CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
SouthCGC
No Curse
GoldenSpur7
18IsTheMan
everhopefulfan
Cocks N Stuff
Spurrier_Superior_On
GamecockUltimate
lake-cityCOCK89
peterlemon
My Observations Abou (1565)
Kevin Sumlin Thought (1535)
Step back from the l (1149)
My outside view (891)
How far do we fall.. (768)
Shon Carson at KR (672)
Gurley lined up to t (640)
Shaq Roland (629)
Who else wants to se (605)
Kelcy and Victor Ham (471)
Confused fan here. Why i
Gurley lined up to take U
Kevin Sumlin Thoughts.
Does anyone else think th
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Seems like a lot of troll
What's your take on our a
Kelcy and Victor Hampton
Looking ahead to UGA
aTm vs Clemson

Old 06-21-2014, 09:07 AM   #21
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9980800
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dr Lattimore and Mr Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Lattimore will be number one before the camp is over.
Really? REALLLLLYYYY??? Frank Gore isnt losing his starting job to Lattimore. Theres no debating that. So unless youre predicting a season ending injury for Gore take the Garnet shades off.
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:32 AM   #22
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Lattimore will be number one before the camp is over.
I'll bet you 1,000 US dollars on this.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:54 AM   #23
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
I'll bet you 1,000 US dollars on this.
A man of conviction!!!!

Dr Lattimore and Mr Gore? Hyde being the odd man out. SF may have to trade somebody.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:02 PM   #24
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Thenardier at his computer:

"BE MOAR PACIFIC!!!!!"

LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #25
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
A man of conviction!!!!

Dr Lattimore and Mr Gore? Hyde being the odd man out. SF may have to trade somebody.
It's the nfl, they'll keep all 3
Old 06-21-2014, 12:45 PM   #26
brace
Recruit

Male

brace is sharpening his clawsbrace is sharpening his clawsbrace is sharpening his clawsbrace is sharpening his claws

On my playstation yesterday they had postive news about Latt battling for the starting Job sometime this year. But personally I Think Latt is still a year away I hope I am wrong.
brace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:09 PM   #27
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Lattimore going to get sum this year. I can't wait to see the greatest back in Carolina history run again.

I dont think George is running anytime soon, he might be the second best back but even that is debateable.

for willy
GamecockUltimate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:42 PM   #28
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4438416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
I dont think George is running anytime soon, he might be the second best back but even that is debateable.
Thank you. It's like people don't have a memory past 10 years in today's culture
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:47 PM   #29
Gamecocks1137
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 300
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SCFanInPAUntilNow View Post
Really? REALLLLLYYYY??? Frank Gore isnt losing his starting job to Lattimore. Theres no debating that. So unless youre predicting a season ending injury for Gore take the Garnet shades off.
Im talking about ahead of everyone else, not Gore. Im not retarded. Lattimore has had 2 years to learn that play book, Hyde is not going to come in and just take the job away.
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #30
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...augh/10826673/
Quote:
he's found himself one of four young running backs on the San Francisco 49ers roster fighting for a spot behind entrenched veteran starter Frank Gore.

Or, if you ask Lattimore about his ultimate goal, it's something even bigger.
"I'm trying to take [Gore's] job, but I know that's going to be the hardest thing in the world," Lattimore told USA TODAY Sports.

Certainly it can't be harder than Lattimore's last year and a half, from the time he suffered the devastating knee injury (a dislocation, plus several torn ligaments) in late October 2012, followed by months of grueling rehab. The last year of that process happened here in Santa Clara after the 49ers used a fourth round draft pick on him, even though his entire rookie year would be spend on injured reserve.

He was cleared for full participation in the Niners offseason program this spring, and will complete his first minicamp on Thursday.

"Really, it's been a daily, weekly progression with Marcus," head coach Jim Harbaugh said. "Every day he seems to get more confident and get more confident and get more strength, more feel, which is translating into more burst, quicker turnover with his leg cycle."

Lattimore too feels the daily improvements. The latest, he said, is feeling like he's getting his field vision back. Still, it's one thing to be able to cut through a defense in a non-contact practice. What Lattimore needs now is to get tackled.

"When I take a few hits and get back up. After that, I know it's alright. So that will be the point," Lattimore said. "But right now, I'm just growing my confidence by just feeling every movement, reading the blocks of my offensive linemen, catching the ball and making sudden movements without thinking about it."

The padded practices that will come in August, as well as the preseason games, will also give Lattimore a chance to show he can block in pass protection, he said. It will also give him a chance to show coaches he's a willing participant on special teams. That's a new role for him after having never been on a special teams unit while in college.

The preseason could also bring his first NFL touchdown. He barely let himself even think about the end zone while he was sidelined last season when he knew that games were still so far away. But now his return is starting to feel real.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...9ers/10375091/
Quote:
Lattimore said he's felt some soreness from hard workouts as he pushes himself harder than he's been allowed to the past 20 months.

He said Harbaugh and San Francisco's front-office are still behind him. He heard from friends and supporters wondering if the 49ers pick of Ohio State runner Carlos Hyde meant Lattimore's recovery was not going as planned.
Lattimore said he calmed people's fears about his progress, although he did talk with leadership about his status with Hyde joining a backfield rotation led by starter Frank Gore and including NFL-tested backs in Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James.

"They told me nothing had changed and they believed I can help this team," Lattimore said.

Lattimore saw a friendly face added to the 49ers in last month's draft, too, with San Francisco picking South Carolina receiver Bruce Ellington. Lattimore was key in convincing Ellington, a talented high school football player who signed to play basketball at South Carolina, to add football to his routine. The move paid off in a pro career.

"It's great having him out here and he's going to be a big time player for us," Lattimore said.

Lattimore's busy offseason includes a couple of cross-country trips back to South Carolina, including later this month when he'll host the First Choice Fit Marcus Lattimore MVP Football Camp at a high school north of the Gamecocks' campus.

It's the third such event he's held this spring.

"I just enjoy working with the kids and teaching them to be healthy," he said.
Lattimore also likes being the healthiest he has been in his NFL career.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #31
tgobbel
Semper Fi

Male

Location: From Greenville, SC Now I live in, Southern Indiana
CockyCash: 200
tgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudlytgobbel is crowing loudly

From my 49ners Bleacher Report

Running backs (9)
Locks (4): Frank Gore, Bruce Miller, Kendall Hunter, Carlos Hyde.
Looking good (2): Marcus Lattimore, LaMichael James.
A lot to prove (2): Jewel Hampton, Will Tukuafu.
Other (1): Trey Millard (knee, non-football injury list).
Explanation: Lattimore is fully expected to be on the 53-man roster, but because he’s coming off such a severe knee injury and there are so many unknowns before he takes his first hit, he cannot be considered an absolute lock at this point. James looked very steady fielding punts in the offseason, so his spot is looking much more secure than it appeared a month ago.
'Life is one big road, with lots of signs, so when you're ridin' through the ruts, don't ya complicate your mind, flee from hate, mischief, and jealousy, don't bury your dreams, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live.'
--RNM

tgobbel is offline   Reply With Quote