CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
WeStillOwnUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
Yearofthegamecock
gamecock88
TAFC 5 1981
LeeSC
SpurProsecutor
Kentucky prediction (1976)
Just Booked my Hotel (1330)
Best position coach (693)
So What? (663)
The New Idea That'll (651)
Waldrop doubtful for (583)
We Have A New KO Guy (458)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (386)
So What? (245)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (238)
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
If we loose to Kensucky..
Thoughts on the basketbal
Best position coach or co
What fish do you eat
I'm over the loss, but...
Kentucky prediction
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr
UK promoting a blackout f
Looking for 2 for Kentuck

Old 06-19-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons
Default Getting psyched

http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...nse&source=RSS
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:57 AM   #2
Helicopter Cock
To impress a chick

Male

CockyCash: 500
Helicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Getting psyched

ECU's gonna be a tough matchup. Sandwich between A&M and Georgia, plus we'll still be trying to figure things out in our Secondary.

I have faith in Whammy, though.
Helicopter Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #3
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 858937569
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

yawn....... 27-17 win for the Gamecocks......

next.....

I worry about many things next season..... but underestimating ECU is not one of them......
Old 06-20-2014, 01:22 AM   #4
Pit'em
Recruit

Male

Pit'em is learning to peckPit'em is learning to peck

35-14
Pit'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:53 AM   #5
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Seriously? this is garbage we all know that ECU is not a cupcake but who here honestly thinks they stand a chance against us? Post and then disappear.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:54 AM   #6
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
yawn....... 27-17 win for the Gamecocks......

next.....

I worry about many things next season..... but underestimating ECU is not one of them......
Thank you!
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:09 AM   #7
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Tied at 17-17 at the half USC pulls away 45-24
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:35 AM   #8
QueenCityCockFan
1/2-Star Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
QueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudly
Send a message via Skype™ to QueenCityCockFan

Repeat of a couple years ago in Charlotte. Tight first half, pull away 2nd half.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:48 AM   #9
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

It will be close for the first 30 minutes. After that we go away with it. Pretty typical for most OOC games
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:47 AM   #10
GarnetSwarm1990
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Carden is one of the best QB's in the country that nobody has heard of. Their system makes him the feature weapon and he can handle the load they give him.

Closer than we'd like it to be most of the game due to the inexperienced secondary but our size, speed and depth pull away late. I also predict more than a few moments where we all get frustrated with our coverage. Probably a lot of slant patterns and bubble screens for big yardage due to busted coverage.

I hate predicting scored but I'll throw out a 14+ point victory thanks to the 4th Qtr.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong and we hang 70 on them and only give up 10!

So ready, can August just get here already.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:51 AM   #11
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
Carden is one of the best QB's in the country that nobody has heard of. Their system makes him the feature weapon and he can handle the load they give him.

Closer than we'd like it to be most of the game due to the inexperienced secondary but our size, speed and depth pull away late. I also predict more than a few moments where we all get frustrated with our coverage. Probably a lot of slant patterns and bubble screens for big yardage due to busted coverage.

I hate predicting scored but I'll throw out a 14+ point victory thanks to the 4th Qtr.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong and we hang 70 on them and only give up 10!

So ready, can August just get here already.
I am sick of this stop underestimating crappy schools bs. WE win by 20.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.

Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:07 AM   #12
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
I am sick of this stop underestimating crappy schools bs. WE win by 20.
You do realize that our defense could quite possibly be hot garbage this season right? Not saying it will be, just saying the possibility is certainly there with all of the turnover, youth, inexperience, relative unknowns, etc.

That said, I think our offense should be one of the best in the conference and will carry us to some wins. I would assume the ECU game would be one of those, although I know nothing of ECU's defense in 2014... only that they've been basically a pass first spread offense for the last few years.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:08 AM   #13
fridayserv
Recruit

Male

fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

Three Things, first our front 7 are going to be as good as anyone in the country. Second our offense is one of the most feared in the country. Third our team mindset is in championsip mode, where 6 years ago, it was hope we win. Lastly, here are the names that will show up Lamin 6'4 310 DT, Walton 6'1 240 LB, Matt Harvey 6'8 WR, DJ Park 6'6 340 OL, McWilliams 5'11 200 CB, are my list of sleepers. I notice the article gave the defense 2 seconds, that is because ECU is in big trouble, I would say this offense is more potent than the 2012 offense that put up 45 points.

Last edited by fridayserv; 06-20-2014 at 11:18 AM.
fridayserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:07 PM   #14
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayserv View Post
Three Things, first our front 7 are going to be as good as anyone in the country. Second our offense is one of the most feared in the country. Third our team mindset is in championsip mode, where 6 years ago, it was hope we win. Lastly, here are the names that will show up Lamin 6'4 310 DT, Walton 6'1 240 LB, Matt Harvey 6'8 WR, DJ Park 6'6 340 OL, McWilliams 5'11 200 CB, are my list of sleepers. I notice the article gave the defense 2 seconds, that is because ECU is in big trouble, I would say this offense is more potent than the 2012 offense that put up 45 points.
lol @ feared.

Aren't you the guy who kept blindly bashing Wisconsin and propping us up as invincible before the bowl game last year?
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:20 PM   #15
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

I think our defense will be solid, and our offense is loaded. I have guarded optimism.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:04 PM   #16
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

I don't see ECU stopping our running game. That translates to keeping their offense off the field. When it does get on the field, it will have a lot of pressure to produce first downs. Any execution breakdowns will cause an insidious panic followed by implosion. I don't see this as within ten points in the end.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:22 PM   #17
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Sooo they have a QB that has good stats, but isn't near as talented as Blake Bortles. Sounds like a 45-14 type of day for the Ole Ball Coach.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:01 PM   #18
NinjaSven
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 515
NinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudly

It COULD be a close game, but I doubt it. They have an uphill battle coming into Willy B and pushing us around. Carden will test our secondary, but our run game takes them out of this game and we win by 17+.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:01 PM   #19
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

MD28 will run for over 200 yards and 3 TD's.
FanofCarolina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:35 PM   #20
fridayserv
Recruit

Male

fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
lol @ feared.

Aren't you the guy who kept blindly bashing Wisconsin and propping us up as invincible before the bowl game last year?
I did not bash Wisconsin, just stated they would lose and they did. I don't bash teams I just like everyone else point out teams weakness vs Gamecocks strength. I knew Wisconsin could not keep up with our Wideouts. That was not bashing we now know it is a fact. I have much respect for the history of teams, I just don't live in the past. After 13 games that was a easy to predict.
fridayserv is offline   Reply With Quote