CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
The Yancey
IBleedGarnetandBlack
Spurticus
ZenUSC
ReadR00ster
cack
peterlemon
Cockypantherfan
StormOfTalons
Nick Chubb (6385)
A&M on 3rd down (1577)
All of our defensive (1173)
louisville (975)
Spurrier Presser (858)
Uniform thread (777)
Cack's Toast of the (735)
Spurrier: Davis Will (600)
Rankings (573)
Watching the Georgia (558)
Not a talent issue
Spurrier Presser
East Carolina Prediction
Uniform thread
Defensive Backfield
2015 - Amonte Caban
Rankings
3-4 "D" Keep it
All of our defensive play
Brison Williams Out..

Old 06-18-2014, 09:10 PM   #681
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: Discussion: 2015 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
No way I would bet on this.
it's almost like both of you are hoping this will happen trying to prove a point which isn't relevant....I don't get it....you two are nuts....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:13 PM   #682
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
I warned y'all not to count your chickens when it came to the JUCO's.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:14 PM   #683
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
it's almost like both of you are hoping this will happen trying to prove a point which isn't relevant....I don't get it....you two are nuts....
Clearly you didn't read my post where I said I hope they come here and contribute in a big way.

Not that I'm surprised.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:25 PM   #684
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Clearly you didn't read my post where I said I hope they come here and contribute in a big way.

Not that I'm surprised.
look, we're all frustrated with the guys that may or may not make it in......but there's no sense complaining about it.....it's just the nature of the business.....the coaches are busting their asses trying to get the best players they can....there will always be misses and disappointments......just have to learn to live with it....but we're sitting on a really good 2015 class so far.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:26 PM   #685
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
CHS makes good points. I have to agree with him.
when I saw this, I stopped paying attention.....
Old 06-18-2014, 09:28 PM   #686
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 600
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
I warned y'all not to count your chickens when it came to the JUCO's.
Should we just take the problem children of other programs like Auburn does? I'll hang up and listen
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:33 PM   #687
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
look, we're all frustrated with the guys that may or may not make it in......but there's no sense complaining about it.....it's just the nature of the business.....the coaches are busting their asses trying to get the best players they can....there will always be misses and disappointments......just have to learn to live with it....but we're sitting on a really good 2015 class so far.
The frustration stems from us not having good luck historically with JUCO players ever making it here combined with the fact that we have no depth at DE this year. Sawyer, Thomas, and Wideman may not have necessarily been All-SEC, but they could have contributed at helped out. Now, it's pretty much accepted that Thomas will never play here, and I'll be surprised if we see both Wideman and Sawyer ever play here.

As far as CHS posts go, I agree with him because I question the strategy as well. If we didn't need DE help this year, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Unfortunately we do need help, and unfortunately they probably won't be here.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:48 PM   #688
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
The frustration stems from us not having good luck historically with JUCO players ever making it here combined with the fact that we have no depth at DE this year. Sawyer, Thomas, and Wideman may not have necessarily been All-SEC, but they could have contributed at helped out. Now, it's pretty much accepted that Thomas will never play here, and I'll be surprised if we see both Wideman and Sawyer ever play here.

As far as CHS posts go, I agree with him because I question the strategy as well. If we didn't need DE help this year, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Unfortunately we do need help, and unfortunately they probably won't be here.
you mean like Lamin.....there was no strategy....you try to get the best players you can and hope they make it in.
Here are our current DE:
Harris Jr
Cooper Jr
Dixon So
English So
Turner FR
Washington Fr
Johnson Fr
McClain Rs Fr

Plus there are a couple of other players that may get moved. So you think none of these guys can play at a SEC level. You had to know this year was going to be a drop from Clowney and Sutton......nothing was going to change that......same thing happened last year at LB.....how did that work out.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #689
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
you mean like Lamin.....there was no strategy....you try to get the best players you can and hope they make it in.
Here are our current DE:
Harris Jr
Cooper Jr
Dixon So
English So
Turner FR
Washington Fr
Johnson Fr
McClain Rs Fr

Plus there are a couple of other players that may get moved. So you think none of these guys can play at a SEC level. You had to know this year was going to be a drop from Clowney and Sutton......nothing was going to change that......same thing happened last year at LB.....how did that work out.
There are question marks all around that group of DEs. Who is going to rush the passer? Who is going to set the edge on run plays? I'm sorry, but that group of DEs worries me.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:03 PM   #690
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
CHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his claws

Quote:
that could be, but that's not what I'm arguing.....you're missing the point.....how could we know if either will make it in......answer, you can't.....the coaches will continue to recruit kids they think, based on information they have, will make it in.......some will, some won't.....as I said before, I'd rather have either or both these guys a year late than never....
Translation: everything our coaches do is correct, even if it isn't, and IF it isn't, it's just b/c they couldn't have known.

What an awful, awful attitude to have. Jesus.
CHSgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:07 PM   #691
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

CHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his clawsCHSgc is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Harris Jr
Cooper Jr
Dixon So
English So
Turner FR
Washington Fr
Johnson Fr
McClain Rs Fr
Also, this is not the most talented crop of DEs. Lot of converted LBs who've never played a snap at DE, another guy w/ an injury history, couple of guys w/o the size to play regularly, tons of inexperience throughout, and no one w/ elite athletic ability that jumps out at you as someone capable of making a huge leap next year (not saying someone won't, but there's no obvious candidate). There was a reason we needed either guys who could contribute this year or some JUCOs so desperately.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:11 PM   #692
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
There are question marks all around that group of DEs. Who is going to rush the passer? Who is going to set the edge on run plays? I'm sorry, but that group of DEs worries me.
the coaches are worried too, which is why they are talking about using a modified 3-4 this year, to get to the QB......there will always be question marks, there's no such thing as a certainty in college football......it makes for good bar discussion.....my suggestion to you is drink, early and often.....
Old 06-18-2014, 10:13 PM   #693
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
the coaches are worried too, which is why they are talking about using a modified 3-4 this year, to get to the QB......there will always be question marks, there's no such thing as a certainty in college football......it makes for good bar discussion.....my suggestion to you is drink, early and often.....
With the defense we're going to be running out there this year (particularly at DE) I'm probably going to do heavy drinking to forget the defensive nightmare that could possibly occur.

There's really no excuse to be in this situation.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:15 PM   #694
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHSgc View Post
Translation: everything our coaches do is correct, even if it isn't, and IF it isn't, it's just b/c they couldn't have known.

What an awful, awful attitude to have. Jesus.
this is not true at all......the coaches make mistakes, their human......but I truly believe they are doing the best they can.....you seen their record lately.....if you know others that can do better, please let us know who they are.....in the meantime, stop whining, it's getting old and very tiring. perhaps if you go to a sporting goods store and buy a real football, that might make you feel better.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:19 PM   #695
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Also, this is not the most talented crop of DEs. Lot of converted LBs who've never played a snap at DE, another guy w/ an injury history, couple of guys w/o the size to play regularly, tons of inexperience throughout, and no one w/ elite athletic ability that jumps out at you as someone capable of making a huge leap next year (not saying someone won't, but there's no obvious candidate). There was a reason we needed either guys who could contribute this year or some JUCOs so desperately.
so they aren't talented......according to you....please give us your resume regarding football coaching and/or recruiting......I hope you don't have tickets because I sure as hell wouldn't want to sit next to a whiner like you......especially someone that knows as little as you do about football....you don't like the coaches, you don't like they players.....how do you feel about the maintenance folks....is the grass about the right height.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:46 PM   #696
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

Quote:
so they aren't talented......according to you....please give us your resume regarding football coaching and/or recruiting......I hope you don't have tickets because I sure as hell wouldn't want to sit next to a whiner like you......especially someone that knows as little as you do about football....you don't like the coaches, you don't like they players.....how do you feel about the maintenance folks....is the grass about the right height.
How soft are you? You think we shouldn't criticize our staff? That they don't make mistakes? In case you don't remember, Spurrier promised us an SEC title, and until that happens there is still work to be done. Still ways to improve. Pointing that out as a fan isn't heresy. Only on USC's version of Tigernet here would anyone get bent out of shape when trying to have a real discussion instead of just fellating every member of our coaching staff regardless of their decision making. The goal was to get some DE help and that goal wasn't met, and my prediction is it's gonna manifest itself in some less than spectacular DE play this year. Whatever strategy we had didn't work, and I hope the staff is more sensitive to grade concerns going forward. I don't need a D1 coaching resume to offer my own opinions, dummy.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:48 PM   #697
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
How soft are you? You think we shouldn't criticize our staff? That they don't make mistakes? In case you don't remember, Spurrier promised us an SEC title, and until that happens there is still work to be done. Still ways to improve. Pointing that out as a fan isn't heresy. Only on USC's version of Tigernet here would anyone get bent out of shape when trying to have a real discussion instead of just fellating every member of our coaching staff regardless of their decision making. The goal was to get some DE help and that goal wasn't met, and my prediction is it's gonna manifest itself in some less than spectacular DE play this year. Whatever strategy we had didn't work, and I hope the staff is more sensitive to grade concerns going forward. I don't need a D1 coaching resume to offer my own opinions, dummy.
Completely agree.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:01 PM   #698
carolinamyke
Recruit

Male

carolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his combcarolinamyke is developing his comb

Quote:
Completely agree.
LOL. Two whiners. With one following the other. Getting comical.
carolinamyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:02 PM   #699
Cocked & Locked
Recruit

Male

Cocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talonsCocked & Locked has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Loving It ^^^^

Recruiting is exactly like going to Vegas with your life savings!!!!

I just love reading these posts from people that have zero knowledge of the game of football besides what they read from idiots and they "think" they know all about the game without ever leaving their living room. It's so easy to sit in your recliner and analyze what a coach or player should have or could have done.
Cocked & Locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:04 PM   #700
CHSgc
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocked & Locked View Post
I just love reading these posts from people that have zero knowledge of the game of football besides what they read from idiots and they "think" they know all about the game without ever leaving their living room. It's so easy to sit in your recliner and analyze what a coach or player should have or could have done.
Ah yes, when you can't engage an argument on its merits, just try to discredit your opponent. Excellent tactic.

As if I needed to be a football coach to offer my own opinion on a message board that ostensibly exists for us to... offer our own opinions.