CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
U-Dub Gamecock
markymark550
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
Lonnie
johnnyb
A. Pilgrim
Regalcock
Travelin
We Have to Pass (2666)
Rivalry Thoughts and (2645)
How is Shaq Davidson (1400)
This would be awesom (1162)
Perspective on our g (980)
Currently 2nd in att (788)
SEC referees? (686)
Defense and offense (479)
Alshon - Bose (395)
Ced Cooper (#18) sta (371)
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
How cool would it be to..
Name a Gamecock
weekend conference Predic
Alshon - Bose
We Have to Pass
Perspective on our game f
Ced Cooper (#18) status?
Dragon Age Origins free!
How is Shaq Davidson's re

Old 06-22-2014, 11:17 PM   #21
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Former Gamecocks QB Stephen Garcia joins Saturday Down South as an SEC analyst

The only thing I have aganist Garcia is that he came no where close to his potential. He did lead us to Atlanta and beat a number of good teams (including Alabama), but he made stupid selfish decisions that tarnished his reputation. If he hadn't made so many mistakes, he would definitely be up there with Ellis, tanneyhill, and shaw.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:31 PM   #22
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Former Gamecocks QB Stephen Garcia joins Saturday Down South as an SEC analyst

0-3 in bowl games because he refused to properly prepare. Wish him the best, but he is far from deserving of a statue in my opinion.

As a commentator, he may do well. Always seemed to be a good people person.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:33 PM   #23
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Let the judgments begin

I'll speed things up:

1 we all did it
2 you did it, I did it
3 It's Hyman's fault
4 We'll always have Alabama
5 What could have been
6 He played hurt
7 coulda woulda shoulda
8 It's nobody elses fault but his
9 I wish him well

We can just pick one and move on, like a Chinese menu, just post the appropriate number, saves time
10. yadda yadda yadda

We all lived through it together and I will be glad to move on. Looking forward to getting past the ancient history and would be interested to hear what he has to say about current SEC football teams. I think SG's opinions might be insightful.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:55 PM   #24
HeadCockFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

I'd buy him a beer, but wouldn't introduce him to my daughter.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:05 AM   #25
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Gee....a statue of Stephen Garcia...I never thought of that.

What would it read? Owns record NCAA for most suspensions by a FBS player?
USC fans will turn on their star athletes for any mistake they make. How we got voted as having one of the most loyal fan bases I don't know.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:25 AM   #26
TheUSCMike
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
USC fans will turn on their star athletes for any mistake they make. How we got voted as having one of the most loyal fan bases I don't know.
Loyalty to the university and it's teams doesn't necessarily transfer to individual players.
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:53 AM   #27
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

When I hear the name Steven Garcia I instantly think of our first SEC division championship. Spurrier era teams have all been about championships. We have one so far. Garcia piloted that team just like Tommy Suggs piloted our only ACC champion team. Dylan Thompson may give us our second. But perhaps USC never wins another in its history. I'm glad Garcia chose USC.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:05 AM   #28
bhusc2002
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

bhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot materialbhusc2002 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to bhusc2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
Steven Garcia brought us our only SEC division championship. He is one of the best QBs ever to play at USC. Some say he is the best QB ever to play here. Even the great Connor Shaw couldn't bring home a championship. 11-2 is nice but 10-2 with a championship is better. I'd be more concerned about welcoming Garcia back to Columbia than Sterling Sharpe. He did more for USC than any other USC QB in its history. So what if he left a few games early from a pidly mistake? So what???? He won a championship folks. Admit it! If he had broke his finger and missed the last few games of his college career instead of breaking a rule we would be talking about a statue for him rather than insulting the guy.
Except that our final record was 9-5 that year.
bhusc2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:13 AM   #29
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 997672
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

I don't consider the east div a championship really. It's better than we've ever done but the championship was played and we got blown out. I liked him but always thought his style of play didn't fit the piss poor OLs we had then. The guy got hammered on the field almost as much as he did off it.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:27 AM   #30
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 765832
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUSCMike View Post
Loyalty to the university and it's teams doesn't necessarily transfer to individual players.

Nor the university to its past players....hope Tanner and Pastides get that fixed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:30 AM   #31
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Congrats to Stephen and I wish him nothing but good luck in his future endeavors. Hopefully this will be a stepping stone to greater things. He is a Gamecock and people should try to remember all the good things he did here instead of harping on the bad. He got us our first SEC East title, beat #1 Bama, and never lost to Clemson just to name a few.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:32 AM   #32
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29792600
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

I would hope we could avoid another bash session that will lead back to every one if his transgressions, and ultimately what Eric Hymans alms mater was.

He made mistakes, he's moving on with his life. Some if y'all should, too.

I think he should have some interesting insights. Congrats to Stephen.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:18 AM   #33
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
I would hope we could avoid another bash session ....
And avoid another undue embellishment session as well....tit for tat.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:28 AM   #34
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Just a reminder this thread is about him becoming a commentator for SDS lol So, anyone have an opinion on that?
Yea, that site sucks.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:48 AM   #35
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I guess he's giving up on playing football and trying his hand in journalism. Good luck with that.
FanofCarolina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:51 AM   #36
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Cool. I'm personally excited to hear some of his insights.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:03 AM   #37
burr
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
burr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spursburr has earned his spurs

Im a big Garcia fan and was kinda following him thru websites (like the AFL Tampa site) and noticed probably a month ago his status with the team. No further press or announcement other than his roster status, which was something like cut for reasons other than football or physical injury. I kept waiting to see something here, nothing was started (and I know better than to bring his name up), his Twitter feed says nothing except everyday type stuff. His account did mention a trip to the Bahamas or such during the time frame of his departure from footbal but ive seen nothing about his status with Tampa.

GoodLuckGarcia !
burr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:10 AM   #38
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

I am a big fan!
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:38 AM   #39
cock13
An illusion, Michael

Male

CockyCash: 51250
cock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
I'd buy him a beer, but wouldn't introduce him to my daughter.
No need. He's already met your daughter.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:39 AM   #40
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Let the judgments begin

I'll speed things up:

1 we all did it
2 you did it, I did it
3 It's Hyman's fault
4 We'll always have Alabama
5 What could have been
6 He played hurt
7 coulda woulda shoulda
8 It's nobody elses fault but his
9 I wish him well

We can just pick one and move on, like a Chinese menu, just post the appropriate number, saves time
You can never go wrong with #3.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote