CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
cocky0
gamecockgal
Spurticus
U-Dub Gamecock
JaxcockFL
b381l
75CarolinaFan
robgusc76
JohnnyB21
2000grad
Lattimore Sidelined (1785)
Gurley or Davis (1722)
Steve Spurrier - Say (1230)
A house just blew up (642)
South Carolina Footb (536)
Marines confront fak (382)
Man Murders neighbor (267)
Gators brag on Clown (209)
Ryan Wood leaving P& (202)
2014-15 Premier Leag (149)
2015 - Dallas Warmack - A
2015 - Ty'Son Williams
Green and Lammons
Need 4 Tickets for UGA GA
Gamecocks in the Majors/M
college football match up
Predict TAMU 2014
Gators brag on Clowney
Lattimore Sidelined By Le
Ryan Wood leaving P&C

Old 06-20-2014, 01:20 AM   #1
Pit'em
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Pit'em is learning to peckPit'em is learning to peck
Default Cedric Cooper

I've like this fella since he came here. With everyone worrying about our lack of DE experience, I was wondering why most people are overlooking him as an answer. I think he is going to show up and hurt some QBs myself.
Pit'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:58 AM   #2
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Cedric Cooper

That you Cedric?
Old 06-20-2014, 02:00 AM   #3
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit'em View Post
I've like this fella since he came here. With everyone worrying about our lack of DE experience, I was wondering why most people are overlooking him as an answer. I think he is going to show up and hurt some QBs myself.
Doubt he gets a lot of playing time......he could be a good situational pass rusher off the edge sometimes.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:54 AM   #4
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Cooper is small for DE, but very fast. I thought he looked lost last year in pass coverage from LB and didn't pursue well or take good angles. I hope he gets it all together this year and plays well.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:45 AM   #5
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit'em View Post
I think it is Cooper (and English) that the defensive coaches have in mind when they are thinking about 3-4 schemes. I too look for Cooper to be a play maker on D.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:13 AM   #6
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Cooper is behind on the depth chart so he will have to make some head-turning plays when he's in there. He's got the ability. And the reason why no one is talking about him is because he's been here something like 3 years and hasn't done anything yet. Hopefully this is the year he puts something together.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:23 AM   #7
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

He has also been hurt ever since he got here. Can't get better or play for that matter if you're in the rehab room.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #8
Helicopter Cock
To impress a chick

Male

Helicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervous

TBS says he's up to 235 lbs now and that the staff wants him up around 240 by the start of the season.

Not sure how they plan on using him, but like CoverTwo said, needs to stay healthy first. Like the move though because he was too stiff at LB.
Helicopter Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:14 AM   #9
CockFighter
yeah boy

Male

CockFighter has hatched from the shell

He is a good athletic kid. He should make a great situation pass rusher.
CockFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:22 AM   #10
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

This is the kid that interviews well, correct?

I like him as a good influence to the other guys.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:50 AM   #11
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
This is the kid that interviews well, correct?

I like him as a good influence to the other guys.
He is good at interviews. I'm hoping he becomes MI6 light for us.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:48 PM   #12
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
He is good at interviews. I'm hoping he becomes MI6 light for us.
He does handle questions well; nobody has quite the impish sparkle that Ingram had.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:51 PM   #13
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

At the very least I hope special teams will be good with all these de lb athletic tweener types. I gotta' say it seems like Botkin is doing work bringing in and coaching up enough kids so that guys like ced can be freed up to move around.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:27 PM   #14
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

If anyone follows him on Vine you know he's the biggest goofball. Kid should have a reality TV show
Old 06-20-2014, 04:13 PM   #15
GarnetSwarm1990
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
If anyone follows him on Vine you know he's the biggest goofball. Kid should have a reality TV show
Speaking of his vine. Dude looks cut up and big. He's definitely putting in work in the weight room.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #16
airborne09
4-Star

Male

airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

Wasn't Sam 6-2 250 for mizzou?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
airborne09 is offline   Reply With Quote