03 AM   #637
b381l
Banned

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Our OL and overall class will be much better than UNC's this year. TM said Veal wasn't tough enough (so did USCBASEBALL1), Hatton would be a commit of ours now if we didn't get Milton, McGirt is the best of the 3.

Last edited by b381l; 06-18-2014 at 12:18 AM.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:07 AM   #638
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I'd like to see 2 RB, I just don't know who the second one will be, if any. I think we're in pretty good shape with DT plus a couple of these DE could grow into DT. But that's not the case with DE....I think that's why the coaches are going after more DE this class.
Need to get Scarlett on campus and see what happens there. If that can happen we may have a chance. As far as DE/DT goes, I think the three DE's we have committed now are all DE's long-term, although Whitlow may be a DE/OLB tweener type. Jones is a need at DT, that's a big time talent. Lewis is listed at 270 pounds by most services, so maybe he can grow into a DT. If not, fine. He'll add depth to the DE position if he stays there. McClain will probably grow in to a DT. Wideman may also.

I do think we need one more DE in this class, and hopefully it's Lewis.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:26 AM   #639
b381l
Banned

Male

Quote:
Need to get Scarlett on campus and see what happens there. If that can happen we may have a chance. As far as DE/DT goes, I think the three DE's we have committed now are all DE's long-term, although Whitlow may be a DE/OLB tweener type. Jones is a need at DT, that's a big time talent. Lewis is listed at 270 pounds by most services, so maybe he can grow into a DT. If not, fine. He'll add depth to the DE position if he stays there. McClain will probably grow in to a DT. Wideman may also.

Here's are current DT group of seven....so we're in pretty good shape here.

Surratt SR
Dukes JR
Dixon JR
Green SO
Griffin SO
Lamin SO
Stallworth RS FR

Plus there are a couple more that could get moved to DT.....we currently have 10 DE including the 2014 class.....although that includes both Thomas and Wideman that probably aren't going to qualify.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:29 AM   #640
b381l
Banned

Male

Quote:

I've got 6 DE listed......Whitlow could be moved to LB and nobody knows for sure what will happen with Sawyer and Wideman.