CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
snruter amabon
Spur's Addiction
HeadCockFan
U-Dub Gamecock
Copperhead
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
Black Hole
Yearofthegamecock
The Yancey
Can it get any bette (1074)
Auburn Stealing Sign (965)
Funny Golf Story Abo (890)
Defense Tackles (773)
I used to like bush (676)
Boo This Man... (641)
georgia rewind... (624)
Gamecocks Traveling (337)
SEC East vs. SEC Wes (316)
Stay focus (295)
Winston
How we won the UGA game:
**official Vandy predicti
Doniyah Cliney to sit out
Haven't seen one unbeatab
Good crowd for volleyball
King - South Carolina vs
Auburn looks beatable
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
Stadium improvement idea

Old 06-19-2014, 01:37 AM   #141
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit
Default Re: E3 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
My honest plan is to buy a PS4 and The Witcher 3 and not spend one penny on video games for another 3 years.

is that the skyrim sequel? i am aware of the witcher game, but admit that i do not know where it fits in.

getting a ps4 is not a bad idea...i think there are going to be some great exclusives on it this gen. if you can afford it, probably best to get both the 4 and the 1. as an owner of both, i can assure you there are advantages and disadvantages to both.

i'm glad i own both of them.

diehardgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:52 AM   #142
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
is that the skyrim sequel? i am aware of the witcher game, but admit that i do not know where it fits in.

getting a ps4 is not a bad idea...i think there are going to be some great exclusives on it this gen. if you can afford it, probably best to get both the 4 and the 1. as an owner of both, i can assure you there are advantages and disadvantages to both.

Why would I buy both if I am only planing on getting one game. If anything I would expect people telling me to to upgrade my video card and sell my GTX 460 to recoup some of the cost since it's coming out on PS4, Xbox One, AND PC. I want to get a PS4 just in case I want the next final fantasy game as well, since I also play JRPGS.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:29 AM   #143
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:

There are no announced plans for a new ES game yet. ESO just went live and they will in all likelihood be working on the next Fallout now. The Witcher is not related in any way except that it is an RPG, and a damned fine one at that. Pick up a cheap copy of the last one and give it a run.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #144
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Why would I buy both if I am only planing on getting one game. If anything I would expect people telling me to to upgrade my video card and sell my GTX 460 to recoup some of the cost since it's coming out on PS4, Xbox One, AND PC. I want to get a PS4 just in case I want the next final fantasy game as well, since I also play JRPGS.
Tell ya what...don't buy both. How's that?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Old 06-19-2014, 10:38 AM   #145
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
There are no announced plans for a new ES game yet. ESO just went live and they will in all likelihood be working on the next Fallout now. The Witcher is not related in any way except that it is an RPG, and a damned fine one at that. Pick up a cheap copy of the last one and give it a run.
Thanks for the clarification. I don't keep up with those games as closely as others...guess I had heard some erroneous info.

Old 06-19-2014, 04:09 PM   #146
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. I don't keep up with those games as closely as others...guess I had heard some erroneous info.

It is on sale today on Steam for $3.99.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:53 PM   #147
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
It is on sale today on Steam for $3.99.

if you saw my laptop, you'd know how funny that is. ;)

Old 06-21-2014, 12:56 AM   #148
StormOfTalons
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
StormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPit

Well, as a new member to any given message board it's always good to figure out quickly who the pretentious, self-important toolbags are so you can lessen your number of interactions with them.

And I believe I have come across at least two who fit the description pretty well. Thanks for the help in that regard, fellas.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:13 AM   #149
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Talking Re: E3 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
Well, as a new member to any given message board it's always good to figure out quickly who the pretentious, self-important toolbags are so you can lessen your number of interactions with them.

And I believe I have come across at least two who fit the description pretty well. Thanks for the help in that regard, fellas.

shit. wait. is this round 5? i only have bets on the table through 4...

give me, like, five minutes to shore some bets up and then come out swinging again, a'ight? i need to make some money off this thing....

Old 06-21-2014, 11:27 AM   #150
unccgamecock
Recruit

Male

unccgamecock is developing his combunccgamecock is developing his combunccgamecock is developing his combunccgamecock is developing his combunccgamecock is developing his combunccgamecock is developing his combunccgamecock is developing his combunccgamecock is developing his comb

Quote:
shit. wait. is this round 5? i only have bets on the table through 4...

give me, like, five minutes to shore some bets up and then come out swinging again, a'ight? i need to make some money off this thing....
c'mon boys. it's the weekend. can't we all just relax? lol
unccgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #151
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:

The Witcher 3 is kind of like Skyrim combined with a Fable game but bigger, better graphics, much better story, and for an adult audience, a lot of nudity, sex, gore, and for vularity. (not for kids at all). AC Black Flag is another pretty good comparison. You seem to be more of an action game guy as opposed to Exploration and Story line. This game is more "Quest oriented." Maybe that's not your thing. The Witcher and The Witcher 2 are really good games, but they are supposed to be trash compared to the new one coming out. So if you try them you may think it overrated because of all the hype the new one is getting.

As far getting an XBO, until I see an exclusive game like I feel like I have to have I won't even think about it. But it is going to be hard to justify spending the money on the system for just one or two games.

Here is the last Witcher 3:The Wild Hunt. trailer and some new gameplay footage. It's still in development though. Release date is Feb. 24 2015.

Old 06-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #152
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

I was aware of Witcher, but never knew it was all that good..never heard much about it.

Fable is a great, enjoyable game series...except the last couple have been meh...the first Fable is my favorite!

Skyrim....sigh, it's like single player WoW...addictive as hell. and with add-ons it's really great...lol

Is witcher Moddable? I may grab it for my PC
Old 06-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #153
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
I was aware of Witcher, but never knew it was all that good..never heard much about it.

Fable is a great, enjoyable game series...except the last couple have been meh...the first Fable is my favorite!

Skyrim....sigh, it's like single player WoW...addictive as hell. and with add-ons it's really great...lol

Is witcher Moddable? I may grab it for my PC
Witcher 3 should be as additive if not more than Skyrim and I believe CDPR did say they will continue to try to keep the PC modder community happy. I am not really into mods except for graphical improvements of course.

Microsoft is coming out with a new Fable game and it is going to be online cooperative. Online gaming is still not my thing either and I still have my 360 in case I want to play Fable 2. But that might be something for you to look out for.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:28 PM   #154
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

lot of people excited over the new fable. i never played the old one(s) but i realize they're popular.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:30 PM   #155
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

out of games that i didn't know about going into E3, this is by far the one that i'm most interested in. this is a day one purchase for me based off of previous RS titles and this trailer...this thing looks amazing:

Old 06-21-2014, 11:16 PM   #156
TonyVercetti
Recruit

Male

TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

Why was there no studs in the walls? That irritate me
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:21 PM   #157
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVercetti View Post
Why was there no studs in the walls? That irritate me

contractor by trade? j/k.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:49 PM   #158
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:
out of games that i didn't know about going into E3, this is by far the one that i'm most interested in. this is a day one purchase for me based off of previous RS titles and this trailer...this thing looks amazing:
That is hot. I will be getting that. I have had all of Tom Clancy's RS series. I hadn't seen that before, thanks.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:11 PM   #159
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:

You like this better than "The Division?" The other Tom Clancy one?

Old 06-22-2014, 02:18 PM   #160
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
I think JRPG's in general is a good argument to get a PS4, but it seems Square-enix is going to release their games on both XB1, and PS4. Kingdom Hearts 3 is going to be on both, and I'm sure FF15 will be on both as well.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote