CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Latti
Gamecocks1137
usc1
kingofnerf
FanofCarolina1
carcosa
robgusc76
**USC vs. Clemson GA (5234)
looks like we have 2 (1941)
Decommitment from Te (898)
Beat Miami (783)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (607)
Cleveland Browns Hea (604)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (588)
Frank Martin's Game (585)
Garcia and Clemsux T (575)
Need a dog kennel (219)
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
The Vent and Coaching cha
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
How Long Will The Rebuild
2015 - Mark Fields
Previewing Clemson
Duck Bowl Depth Chart
Four USC Basketball Games
So, why is next year goin
looks like we have 2 OL r

Old 06-19-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material
Default Going to Orlando

Hey guys,

I am originally from Orlando, and am taking my son down there, he is 5, to see his Grandma before she passes. She probably wont make it through the summer unfortunately. Anyway, not why I am typing this.

Thing is, I haven't been to Orlando in almost 30 years. I am gonna let my son spend a lot of time with my Mom, but I also want to take him to some Theme Parks while we are there.

I was thinking Disney World, Sea World and Lego Land. I don't really want to do Disney, its over priced, and very aged, but, I do want to take him there at least once in his life. Anyway, what are your thoughts, are those 3 good places to go? Its just going to be him and me.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:45 AM   #2
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material
Default Re: Going to Orlando

::waits for the anti-Sea World Blackfish fanatics to attack::

I actually haven't been to Sea World in a good many years, so I can't comment on that. But I disagree that Disney is aged. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Definitely do Magic Kingdom to get the full "Disney" experience. I think 5 is a perfect age for his first visit. You got me on the overpriced, though. That's a given.

I would also recommend Islands of Adventure at Universal. But again, $$$
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:15 PM   #3
Todescock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Todescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervousTodescock is making other chickens nervous

I would choose either universal or Disney, when you start adding multiple days to your ticket the prices drop a decent amount on a per day bases, if you try to go to all 3 parks you're pretty much talking 300$ per person for one day in each park. Legoland is a 30+ minute drive from the rest of the parks, I've never been there and all I really know about it is kids get to drive around golf cart like things. I recommend getting away from the theme parks, we have tons of lakes and springs around that are really enjoyable to relax at or go canoeing/paddle boarding
Todescock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:25 PM   #4
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I was very anti-Disney until I went with my kids. I've been back 3 times since. Get the park hopper and plan to do at least two days.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:45 PM   #5
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Every person I have talked to has been disappointed with LegoLand. Most have said it wouldn't be worth it, even if the admission was half what they charge.

I also don't support Sea World, so I wouldn't go there.

I'd do Disney...is he in to Harry Potter?

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:15 PM   #6
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

The new Magic Kingdom at Disney and Legoland would be my choices. Universal is more geared to older kids and adults.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:33 PM   #7
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPhilson View Post
Hey guys,

I am originally from Orlando, and am taking my son down there, he is 5, to see his Grandma before she passes. She probably wont make it through the summer unfortunately. Anyway, not why I am typing this.

Thing is, I haven't been to Orlando in almost 30 years. I am gonna let my son spend a lot of time with my Mom, but I also want to take him to some Theme Parks while we are there.

I was thinking Disney World, Sea World and Lego Land. I don't really want to do Disney, its over priced, and very aged, but, I do want to take him there at least once in his life. Anyway, what are your thoughts, are those 3 good places to go? Its just going to be him and me.
The Fantasyland Expansion in the Magic Kingdom is awesome. We're going down in about 3 weeks and hope to hit the new 7 dwarfs mine train that just opened. Sea World is great if your kids love animals. My son really enjoys it.

It is true that Disney is the most expensive, but it is also the standard bearer for all theme parks. They just keep getting better. Btw, Universal is only a few bucks cheaper than DIsney.

Never been to Legoland but I haven't read glowing reviews about it either. It can be done in a half day from what I understand.

If you PM me, I can give you some detailed options for your trip

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:16 PM   #8
Big-Cock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material

Wild Waters is pretty awesome and not to expensive! They got some bad ass adult slides also.
Big-Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:18 PM   #9
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Maybe we can meet up while you are down. Just shoot me a PM.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:41 PM   #10
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
ipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot material

Columbia's Mayor Steve Benjamin can tell you some good gentlemen's clubs to hit up in Orlando...

http://www.thestate.com/2014/06/18/3...-sc-state.html

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:44 PM   #11
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Cheeseburger in Paradise
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #12
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

We went to Legoland 2 years ago on a school field trip with 4-6 graders, and it wasn't anything great. We went to Universal and IOA the day before and had a great time. Legoland is something that takes a few hours to do everything there. I don't know how much tickets are to get in, but I would have thought it was highly overpriced at more than about $45 a person. 4 roller coasters, a few other rides, my favorite non coaster there was a ride through laser shooting game.

I would say Universal and IOA and get the park hop ticket or two day pass. So much to do there, and plenty of indoor spots if it gets to hot. Plus they have stuff for kids and parents.

We did Busch Gardens on the trip this year and it was ok, but we had to rush the entire time thanks to our bus drivers getting lost. I tried to help them since I have made several trips down to Orlando/Tampa the last few years, but they wouldn't listen. Ended up getting there 2 hours later than we should have.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:49 PM   #13
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPhilson View Post
Hey guys,

Disney World... I really love the place, and so do the kids...

Sea World... Went there last year, I like it okay, but not overly impressed.

Lego Land. I have been to the one in Carlsbad, CA... Thought it was very overrated...other than the cities( made of Legos), there really wasn't much to it... A couple of nice rides, but not worth the $$$

I loved Discovery Cove... You get to swim and interact with all types of fish, Stingrays, and other sea creatures, along with birds too... Kids still talk about it.