CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
johnnyb
taylorssc
Lonnie
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
GarnetSwarm1990
QCB
gadeneer1986
So Disappointed With (2495)
Rank the QBs under S (1741)
Back like cooked cra (1368)
Who start on the d l (700)
No Comments on the H (695)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (222)
Gameday parking in A (157)
Vote For Cocky (108)
Why I think we beat Aubur
Rank the QBs under Spurri
So Disappointed With The
Texas athletic director:
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Tennessee game
Back like cooked crack
No Comments on the Holes?
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa

Old 06-12-2014, 10:36 PM   #41
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Signee James Thompson arrested...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
Good grief. You people don't even know the details of what happened, but some of you are sure he is guilty. Does he have a history of doing illegal things? I don't know. I doubt it. I don't think Frank would have recruited him if he thought he was a bad kid.

I hope the charges are dropped, he comes to USC, has a great career, gets a degree, and goes on to have a good life. I'm certainly not willing to dismiss him at this point. If Frank thinks he should not be on the team, then fine. But until then, I'm hoping he comes to USC.
Quote:
aggravated battery and domestic abuse by battery
Seriously you want to talk about "details"?? That's all we need to know right there.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:48 PM   #42
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
thumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
Seriously you want to talk about "details"?? That's all we need to know right there.
You are assuming the charges mean he is guilty. People often are charged with things they did not do. It happened to two people I know personally. Charges don't mean guilt. On the other hand, he could be guilty. I don't know the details of what happened. And I doubt any Gamecock fan does.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:53 AM   #43
Pty23
Blue Chip

Male

Pty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPitPty23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
You are assuming the charges mean he is guilty. People often are charged with things they did not do. It happened to two people I know personally. Charges don't mean guilt. On the other hand, he could be guilty. I don't know the details of what happened. And I doubt any Gamecock fan does.
All the posts I'm reading say "if he's found guilty" or "if this is true". Chill with the self-righteousness.
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:01 PM   #44
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 20459
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
All the posts I'm reading say "if he's found guilty" or "if this is true". Chill with the self-righteousness.
Could not agree more!! Points!!
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:11 PM   #45
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

I bet Frank Martin punched his wife when he heard about this. Just a joke.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:58 PM   #46
thumpin big
Two Deep

Male

thumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his combthumpin big is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
You're not reading all the posts. As for your last sentence, kiss my ass.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #47
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
It wouldn't be in the news if he was playing PS4 would it?
Old 06-13-2014, 07:45 PM   #48
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

No place here for that mess.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:34 PM   #49
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
You're not reading all the posts. As for your last sentence, kiss my ass.
He is correct, they all either say that or are agreeing with a quoted post that says that, read them again! We do need the whole story before passing judgment but it does not look good....
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:00 PM   #50
bhusc2002
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

bhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to bhusc2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
He is correct, they all either say that or are agreeing with a quoted post that says that, read them again! We do need the whole story before passing judgment but it does not look good....
Really? ALL of them? Post #41, top of this page.
bhusc2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:54 PM   #51
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Recruiting is like an arranged courtship...the daddy is the coach, the girl is the program and the recruit is the guy. The daddy says, "I like this kid. He might be good for my daughter. Are you interested in taking her out?" The recruit says, "Let me think about it" and then either decides that he would like to court her or not.

With all that said, here is something for all you saying we need to hear the WHOLE story before we decide anything....

If a guy was interested in courting your daughter and a story like this was posted in the paper, would you allow her to date him?

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:20 AM   #52
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Recruiting is like an arranged courtship...the daddy is the coach, the girl is the program and the recruit is the guy. The daddy says, "I like this kid. He might be good for my daughter. Are you interested in taking her out?" The recruit says, "Let me think about it" and then either decides that he would like to court her or not.

With all that said, here is something for all you saying we need to hear the WHOLE story before we decide anything....

If a guy was interested in courting your daughter and a story like this was posted in the paper, would you allow her to date him?
I think we all know the dads here would say "hell no." Whether or not he did it remains to be seen, but if your in an instance like that, you either hang out with the wrong people or you put yourself in bad situations. WE need smart guys on this team. Not ones who put themselves in that kind of situation to start with.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #53
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
I think we all know the dads here would say "hell no." Whether or not he did it remains to be seen, but if your in an instance like that, you either hang out with the wrong people or you put yourself in bad situations. WE need smart guys on this team. Not ones who put themselves in that kind of situation to start with.
Usually you are right, especially in cases where there is real evidence that a man hits a woman. Sheldon Williams of Duke was in a hotel room with 2 teammates and a girl who was taken advantage of the summer before he enrolled at Duke. It turned out he did not participate, but he didn't take action. It was a huge red flag though, and coach K almost pulled his offer, but after talking to him and his family, decided it was just a terrible decision due in part to peer pressure. He went on to set the ACC record in blocks and almost rebounds while being a model student. He is married to Candace Parker now and played NBA ball for a long time. Point is, sometimes kids grow up. Hopefully Thompson is ashamed of what he has done, and looks.in the mirror and takes responsibility for his actions and grows the f up.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:31 AM   #54
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Got to wait to find out what really happened. He denied hitting her. The truth will come out eventually.
Exactly.
Doesn't sound good, but he has to be proven guilty before the staff can render if he can be in school here or not.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:33 AM   #55
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Good grief. You people don't even know the details of what happened, but some of you are sure he is guilty. Does he have a history of doing illegal things? I don't know. I doubt it. I don't think Frank would have recruited him if he thought he was a bad kid.

I hope the charges are dropped, he comes to USC, has a great career, gets a degree, and goes on to have a good life. I'm certainly not willing to dismiss him at this point. If Frank thinks he should not be on the team, then fine. But until then, I'm hoping he comes to USC.
I don't think people are judging him.
Many have said if the charges come up true, he has no business being on this basketball team.

But if the charges are unfounded and false, then by all means, let Thompson be on this team.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:57 PM   #56
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhusc2002 View Post
Really? ALL of them? Post #41, top of this page.
Really, it was in response to the post we are talking about, post 40 genius!

qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:21 PM   #57
bhusc2002
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

bhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to bhusc2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
Really, it was in response to the post we are talking about, post 40 genius!

Yet, the first response to said post was post #43, which was 2 posts and over an hour after the post I referenced. Plenty of time for him to have read it. Since he said "all the posts I'm reading," I assumed he had time to read post #41. Unless he is/you are one of those people that see a comment and immediately respond without reading anything after it in the thread.
bhusc2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:49 PM   #58
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Update on Thompson's trial:

https://southcarolina.rivals.com/con....lmyAbxtA.dpbs

The trial date has been pushed back to Aug. 6. The family of the victim has stated they don't intend to drop the charges. Not looking good for Thompson to make it to campus...
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:11 PM   #59
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

He's guilty until proven innocent when it comes to wearing garnet and black. Hope it turn out that he is innocent.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:39 PM   #60
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Update on Thompson's trial:

https://southcarolina.rivals.com/con....lmyAbxtA.dpbs

The trial date has been pushed back to Aug. 6. The family of the victim has stated they don't intend to drop the charges. Not looking good for Thompson to make it to campus...
Such an unfortunate situation.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote