CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
El Cid Ranger
taylorssc
markymark550
Captain9Dragons
BlackMagic84
doubledribble
Fight, win, kick a-- (1308)
The Gator Bowl wants (955)
CFN prediction for a (911)
Why I'm hopeful abou (907)
USC will upset Aubur (779)
A simple defensive l (754)
What happened to thi (687)
In-state QB talent (538)
This is War (399)
SEC Debate: Best can (335)
Texas athletic director:
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
Fight, win, kick a-- addi
Why I think we beat Aubur
In-state QB talent
A simple defensive line &
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Thoughts on the basketbal
USC Picked 12th By SEC Me
Cann tipping plays?

Old 08-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Darius Slayton

Quote:
Two other schools in the Southeastern Conference on Slayton's radar are LSU and South Carolina. He likes Steve Spurrier at Carolina and the atmosphere and production at LSU.
Link: http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1313790.html

Scout Bio

ESPN Bio

247 Bio

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:03 PM   #2
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Darius Slayton

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/rec...cut-4-star-db/
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:12 AM   #3
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
USC is firmly in the mix with WR Darius Slayton (6-2 182) of Norcross, GA despite the fact he couldn’t make it in for the spring game and has yet to visit. He has been to Georgia and Alabama.
‘I like South Carolina a lot,” Slayton said. “Obviously, there’s coach Spurrier and his offensive system. I like his style of ball. That’s a good fit for me. Overall, his resume is impeccable. They’ve got a great coaching staff and they’ve got a good program going up there.”
Slayton added that he’s in regular contact with USC recruiter GA Mangus.
Slayton’s offers include Clemson as well but he’s not hearing that much from the Tigers. He also has offers from Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Ohio State, Wisconsin, LSU, North Carolina, NC State, Texas A&M and several others.
Last season Slayton had 33 catches for 940 yards and 8 touchdowns. He also plays cornerback and had 14 tackles and 1 interception last season.
He has been invited to The Opening in July in Oregon.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ll-interested/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 06-10-2014, 11:14 PM   #4
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
There have been some questions on where Slayton, with elite speed would best fit in on the next level. Those questions were answered before lunch on Thursday when the 6-foot-2 speedster was too much for defending 6A champion Norcross to deal with. Slayton made play after play and nothing really stopped him all day until he got tired later in the day. Playing both ways in the heat was tough in the all day event, but there was not anybody there that could cover him consistently. Speed kills has never been more relevant to a daily performance.
Link: http://georgia.247sports.com/Article...rmers-29012074

Old 06-12-2014, 03:36 PM   #5
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

I'd really love to see us sign this guy. Get him coaches
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:32 PM   #6
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
WR Darius Slayton of Norcross, GA made it to USC over the weekend for the Gamecocks’ first camp of the season. Slayton said the Gamecocks are moving up his list.
“My list has changed a little but I haven’t really sat down and made a new one,” Slayton said. “I will say this…I like South Carolina more (after the visit) than I did.”
Slayton participated in the morning session of the camp and then took a tour of the campus during the afternoon session.
“It was a really cool place,” he said. “I like the campus a lot. The coaches are recruiting me as a wide receiver but we haven’t really talked about how they plan to use me yet.”
His other visit this summer has been to Florida. The Gators did not make his original top eight but could make the revitalized list. “I like them a lot more after the visit,” he added.
Slayton has not scheduled any other visits for this summer but does plan to take another trip or two prior to football season. Others on his short list are Clemson, Georgia, Auburn, LSU, Ohio State, Alabama and Tennessee.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...weekends-camp/

Old 06-19-2014, 10:02 PM   #7
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Darius and Micah Abernathy are both from Norcross Ga......I assume they are teammates.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:06 PM   #8
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Are we recruiting him as a WR? I ask because in C2's post he's listed as a WR but in the offer thread his listed under defensive back.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:09 PM   #9
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Are we recruiting him as a WR? I ask because in C2's post he's listed as a WR but in the offer thread his listed under defensive back.
listed as both on TBS.....I think we're recruiting him as a WR.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:12 PM   #10
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
listed as both on TBS.....I think we're recruiting him as a WR.....
Thanks. If we comes here, it should be interesting to see where he ends up. Take him as an ATH and see how it works out.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:57 PM   #11
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
LSU is the latest school to receive a visit from WR Darius Slayton of Norcross, GA. Slayton, who visited USC last month, spent Sunday in Baton Rouge. The Tigers have offered Slayton as a defensive back but that has not affected his opinion of the program.
“I kind of grew up an LSU fan so it was nice to get on campus and see it up close,” Slayton said. “They had a lot of construction going on in the stadium and locker rooms, so it was hard to get a feel of what it’s like there.”
Slayton named Clemson and Tennessee as the next two schools he will likely visit though neither trip has been scheduled. “I haven’t really heard from Clemson lately,” he said.
The Gamecocks and Tigers are both schools in which Slayton has an interest. As for favorites, he said, “I don’t really know yet. I may put out a list of favorites soon, but I’m not sure.”
He added that it is in his plans to take all five official visits and that Clemson and USC will receive strong consideration as destinations for those visits.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...arius-slayton/

Old 09-10-2014, 12:47 PM   #12
KaneisAble
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Bump. Coming to visit Saturday.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:59 AM   #13
Storm Of Spurs
Blue Chip

Male

Storm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPitStorm Of Spurs rules the CockPit

Quote:
WR Darius Slayton of Norcross, GA said Wednesday night he will take an official visit to USC this coming weekend. It's the first official visit he has scheduled. Slayton visited USC in June for a camp and got a tour of the campus but Saturday will be his first game there.

"I like them," Slayton said. "I want to go on the visit to hopefully increase my interest. I just like them. I like the institution, coach Spurrier and stuff like that."
http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...953/-1/PSPORTS
Old 09-11-2014, 12:46 PM   #14
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

he'd be a heck of a replacement for Bowman
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:52 PM   #15
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

we need him
Old 09-11-2014, 01:20 PM   #16
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Not sure how this matters, but there's not really much of a mention of us on his 247 page. Perhaps we're hoping to make a late push with Bowman gone?

Seems like a Georgia/Auburn contest, with UGA getting the majority of the CB's, especially recently.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #17
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Pretty sure we have ground to make up, but you never know.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:43 PM   #18
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his comb

I say a free trip to watch UGA. Hopefully he's interested but that's my take. He's been CB to UGA a ton lately.
gin house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:24 PM   #19
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin house View Post
I say a free trip to watch UGA. Hopefully he's interested but that's my take. He's been CB to UGA a ton lately.
Kind of like Roquan Smith.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:31 PM   #20
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Both Slayton and Smith fall under the category of probably coming to watch UGA but too good to not bring on campus because once they get on campus anything can happen.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote