CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Master Bedroom
garnet_black215
GamecockSuperFan
CockyRyan
Gamecocks1137
Regalcock
MWard
WeStillOwnUSC
nodnahs
Clemson Recruiting.. (3089)
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1535)
Ranking the Opposing (1373)
Not a Rival.. (1041)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (1020)
Gamecock Coaches as (930)
NCAA Football 15 (561)
Hello Gamecocks! (476)
Marching band (413)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (287)
Website Design Help
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit
John Rocker at rock botto
Clemson Recruiting...how
Galaxy vs Seatle
Marching band
Name a Gamecock
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Hello Gamecocks!
2015 - Ty'Son Williams

Old 06-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #1
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit
Default Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde

Carlos Hyde 6-0, 230 out of OSU is turning heads in San Fan. Can a rehabbing Lattimore get healthy fast enough to compete for a spot on the 49er backfield while Hyde is going full speed ahead? The bruising OSU RB has been a fearsome pass target out the backfield as well.
Lattimore has been absent from the teams web site news blog since nursing muscle soreness around his knee a few weeks ago in OTAs. Lattimore will be in Columbia this weekend so hopefully we can hear from the RB himself about how his 1st season as a 49er is progressing.
It looks like SF drafted Hyde and Lattimore in the hopes that one will emerge as a force in a power running game this fall. Will SF keep both? It depends on how fast Lattimore gets up to speed but no doubt he has competition.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde

Link the article you got that from
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #3
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

http://www.49ers.com/ I did not get it from a single article. I have been reading the 49er web site as my post clearly stated. I have been following Lattimore's progress for a month. My post is a synopsis of a months reading. You can go back through their archives and see what I have been reading if you like. I thought I might save you some time and effort though and tell you what the web site has been saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Link the article you got that from
Old 06-20-2014, 06:10 PM   #4
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
Carlos Hyde 6-0, 230 out of OSU is turning heads in San Fan. Can a rehabbing Lattimore get healthy fast enough to compete for a spot on the 49er backfield while Hyde is going full speed ahead? The bruising OSU RB has been a fearsome pass target out the backfield as well.
Lattimore has been absent from the teams web site news blog since nursing muscle soreness around his knee a few weeks ago in OTAs. Lattimore will be in Columbia this weekend so hopefully we can hear from the RB himself about how his 1st season as a 49er is progressing.
It looks like SF drafted Hyde and Lattimore in the hopes that one will emerge as a force in a power running game this fall. Will SF keep both? It depends on how fast Lattimore gets up to speed but no doubt he has competition.
Isn't this technically Lattimore's second season as a 49er?

Given the age of Gore and the uncertainty of James, I can't imagine them even thinking of letting Lattimore go.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:42 PM   #5
B-G
Game MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Just wondering, what is the uncertainty of James?

They also have Kendall Hunter who proved to be a good change of pace back to gore.

But mostly Kaepernick and Gore were getting the chances to run the ball.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:02 PM   #6
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post

They also have Kendall Hunter who proved to be a good change of pace back to gore.

It looks like Carlos Hyde is a definite keeper already. Lattimore will need more time. I am unaware if he is where he wants to be physically. That has not been determined yet. It looks like he is being patient until he is physically acclimated. SF knows his potential and his situation. Hyde has the advantage of being healthy now. A SF offense with a healthy Hyde and a healthy Lattimore could win a super bowl. There is big drama in these two RBs.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:12 PM   #7
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Quote:
Quote:
http://www.49ers.com/ I did not get it from a single article. I have been reading the 49er web site as my post clearly stated. I have been following Lattimore's progress for a month. My post is a synopsis of a months reading. You can go back through their archives and see what I have been reading if you like. I thought I might save you some time and effort though and tell you what the web site has been saying.
How does that clearly state you were reading the 49er website? It sounded more like a campy Batman episode. Can Lattimore get healthy enough? Tune in next week, same bat time, same bat day!
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:26 PM   #8
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
How does that clearly state you were reading the 49er website? It sounded more like a campy Batman episode. Can Lattimore get healthy enough? Tune in next week, same bat time, same bat day!
Well yea Nardier; I made my post humorous and informative. I'm surprised you caught that. What is it that you really want to argue about? I don't get it man. Settle down. If you know anything about the SF 49s tell us.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:49 PM   #9
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

This thread has been narded.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:02 PM   #10
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Thenardier at his computer:

"BE MOAR PACIFIC!!!!!"
Old 06-20-2014, 09:36 PM   #11
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Thenardier at his computer:

"BE MOAR PACIFIC!!!!!"

That was pretty good.

I hate that Latti is struggling with the injuries still. Hope he gets it right soon.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:58 PM   #12
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

How that punk DB tackled Marcus still pisses me off.

If it doesn't work out for Marcus, I hope he comes back to the sidelines in Columbia.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:13 PM   #13
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post

If it doesn't work out for Marcus, I hope he comes back to the sidelines in Columbia.
I believe it will work out for Marcus in the long run. NFL coaches can play head games too, every site I have read says nothing of the knee being sore/irritated. Think its a bunch of BS if you ask me.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Cockytalk's own conspiracy theorist.
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:41 PM   #14
JoeMorrisonLives
Blue Chip

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post

Bet he could out recruit Sands.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:57 PM   #15
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

Marcus said the muscles around the knee were sore as he gets into football shape. It was not a knee issue. This was two weeks ago. He could be ok now.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:10 AM   #16
Taylorspur
Recruit

Taylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spursTaylorspur has earned his spurs

The last thing I read was that he was getting used to making his cuts and getting his field vision back and said all he needed was to get hit so he could bounce back up. The best to him.
Taylorspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:13 AM   #17
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Lattimore going to get sum this year. I can't wait to see the greatest back in Carolina history run again.

"Are you a millionaire right now?" 'Nah, not yet. I'm still broke." - Jadeveon Clowney

Old 06-21-2014, 02:41 AM   #18
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post

James isn't happy with his role and at one point, wasn't in voluntary camps as I recall hearing. If he and Gore go, that's Hunter, Lattimore and Hyde. A good three for sure but that's a standard rotation these days.
Old 06-21-2014, 03:48 AM   #19
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
James isn't happy with his role and at one point, wasn't in voluntary camps as I recall hearing. If he and Gore go, that's Hunter, Lattimore and Hyde. A good three for sure but that's a standard rotation these days.
Lattimore will be number one before the camp is over.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:44 AM   #20
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

both lattimore and hyde will definitely be on the team. james would probably be the first one to go if all the backs are healthy. what he's shown so far is the most you'll ever get out of him. lattimore, hyde, and hunter all have much higher ceilings on this level as nfl backs. i wonder what weight lattimore is going to try to play at.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote