CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ccured
Cockypantherfan
b381l
kabercr2
I Bleed Garnet
Gamecocks1137
ConwayGamecock
sporkgod50
taylorssc
kick_ball
Position Battles? (1005)
Guy Pretends to Get (730)
Kenny Mckinley Elect (485)
Today Show (465)
FIFA Womens World Cu (271)
Bulldog Love Budweis (249)
Cats, Humans Parasit (177)
Apple Music (144)
2015 Womens World Cup
FIFA Womens World Cup - G
The Official 2015 Atlanta
Kenny Mckinley Elected to
Position Battles?
2015 Signee - Octavis Joh
Looking for New Bedroom T
Discussion: 2016 Recruit
Mens basketball 2016
Guy Pretends to Get Draft

Old 05-01-2014, 10:08 AM   #61
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Re: Star Wars Episode VII Cast Revealed

Later History
20 BBY–Darth Maul returns to the known galaxy. He takes Savage Opress as his apprentice. The brothers form an alliance with Death Watch and aid them in conquering Mandalore. Darth Sidious subsequently kills Savage and captures Darth Maul.
19 BBY–Darth Sidious betrays Tyranus and orchestrates his execution. Darth Vader becomes Sidious's new apprentice. The Republic falls and the Galactic Empire is established by Darth Sidious, now known as Emperor Palpatine. The Sith rule the galaxy once more, from the Core Worlds to Wild Space.[26]
(19–1 BBY)–Darth Sidious eradicates most of the Jedi in the Great Jedi Purge.[26]
4 ABY–Vader is turned back to the Light side of the Force by Luke Skywalker, resulting in the deaths of both Sidious and Vader, presumed extinction of the Sith Order, thus fulfilling the Ancient Jedi Prophecy of the Chosen One.[27]
11 ABY–The resurrection of Palpatine, who nearly overthrows the New Republic before dying one last time. Another presumed extinction of the Sith order. Exar Kun's spirit is revived on Yavin IV and turns Kyp Durron into a Sith Lord. Exar Kun is later defeated by the New Jedi Order and Kyp turns back to the light side of the Force. [source?]
(11 ABY+)–Rumors abound of a last Sith, an Emperor's Hand, named Lumiya. Three decades later, these whispers would prove true. [source?]
14 ABY–A Sith cult, the Disciples of Ragnos, attempt to resurrect Marka Ragnos, but are thwarted through the efforts of the New Jedi Order. [source?]
30 ABY–Darth Krayt begins to rebuild the Sith Order on Korriban. [source?]

40 ABY–Lumiya appears in the galaxy again, and seduces Jacen Solo to join her. Jacen slowly attempts to lead his cousin Ben Skywalker toward the Sith ways, in order to make him his apprentice but instead later takes Tahiri Veila as his apprentice. Jacen eventually becomes a Sith Lord, taking on the title of "Darth Caedus" and becomes a co- Chief of State of the Galactic Alliance. However with his death Lumiya's Sith, the last surviving remnant of the Order of the Sith Lords had perished. Another presumed extinction of the Sith Order.[28]
43 ABY–Following their meeting with Ship on Kesh, the isolated Lost Tribe of Sith had assembled an armada and sent a team to kill the Jedi Grand Master Skywalker. But after a failed attempt, the Tribe made an alliance with Skywalker and his son, Ben Skywalker in order to destroy a powerful entity named Abeloth.
44 ABY–Abeloth and her new ally, the lost tribe of Sith were defeated by the New Jedi Order. Despites its defeat, the tribe survived on its still hidden homeworld, Kesh.
130 ABY–The One Sith, led by Darth Krayt, return to prominence in the galaxy by sabotaging the Ossus Project, causing mass secessions from the Galactic Alliance to the second Galactic Empire, and nearly eliminating the Jedi Order once again. [source?]
137 ABY–Darth Krayt dies at the hand of his spokesman, Darth Wyyrlok, who hid the truth to his fellow Sith Lords and took the title of regent. Krayt is resurrected and pursues to reclaim his rightful throne with his loyal followers.
138 ABY–Cade Skywalker kills Darth Krayt, and the Sith go into hiding under the leadership of Darth Nihl.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:10 AM   #62
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

John Boyega is going to be an awesome addition to the Star Wars universe. Word is he's the central figure and he is phenomenal in Attack the Block (which is a great film in its own right). Also rumored that Han and Leia's daughter will be central and Obi Wan's grandson will be central.

I am super hopeful about this film. I am a star wars geek who hates the prequels and is deeply committed to the original trilogy.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:22 PM   #63
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
i think it is suppose to be 30 or some odd years... and jedi don't have to have parent who were jedi fyi
Yeah i know but i would assume it would take him time to train new jedis

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:05 PM   #64
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
Yeah i know but i would assume it would take him time to train new jedis

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
I'm nowhere near as into Star Wars as a lot of the people posting in here seem to be, but it's not like it took Luke 30 years to train. 30 years from the end of the original trilogy seems like a perfectly legitimate amount of time to have regrown something of a Jedi order. I'm not even sure if that's what's happening in the new films, though. Just saying a lot can happen in 30 years.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:07 PM   #65
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinafan53186 View Post
Someone said the EU is considered noncanon. I didn't realize that. In the EU the sith have come back to rule the galaxy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

Disney has recently announced that from now on, things are canon...but past publications are non-canon.

Doesn't matter...my sons name will still be Bane.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:09 PM   #66
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmcclane View Post
John Boyega is going to be an awesome addition to the Star Wars universe. Word is he's the central figure and he is phenomenal in Attack the Block (which is a great film in its own right). Also rumored that Han and Leia's daughter will be central and Obi Wan's grandson will be central.

I am super hopeful about this film. I am a star wars geek who hates the prequels and is deeply committed to the original trilogy.

Obi Wan will have no children or grandchildren...Star Wars elders would light the world on fire...only the Clone Wars displayed his division with his desires for the Mandalorian Duchess Satine Kryze, but she was killed by reinvented Maul...

so that line is most likely nixed.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:10 PM   #67
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
The Jedi and the Sith are opposites. The Sith is a collection of Dark Jedi. How they portray them on the movies is there is always 2 there is the Sith Master, and Sith Apprentice. So the Sith will never die out as long as a Jedi goes to the dark side.

Wrong. The dark jedi are NOT true sith.

Dark "jedi" or dark force user
-May be trained or untrained, personally ambitious and act alone, they prey on individuals who are weaker than they are for their own gain. These are your common thugs with special powers---like King Joffrey

The sith are organized and are interested in dominating everyone

Last edited by Biocockanics; 05-01-2014 at 01:21 PM..
Biocockanics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:28 AM   #68
Bobby Boucher
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
I'd imagine that Ford, Hamill, and Fisher will be in more of a supporting role than actual central characters.

I hope anyways.

One of the big changes that came from JJ taking over creative control was the shift in focus in Episode 7 from heavy on new characters from the get go to more emphasis on the trinity that begins to shift it to the new cast by the end of the movie. So episode 7 will be the present in which the past gives the torch to the future.
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:31 AM   #69
Bobby Boucher
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Bobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudlyBobby Boucher is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
Also luke and leia are the last two hopes, so it should be safe to assume luke was the last jedi, how far into the future this isnt idk, yoda says there are always two sith, never less never more
It's 30 years from the end of the Battle of Endor. And I seriously doubt that Luke is/was the last Jedi. Then again, I'm assuming that not all of the Jedi were killed in Episode 3, excluding the obvious survival of Yoda and Ben.
Bobby Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:50 AM   #70
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100280
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

There is no way to guess how the store will unfold. If you told me JJ's version of Star Trek would involve a two Spocks...I would have told you it would have been hot garbage.

I was sort of looking forward to Cumberbatch, Fasbender, or Gary Oldman being involved with the film. I guess those were all just rumors.
Order 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:54 AM   #71
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

There's a whole lotta nerd going on in this thread, lol.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:43 AM   #72
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Outside of all this speculation as to the story line...who'll be there opening day?????

*raises hand*
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:47 AM   #73
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Outside of all this speculation as to the story line...who'll be there opening day?????

*raises hand*
I hope. I have only been to one midnight opening showing of any movie ever and that was the Episode III showing. Doubt I will do that again. Getting home at 3 and then getting up at 6 for work the next morning wasn't fun.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:48 AM   #74
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
There's a whole lotta nerd going on in this thread, lol.
And one BIG loser

Old 05-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #75
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

Hey, didn't say it was a bad thing. Any series that had Kiera Knightly and Natalie Portman isn't bad at all.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:00 PM   #76
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
Hey, didn't say it was a bad thing. Any series that had Kiera Knightly and Natalie Portman isn't bad at all.

Old 06-20-2014, 07:43 PM   #77
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Default Star Wars VIII and IX

Writer and Director Rian Johnson

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ri...ms-1201226481/
Old 06-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #78
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000001000968752
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Star Wars VIII and IX

I enjoyed Looper, not sure what his take would be on Star Wars. I do however think that this is the last time we see Harrison Ford in a Star Wars movie. Lets face it, he hates this. We all know that, and breaking his ankle didn't make it any better.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:28 PM   #79
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

It's the only reason we know who he is, I'm pretty sure George L worked in a clause that asa long as HE wants harrison to show up...he will...hell GL had the foresight to retain merchanidising rights.....

you know it's true, lol
Old 06-20-2014, 09:25 PM   #80
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
I enjoyed Looper, not sure what his take would be on Star Wars. I do however think that this is the last time we see Harrison Ford in a Star Wars movie. Lets face it, he hates this. We all know that, and breaking his ankle didn't make it any better.
He was recently injured on the set of VII. He is around 70. Don't know how many more he will be appearing in