CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Latti
usc1
kingofnerf
FanofCarolina1
Seladen
Gamecocks1137
The Yancey
**USC vs. Clemson GA (4978)
looks like we have 2 (1894)
Decommitment from Te (858)
Beat Miami (767)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (578)
Cleveland Browns Hea (573)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (573)
Frank Martin's Game (566)
Garcia and Clemsux T (566)
Need a dog kennel (202)
Previewing Clemson
looks like we have 2 OL r
Four USC Basketball Games
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
2015 - Mark Fields
2015 - Jeremiah Dinson -
Tanner McEvoy to start fo
Bowl packages
So, why is next year goin
Cleveland Browns Headshot

Old 06-23-2014, 03:51 AM   #41
TerryP
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
TerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: No sacks=undefeated, maybe 1 loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
Cause I think with this being one of our best offensive lines, Dylan will have a great year, we'll see. The Auburn game last year should show you especially anything is possible.
Having a good offensive line leading to a QB having a great year isn't unrealistic. It affects several facets of offensive production other than how well a player like Dylan will perform. Imagining, and hoping for, that success isn't a stretch of the imagination.

You're absolutely right that anything is possible in collegiate football. However, using a single play in one game and then stretching its impact to a 12 game regular season is beginning to stretch the fabric the premise of this thread is sewn upon.

The numbers over the last two years in SEC play demonstrate a low number of sacks doesn't equal fewer losses. The numbers in NCAA play—using the last two national champions as example—tell the same story.

Closer to home...

2011 was a 11-2 year for UofSC: 2009 a seven win season. There's a total of a six sack differential separating those two seasons; 30 to 36.
TerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:54 AM   #42
garnet&black1998rn
Recruit

Male

garnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan View Post
Call me crazy, but if we don't turn the ball over, I feel that we can win some games this year.
BU which team are you referring too?
Old 06-23-2014, 08:59 AM   #43
Helicopter Cock
To impress a chick

Male

Helicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervousHelicopter Cock is making other chickens nervous

I read this entire thread
Helicopter Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:53 AM   #44
TheUniversityofSC
NSA Agent

Male

TheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCockyfan View Post
Call me crazy, but if we don't turn the ball over, I feel that we can win some games this year.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:02 AM   #45
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicopter Cock View Post
This made me chuckle.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:16 AM   #46
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114054578
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet&black1998rn View Post
BU which team are you referring too?
that is a good question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicopter Cock View Post
I did too.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:09 PM   #47
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

I think a better indicator of achieving big things for this team this season will be the creation of turnovers and actually scoring after doing so.

No one stat dictates championships, but that was one of the biggest recurring gripes for us last season. The season before that, we did a pretty good job creating turnovers and scores from them.

Then again, the W/L column result was the same...

I hate the off season.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote