CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
The Yancey
Gamecocks1137
Sandstorm29
aftertwobowls
Cocks N Stuff
GarnetSwarm1990
robgusc76
cockybreeyan
rioninusc
The Vent and Coachin (8856)
2015 schedule is bru (2858)
UF lets Durkin go (2337)
2015 Early Enrollees (1957)
The U ends apparel d (857)
Bobo to Colorado St? (779)
Keeping it all in pe (477)
Marquavius Lewis (375)
Wilds & Carson B (365)
Brad Lawing USC / Fl (303)
2015 Early Enrollees Thre
The Vent and Coaching cha
How Long Will The Rebuild
2015 - Ulric Jones
Restaurant musts in NYC
2015 - Mark Fields
5 Gourmet Foods That Used
The U ends apparel deal w
2015 schedule is brutal
Marquavius Lewis

Old 02-09-2014, 08:39 PM   #21
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Apopka... do we have any kids from down there? Sounds REALLY familiar to me.
Robert Beary (baseball) was from Apopka. I remember because I was thinking how cool it would be to live so close to Disney World
uscGRAD04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:02 PM   #22
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: 2015 - Martez Ivey

TBS just posted an article stating that Ivey is more open to going out of state than he was a few months ago and that we are one of the teams he is considering. Still a long shot but at least it sounds like a minor improvement.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #23
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 1000700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
TBS just posted an article stating that Ivey is more open to going out of state than he was a few months ago and that we are one of the teams he is considering. Still a long shot but at least it sounds like a minor improvement.
Damian Prince all over again

Lim Jahey! Pleased to meet you, bud!
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:12 PM   #24
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Damian Prince all over again
Things were much more positive when it came to Prince. One thing working in our favor is PT which is the opposite of Prince. We can sell him that we lose our top 3 OTs while UF just brought in half a dozen in their last class.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:42 PM   #25
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1000001185
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

We never get these kind of guys.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:51 PM   #26
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

i hate florida so so much
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:11 PM   #27
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

It would be crazy if we got him. You never know though.
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:57 PM   #28
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Interview via 247

Quote:
At 6-6 268 pounds, Ivey has very little bad body weight. He has long arms, very flexible hips and did a great job mirroring defensive linemen, even with his knee still swollen from recent meniscus surgery. He really got after it during 1-on-1’s and showed the fiery nature you look for in an offensive lineman. Progress in the weight room will greatly benefit Ivey, who possesses possibly the quickest feet of any blocker since Laremy Tunsil.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/Derwin-...do-NFTC-182922

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

Last edited by CoverTwo; 04-02-2014 at 12:07 AM.
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:24 AM   #29
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
OL Martez Ivey (6-6 280) of Apopka, FL has several schools courting him and because of that has decided to slow things down. Ivey is considering a visit to USC this summer but said that nothing is official.
“I haven’t really talked to (USC) in a while but that’s because I’ve sort of told coaches I’m not talking right now,” Ivey said. “I’m really just focusing on high school football and not thinking about recruiting.”
Ivey said there may be some interest in the Gamecocks but added that he would need to visit before he knew for sure.
“You can’t really know until you get up there and see how it is,” he said. “I might visit but, to be honest, I don’t really know right now.”
He did see USC play in Orlando last season when the Gamecocks visited Central Florida. SInce then, he has only taken a handful of visits. “I’ve been to Florida a couple of times,” Ivey said. “I’ve been up to Florida State and to Alabama and Auburn. Obviously, they’re all big-time programs that gave me a lot to think about.”
He expects USC assistant Everett Sands to visit him during spring ball. Ivey has not narrowed his list nor does he have any favorites.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ter-this-year/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:14 AM   #30
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000052205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Anything on him. I haven't seen anything on the pay sites.....most CB are Florida.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:32 AM   #31
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

UF Or Auburn
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote