CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
GamecockSuperFan
cocks are us
robgusc76
El Cid Ranger
A. Pilgrim
taylorssc
jellafever
johnnyb
Cockhornleghorn
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2064)
Jimbo Fisher Blames (957)
Ole Miss Fan's Milk- (829)
Herbstreit on " (819)
Little know stat (We (776)
SEC QB's in the Red (775)
Gamecockology Helms (704)
2013 Georgia vs. 201 (647)
Gif Sharing Time!!!! (409)
Where do you like to (339)
Tennessee - South Carolin
SEC QB's in the Red Zone
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Uniforms for Tenn
Gamecockology Helms
COCKYTALK GOLF OUTING
Halo: Master Chief Collec
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --

Old 06-19-2014, 02:59 PM   #121
boness
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in
Default Re: 2015 - Marquavius Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I've never heard of a maximum EE that could be brought in.....as far as I know, we could bring in 30 EE.....five if them count back and the other 25 count to the 2015 class.....this assumes the 2014 class ends up with only 17 qualifying out of 22.
I did't think it quite worked like that. I thought you coule EE those that count back, the 4-6 we expect to roll back + any additional open Schoolies as of end of first semester. total on schoolie at the beginning of 2nd semester still can not exceed 85.
i'm not sure but I think may sr grads would not count against the 85 even tho they are still on schoolie however we sign an incoming class counting on a certain # of non= Sr players to leave the program after the beginning of 2nd semester but before the incoming class members enroll for summer 1, 2 and/or fall. spots for those who early out for the draft or transfer out after spring ball or are ushered out, those spots r avail for the incoming class but not for EEs I dont think. don't thiinkd the cart can come before the horse.
maybe someone could explain how all those factors play in. It's interesting stuff. so ya know I hope u r correct and we can enroll all 30 as EEs no matter what if the player could do it. hope so but don't think it works that way. hope i am wrong. i often am. WVP
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:21 PM   #122
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
DE Marquavius Lewis of Hutchinson JC, KS and Greenwood hasn’t seen much change with his recruiting of late. He feels USC and Auburn are recruiting him the hardest and in fact he talked with Gamecock recruiter Deke Adams on Tuesday.
“He was telling me about the new commit they just brought in and he wants to get me on the phone more with coach Spurrier,” Lewis said.
The Greenwood native recently made an official visit to Arizona State. “It was nice, a real good time,” he said. “I like how they bring in the JUCO guys and establish them real well.”
Lewis visited USC and Auburn unofficially when he was home last month and he plans to take some more official visits. He does not have a favorite and won’t make his decision until the season.
Oregon and Kentucky are two new schools to start talking with Lewis but they have not offered.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-on-gamecocks/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:18 PM   #123
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Visiting Miami today.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:56 PM   #124
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Smart guy. If I were a recruit and spent the past year in Kansas, this is the perfect time to visit South Beach.
uscGRAD04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:01 AM   #125
davisd9
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 375
davisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudlydavisd9 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Lewis to visit USC next week

BY PHIL KORNBLUT

USC's pursuit of DE Marquavius Lewis of Hutchinson JC, KS and Greenwood is heating up. Lewis has scheduled an official visit with the Gamecocks for July 25th. That will be his third official visit after earlier ones to Arizona State and Miami.

"I'll be looking into the depth chart and how I'd truly fit into their defense," Lewis said. "My family is going to be there as well."

And family is important to Lewis, that's why the proximity of USC to his Greenwood home is working in the Gamecocks' favor. Lewis has USC #1 on his list right now ahead of, in no particular order, Miami, Auburn, Tennessee, Alabama and Arizona State.

"It's because of the influence of my family and everything," he said. "I have some desire to be close to home but it's got to be the right fit for me to get to the next level. I'm trying to go where I'm truly needed."

Lewis said he feels Miami has that need for him after his official visit there late last month.

"It went pretty good, it was really nice," he said. "I got to see how the players react. There's a good vibe down there. It's family oriented. They said I'm a very highly needed guy to change their program around, and they'll use me as a rush end."

Lewis said he's not sure of any more official visits he'll take after the USC trip. He wants to make his decision by the middle of the season.
http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/07/1...l?sp=/99/119//
davisd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:10 AM   #126
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs

Marquavius is the biggest fish left on the board in my opinion. A DE that can come in next year and contribute right away. Hopefully the official visit goes well and we let him know we can get him to the NFL plus we are close to home for his family to come and watch. Not to mention being in the SEC and being a top 10 program for the past 3 years.
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:10 AM   #127
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Pull. The. Trigger.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:19 AM   #128
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 11748
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Hopefully Coach Adams can pull off the hat-trick when it comes to 4* commits this cycle.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:07 PM   #129
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Our rabbits package would be amazing.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:13 PM   #130
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Actually the OV is July 25 and 26.

He didn't mention taking other visits.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #131
Liquid_nails
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Liquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talonsLiquid_nails has developed his gaff and talons

Lewis is just a matter of time fellas.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:07 PM   #132
Cockypantherfan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_nails View Post
Lewis is just a matter of time fellas.
Yep. Our d line is going to be NASTY in 1 - 2 yrs
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:55 PM   #133
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/rec...e-juco-player/
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:02 PM   #134
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 4203
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetInChicago View Post
Enjoyed reading, thanks for posting!

Maybe a commit on 7/25?!?

jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:11 PM   #135
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 420
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Yep. Our d line is going to be NASTY in 1 - 2 yrs

Sawyer, Blackshear, Key, Lewis...and that's just DE
Old 07-17-2014, 02:22 PM   #136
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
That's exactly where my concern kicks in. We really need a few great DT's to go along with them. I really want Jones in this class and 3-4 DT's in the 2016 class.

But yeah, the DE's are going to be a strength down the road for sure.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:27 PM   #137
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
Enjoyed reading, thanks for posting!

Maybe a commit on 7/25?!?

It's possible either then or shortly thereafter.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:27 PM   #138
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Quote:
Add Whitlow, although he's more of a hybrid DE/OLB.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #139
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 420
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetInChicago View Post
That's exactly where my concern kicks in. We really need a few great DT's to go along with them. I really want Jones in this class and 3-4 DT's in the 2016 class.

But yeah, the DE's are going to be a strength down the road for sure.
I think you'll see Wideman and McClain shift inside and become pretty good DTs. Not to mention Kelsey Griffin and Lamin should be seniors at the same time a couple years down the road. But I agree that DT should be a focus for the 2016 class since Dukes, Dixon, and Surratt will be on their way out soon.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #140
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think you'll see Wideman and McClain shift inside and become pretty good DTs. Not to mention Kelsey Griffin and Lamin should be seniors at the same time a couple years down the road. But I agree that DT should be a focus for the 2016 class since Dukes, Dixon, and Surratt will be on their way out soon.
Hard to believe also, because it's felt as if he's been at USC for 5-6 yrs now, but Green is also a sophomore like Griffin and Lamin. I know he hasn't contributed much yet but every report I've ever seen from the coaches have been very positive about him, and even Melvin Ingram took 2-3 years before finding his role on the team. So we'll still have those 3 DTs to build around for the next 2 seasons...
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote