CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Spurticus
TAFC 5 1981
sanford
smoovecock
usc1
gamecockgal
StormOfTalons
robgusc76
Gamecockfanatic4
Top 10 Reasons Why T (2169)
Jaguars Justin Black (841)
Spurrier vs Saban (770)
Kansas to invest $75 (745)
When does fall pract (721)
Frank Caliendo + Mor (265)
An Air Algerie Fligh (264)
Anyone Switching to (253)
Expect A Healthy Dos (229)
Darth Vader 'Vette (182)
Stephen Garcia AMA on Red
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
2015 - Amonte Caban
Baseball Recruiting Threa
Places to eat in Conway?
Spurrier vs Saban
Another A&M aggie off
Coach's media golf press
Gamecock Showcase Attende
college football match up

Old 06-19-2014, 08:04 PM   #961
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Greece and Japan is so boring right now it hurts.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 08:34 PM   #962
IBleedGarnetandBlack
never begs for rep.

Male

CockyCash: 76859832125
IBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot materialIBleedGarnetandBlack is USC mascot material

Group A
TeamPointsGDPWDLFA
Brazil42211031
Mexico41211010
Croatia32210153
Cameroon0-5200205Eliminated

Group B
TeamPointsGDPWDLFA
Netherlands65220083Will Advance
Chile64220051Will Advance
Australia0-3200236Eliminated
Spain0-6200217Eliminated

Group C
TeamPointsGDPWDLFA
Colombia64220051Will Advance
Ivory Coast30210133
Japan1-1201112
Greece1-3201103

Group D
TeamPointsGDPWDLFA
Costa Rica32110031
Italy31110021
Uruguay3-1210134
England0-2200224

Group E
TeamPointsGDPWDLFA
France33110030
Switzerland31110021
Ecuador0-1100112
Honduras0-3100103

Group F
TeamPointsGDPWDLFA
Argentina31110021
Iran10101000
Nigeria10101000
Bosnia-Herzegovina0-1100112

Group G
TeamPointsGDPWDLFA
Germany34110040
USA31110021
Ghana0-1100112
Portugal0-4100104

Group H
TeamPointsGDPWDLFA
Belgium31110021
Russia10101011
South Korea10101011
Algeria0-1100112
Old 06-19-2014, 08:39 PM   #963
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

The one positive thing about the Japan v Greece match - every team is still mathematically alive going into the final match. Adds at least a little drama on the final day. However, Ivory Coast loves this result.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:43 PM   #964
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Japan Greece next...

Greece is boring and really not a scoring threat at all...though Popadopoulous(sp??) is talented.

Japan is weird, I expect this to end as a draw...hoping for some excitement

I'm just going to leave this right here.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:12 AM   #965
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Today has an interesting slate of games. Iran impressed by holding a draw with a scrappy Nigeria.

Argentina looked suspect at beast with a less than great win over an iffy Bosnian side....I wouldn't be TOTALLY shocked with a draw today.

Italy vs Costa Rica is the one I'll be glued to...Costa Rica REALLY impressed me, but was that a down Uruguay without Suarez?

Italy is ONLY the 5th most boring team in this WC...behind:
1.Greece
2.Russia
3. Japan
4. Bosnia
5.Spain -- lulz
Old 06-20-2014, 11:26 AM   #966
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talons

Not really looking forward to any of these games except Italy v Costa Rica. CR is a scrappy team and I want to keep watching Joel Campbell play hopefully he keeps doing well for my Arsenal to give him a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2014, 11:33 AM   #967
markp_vip
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4-AJ1 View Post
Not really looking forward to any of these games except Italy v Costa Rica. CR is a scrappy team and I want to keep watching Joel Campbell play hopefully he keeps doing well for my Arsenal to give him a chance

I'm sure if he has a really good World Cup Wenger will sell him.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:43 AM   #968
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talonsSR4-AJ1 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post

To be honest that wouldn't shock me. The rumors going around now are that he is included in a package deal for Balotelli

Old 06-20-2014, 12:07 PM   #969
B-G
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
This is very likely.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:27 PM   #970
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Costa Rica!!! 1-0!
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:29 PM   #971
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

As it stands Costa Rica advances and England is eliminated.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:36 PM   #972
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

I am pulling for Costa. They already got jobbed out of a PK in this game. Should be 2\0.

Have a feeling Balotelli is going to get at least one goal before this is over.

Italia is a bunch of greasy floppers.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:38 PM   #973
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Genius!

Old 06-20-2014, 01:48 PM   #974
B-G
Game MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

I'm pulling against Costa Rica
My pool is still going strong. (Minus Spain but I had them finishing second)
Old 06-20-2014, 02:00 PM   #975
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
I am pulling for Costa. They already got jobbed out of a PK in this game. Should be 2\0.

Have a feeling Balotelli is going to get at least one goal before this is over.

Italia is a bunch of greasy floppers.
I'm pulling for Costa Rica as well. However, you can't say the match should be 2-0. Yes, that should have been a penalty. However, Costa Rica scored a minute or so later. They aren't likely to have gotten that penalty and that same goal a minute later.

A draw in this game also eliminates England. Anything but 2 wins by Italy eliminates England. I was hoping England would stay in this. Now I find myself rooting outright for Costa Rica.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:14 PM   #976
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
I'm pulling for Costa Rica as well. However, you can't say the match should be 2-0. Yes, that should have been a penalty. However, Costa Rica scored a minute or so later. They aren't likely to have gotten that penalty and that same goal a minute later.

A draw in this game also eliminates England. Anything but 2 wins by Italy eliminates England. I was hoping England would stay in this. Now I find myself rooting outright for Costa Rica.

I usually am a fan of England but there is little to no hope for them so I am moving on. My hate for the Dirty Italian Birds is strong!

As far as the score. You can say whatever you want.

PK could get blocked...Ballotelli should have scored on the little pop over the goalie play it's all just lip service.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:16 PM   #977
B-G
Game MVP

Male

Not a fan of England.

Work with too many of those tea drinking queen lovers, hope we advance to the round of 16 and they don't. Will be great.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #978
B-G
Game MVP

Male

Never understand half these flags these country's fans have at these games.
(What I'm saying is you see fans fly others outside the country's official)

I'm glad we have one flag that all of our fans fly.
(Don't think I've seen fans flying flags of states but could be wrong)
Old 06-20-2014, 02:35 PM   #979
Thenardier
Banned

Male

Costa Rica 1-0 FT!

England, you are the weakest link, goodbye.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:35 PM   #980
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

TICOS!