CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
taylorssc
El Cid Ranger
markymark550
Captain9Dragons
BlackMagic84
doubledribble
Fight, win, kick a-- (1324)
The Gator Bowl wants (962)
Why I'm hopeful abou (941)
CFN prediction for a (917)
USC will upset Aubur (786)
A simple defensive l (766)
What happened to thi (696)
In-state QB talent (552)
This is War (399)
SEC Debate: Best can (340)
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Texas athletic director:
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
Why I think we beat Aubur
In-state QB talent
A simple defensive line &
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Thoughts on the basketbal
Cann tipping plays?

Old 06-18-2014, 08:49 PM   #1
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default ...From 49ers Camp

Marcus Lattimore looks noticeably better and more explosive than he did two weeks ago when he was recovering from a hamstring strain. He caught an out pass early in practice and burst up field. It's hard to say whether Lattimore is 100 percent – I've never seen him practice in person until last month – but he certainly is making progress.

Fellow South Carolinian Bruce Ellington had a strong practice while working both wide and out of the slot. He’s extremely quick and slippery when the ball is in his hands.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:52 PM   #2
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default Re: ...From 49ers Camp

....from Cleveland...

Quarterback Connor Shaw is still a little raw, but you can clearly see improvement on his end. A mobile quarterback at South Carolina, Shaw has become more comfortable making quick throws while not scampering around. The one good thing going forward about his mobility: he would be an excellent practice simulator of quarterbacks like Jake Locker, E.J. Manual and even to a degree Cam Newton – all on the Browns’ 2014 schedule. Plus practice reps against the first-team Browns defense will continue to help Shaw.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:41 AM   #3
Tolley
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Tolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPit

Thanks for the updates GH!
Tolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:24 AM   #4
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
....from Cleveland...

Quarterback Connor Shaw is still a little raw, but you can clearly see improvement on his end. A mobile quarterback at South Carolina, Shaw has become more comfortable making quick throws while not scampering around. The one good thing going forward about his mobility: he would be an excellent practice simulator of quarterbacks like Jake Locker, E.J. Manual and even to a degree Cam Newton – all on the Browns’ 2014 schedule. Plus practice reps against the first-team Browns defense will continue to help Shaw.

I'd take that. There are a lot worse ways to make a living.
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:47 PM   #5
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 355
Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

Proud of these guys and all of our Gamecocks in the pros!!
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #6
rolinb1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1310176
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

Sounds Good GH!
Old 06-19-2014, 04:34 PM   #7
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 979723021
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

For the life of me, I can't believe how many teams passed on Bruce.......

And I live for Marcus Lattimore's first regular season carry!
Old 08-02-2014, 07:16 PM   #8
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

....from Cleveland....

The Browns held their family day scrimmage today and unfortunately Connor Shaw did not have a good showing. He threw a pair of interceptions with one being returned for a touchdown.

Connor Shaw takes 1st snap; throws INT to Zac Diles; takes it 30 yards for pick 6

Shaw throws another INT; Craig Robertson w/ pick, fumbles & Jacobbi McDaniel scooped it up and ran it in for the TD

Shaw was 0-3 on the day with 2INTs that lead directly to points for the defense.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:19 PM   #9
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

Ouch.
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:52 PM   #10
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

....in Houston....

Texans rookie Jadeveon Clowney exited practice Saturday, dealing with what appeared to be a right leg injury.

…Clowney lifted his right leg several times and ice was applied. He eventually left practice on a cart.

The extent of the injury is unknown yet, and being taken off on a cart might be more of a precaution than a sign of severity. Until more is known though, Texans fans certainly will be praying for good news.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:20 PM   #11
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

Meanwhile, the 49ers waived/injured Kendall Hunter and signed another running back, Glenn Winston from Michigan State. The 49ers can add Hunter, who tore an ACL last month, to injured reserve once he clears waivers.
With Hunter, LaMichael James (elbow) and Marcus Lattimore (knee) out with injuries, and with Frank Gore unlikely to get any carries in the preseason, the 49ers need more bodies at running back. Hyde, Jewel Hampton, Alfonso Smith and Winston will get the carries in Thursday's preseason opener.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #12
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Ugh. This would be perfect time for Lattimore to show his stuff
uscGRAD04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:38 PM   #13
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

Second-year running back Marcus Lattimore is still rehabbing and has not been activated to practice.

Roman said Lattimore is improving each day.

"He’s looking good," the coordinator said. "Our training staff are the people to ask on that if you want to get specifics... They’re putting him through a lot of change of direction stuff, hard-type cutting. He’s looking good."

Lattimore remains on the Active/Non-Football Injury List.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:40 PM   #14
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
Second-year running back Marcus Lattimore is still rehabbing and has not been activated to practice.

Roman said Lattimore is improving each day.

"He’s looking good," the coordinator said. "Our training staff are the people to ask on that if you want to get specifics... They’re putting him through a lot of change of direction stuff, hard-type cutting. He’s looking good."

Lattimore remains on the Active/Non-Football Injury List.
mid-season GH....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #15
burr
Recruit

Male

burr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spurs

This aint exactly from 49ers camp but I'm not one to start many threads - so am I the only Carolina fan that watched the niner game yesterday ?

Bruuuuce had a great game, made catches, ran a 5 yd gain from the slot and generally demanded respect, and the announcers were crazy about him.

Also saw Latti on the sidelines on a couple extended type shots - he was in t-shirt and hat; one shot, he was congradulating a TE after a TD and next he was sitting on the bench with several others, both times, it kinda made me sad but I'm always looking for him; he'll be back.

Frisco has some rbs.
burr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:43 PM   #16
JoeCock
4-Star

CockyCash: 500
JoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPitJoeCock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by burr View Post
This aint exactly from 49ers camp but I'm not one to start many threads - so am I the only Carolina fan that watched the niner game yesterday ?

Bruuuuce had a great game, made catches, ran a 5 yd gain from the slot and generally demanded respect, and the announcers were crazy about him.
I saw the plays Bruce made and the announcers were definitely "Talking Him Up".
Old 08-25-2014, 10:17 PM   #17
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Adam Schefter-
49ers placed RB Marcus Lattimore on reserve/NFI, sidelining him for at least six regular-season games, per league source....
Old 08-25-2014, 10:20 PM   #18
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

Old 08-25-2014, 10:21 PM   #19
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
Adam Schefter-
49ers placed RB Marcus Lattimore on reserve/NFI, sidelining him for at least six regular-season games, per league source....
If he is ready to play, let him play. The longer the delay the more mental aspect he has to overcome.
Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:08 PM   #20
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Not hearing anything from Marcus gives me a bad feeling.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote