CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
cocksmith1or11
Badazcock
Gamecockswag
Regalcock
conwaycock2
The Yancey
ESPN Game Day Commen (1196)
Simple "yes&quo (1064)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (835)
Phil Steele just pre (743)
The Comeback & T (728)
TeMarcus Blanton (516)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (511)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Garcia: Change the R (464)
Wallpaper & Back (226)
Phil Steele just predicte
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Best place to watch the g
Simple "yes" or
Where in Seattle
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 Commitment - Sherrod
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ A
2016 - Avery McCall

Old 06-23-2014, 12:52 AM   #1
QueenCityCockFan
1/2-Star Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 400
QueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudly
Send a message via Skype™ to QueenCityCockFan
Default World Cup in Charlotte?

Anyone know of any good place in Charlotte to watch the US-Germany game on Thursday? Will be in town for the Hornets court unveiling, but want a place to watch the game before heading over.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:39 AM   #2
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: World Cup in Charlotte?

I thought this was going to be one of those "if charlotte can host the democratic convention then we can host a Super Bowl and a World Cup!"

But seriously, I don't know. I'm not from charlotte but I bet you can find a Buffalo Wild Wings. There's probably some local sports bars but I don't know of any
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 02:28 AM   #3
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

^ Same, i thought he was going to make a case for the World Cup coming to Charlotte.
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:25 AM   #4
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Hey, if they take it away from Qatar....
Old 06-23-2014, 06:29 AM   #5
Mr. Burns
No Soul

Male

CockyCash: 447110
Mr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot material

Hooligans is the place to go. Get there early.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:10 AM   #6
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Tyber Creek Pub in Southend!

Here's a picture from yesterday
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:28 AM   #7
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

As mentioned above Hooligans and Tyber Creek but also Jackalope Jacks will be hopping too. The local sports shows have been hosting events there.

Hooligans is uptown do you could walk to the arena afterwards. Tyber creek in south end and jackalope jacks in elizabeth are uptown adjacent.

Last edited by gamecockphan; 06-23-2014 at 08:42 AM.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #8
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Wherever you end up, have one for me. I'll be stuck in the office in Southend. =/
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:38 PM   #9
QueenCityCockFan
1/2-Star Recruit

Male

QueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudlyQueenCityCockFan is crowing loudly

I knew I'd get more responses with a title like that . But thanks everyone for the tips, Im sure i'll end up around one of those.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:26 AM   #10
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

Hooligans no if ands or buts about it. They actually have a viewing area set up outside from what I've seen from their facebook page. MASSIVE crowds, they even made a national newspaper.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:45 AM   #11
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

^^^^^

Hooligans is where the Outlaws meet. I talked to a guy yesterday when I stopped by Tyber Creek to watch the 2nd half of Chile/Holland. He said he was at Hooligans for USA/Portugal and that it was a blast, however - he also said that the screen position was a little low and that you had to stand the entire time time. People got there 3 hrs before the match to get the best seats.

Tyber Creek has an outdoor viewing area and TVs downstairs and upstaris in the bar. Not sure what the scene at Jackalopes is like.

It all depends on whatyou are looking for in your viewing experience.

I'm meeting my wife for lunch that day at a bar that will be lively but not packed and that has a ton of TV. We can eat lunch, and get a beer but not be caught up in the craziness that comes with the vieiwing parties. I have to go back to the office after the game and do not wish to be covered in beer (which will happen if the US scores)
Old 06-24-2014, 12:10 PM   #12
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Yeah I had a good shower of beer on Sunday when Dempsey pelvic thrusted that ball into the net!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2014, 12:31 PM   #13
QueenCityCockFan
1/2-Star Recruit

Male

I might just have to settle for using Arena Wi-fi and watching on WatchESPN. Hopefully we make Round of 16 so I can get to one of these parties.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:41 PM   #14
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCityCockFan View Post
I might just have to settle for using Arena Wi-fi and watching on WatchESPN. Hopefully we make Round of 16 so I can get to one of these parties.

They are so worth it. The pure excitement around them when the USA scores alone is worth it. Hugging everybody and anybody around you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2014, 04:12 PM   #15
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenCityCockFan View Post

Fitzgeralds Pub on the corner of 5th and College is directly beside the arena. It has a ton of TVs. It's always full during March Madness on work days, I'm sure there will be a good day time crowd for USMNT game.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:28 PM   #16
eggroll
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 50000
eggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talonseggroll has developed his gaff and talons

Big Ben's across the street from Tyber Creek is another soccer bar. A lot of Arsenal fans hang out there.
eggroll is offline   Reply With Quote