CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
JerseyBird
bcolinc
The Yancey
kingofnerf
Regalcock
Latti
Travelin
B-G
gamecockgal
2014 Subway Classic: (1610)
Former Gamecock root (928)
Props to Eric Hyman. (799)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Franks boy's are pla (683)
Four USC Basketball (598)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (392)
Bowl packages (353)
Chance of my lifetim (224)
Kentucky is dominati (216)
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
2015 Commitment - Zack Ba
Former Gamecock rooting f
Kentucky is dominating UC
Decommitment from Texas A
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Franks boy's are playing
Duck Bowl Depth Chart
Seventh Woods (2016 Prosp

View Poll Results: Student-Alumni-Just a Fan
Student 16 6.11%
Alumni 174 66.41%
Just a Fan 72 27.48%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2014, 08:39 PM   #121
Tolley
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 850200
Tolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPitTolley rules the CockPit
Default Re: Student/Alumni/ Or Just Fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Is there any way that we can get "just a fan" changed to "just a POS fan"?
Wait, what?
Tolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:51 PM   #122
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1007834
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pick6 View Post
Move to Augusta, Ga in 1999 from Fl. Despised UGA-always have. Holtz first year go 0-11. That was the team for me and has been ever since. (Justa big fan!)
Hey pick, what part of Disgusta do you live in? Its tough to be a Gamecock and live in Augusta. For some reason people there are bigger fans (and rednecks) than even the people in Athens.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:46 AM   #123
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudly

Attended 1('06) year, then withdrew to make some money. Ended up getting married and joining the Navy, maybe when I get out I will use my GI Bill to finish. I don't understand why people who graduated from the school think that they are so superior to those who didn't?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 12:36 PM   #124
conwaycock2
Starter

Male

conwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot materialconwaycock2 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
Attended 1('06) year, then withdrew to make some money. Ended up getting married and joining the Navy, maybe when I get out I will use my GI Bill to finish. I don't understand why people who graduated from the school think that they are so superior to those who didn't?

I think if you'll read the comments in this thread most of us don't feel any such thing. Thanks for your service fellow Gamecock fan.
conwaycock2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 01:14 PM   #125
USC12
Walk On

Male

USC12 is sharpening his clawsUSC12 is sharpening his clawsUSC12 is sharpening his clawsUSC12 is sharpening his claws

Alumni. Class of 2012.
USC12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 02:49 PM   #126
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

BS 1980, MS 1983, MD 1986. I spent a lot of years around that campus.
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:37 PM   #127
TwoNotch Dreams
Blue Chip

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Alumni ('13) / Employee
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:41 PM   #128
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Fan for now…Plan on getting a masters there in the future.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:44 PM   #129
JohnnyR2211
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 756
JohnnyR2211 rules the CockPitJohnnyR2211 rules the CockPitJohnnyR2211 rules the CockPitJohnnyR2211 rules the CockPitJohnnyR2211 rules the CockPitJohnnyR2211 rules the CockPitJohnnyR2211 rules the CockPitJohnnyR2211 rules the CockPitJohnnyR2211 rules the CockPitJohnnyR2211 rules the CockPitJohnnyR2211 rules the CockPit

Crap, hit student but I'm a proud alum. c/o 2011! Gamecock for life and hopefully I can offer some scholarships to the kids in my community to pursue their educations at this fine institute. I can't express my love for this University adequately in words, but I can say my worst day in garnet and black is better than any day in any other school's colors!
JohnnyR2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:09 PM   #130
Cocked & Locked
4-Star

Male

Cocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolley View Post
Wait, what?

He is just a troll being a big time jerk. He is always trying to provoke a squabble.
Cocked & Locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:17 PM   #131
Cocked & Locked
4-Star

Male

Cocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudlyCocked & Locked is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post

I don't think that way. In fact I think it do our country a lot of good if everyone was forced to attend some sort of military training for 2-4 years after high school.

Thank you for all you service and please use your GI Bill to complete your education. However, if you can stick with the military until retirement you will have a very nice financial future and still be able to work after retirement if you got in while you were young.
Cocked & Locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:25 AM   #132
talon
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2400
talon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPittalon rules the CockPit

there are plenty of alumni who are not fans and many good fans who are not alumni. we are all in the same bag as far as I'm concerned.
talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 05:39 PM   #133
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Big fan! Had 3 siblings get masters degrees from USC and one was a walkon olineman under Joe Morrison (yes, during the Black Magic season, that lucky SOB! Lol).

I took two summer courses at the main campus in 1987 but got my degrees from Newberry College and MUSC...
Old 06-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #134
JGCarolina
Scrummer

Male

CockyCash: 200
JGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudlyJGCarolina is crowing loudly

Alumni c/o 2009
JGCarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:53 PM   #135
Cock-Tail Time
Just Beat Clemson!

Male

Cock-Tail Time is making other chickens nervousCock-Tail Time is making other chickens nervousCock-Tail Time is making other chickens nervousCock-Tail Time is making other chickens nervousCock-Tail Time is making other chickens nervousCock-Tail Time is making other chickens nervousCock-Tail Time is making other chickens nervous

Grew up in Walhalla...about 15 min from that "other school".
Proud 78 graduate!
Old 06-23-2014, 11:34 PM   #136
RphBallCoach
Blue Chip

Male

RphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervousRphBallCoach is making other chickens nervous

class of 86- school admissions said I needed a SAT score and I said whats that and where do I go to get one of those things... finished third in my class.
RphBallCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 11:40 PM   #137
i29gman
Blue Chip

Male

i29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his comb

Class of 1980 and 1983. From a family full of taters though...even married one.
i29gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:18 AM   #138
CockyandProud
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2450
CockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot material

I'm a fan. I have several family members who are alumni. I went to the University of Parris Island instead of college. I would love to have a degree from USC, but I'm a grandfather, and my wife and I own our own business, so a degree would not translate into any more money, so at this stage of life, it won't happen. I do love Carolina, and am a Gamecock Club member, and season ticket holder for several years. At least that way, I feel like I contribute in a small way.
CockyandProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:02 AM   #139
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Fanatic! Grew up in Columbia, family businesses in 5 points that catered to the Gamecock athletes in the 80's, played basketball at the PE Center and ate with some of the greats as a youngster like Dom Fusci, English, Rogers, Roche, Rebock, McGuire, Felton, Riker, June Raines, Sharpe, Morrison, Little, Barry Manning, Darrell Martin, Brent Price... in fact Willie Scott got me a scholarship to play at a small school he was coaching, I took it but always bleed Garnet and Black. My father is a clemsux fan with the majority of his family, since my father and mother divorced early my mother was pretty instrumental in me bleeding Garnet as she by the Grace of God surrounded me with famous Gamecocks as well as passionate Gamecock athletes, alumni and fans!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:09 AM   #140
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

ra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot materialra742002 is USC mascot material

lifelong fan, wanted to go to undergrad but didn't have the grades in HS because I just didn't take it seriously. Class of 2006 Gardner-Webb Univ. and class of 2014 MEd Univ of South Carolina!

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote