CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GamecockGuardsman
uscnoklahoma
Coulwoodwarlord
TheMule
FireAntD84
FlorenceCock
Cockhornleghorn
Regalcock
Order 66
Cockypantherfan
**GAME #2 USC vs. Ge (4297)
NCAAB Coaching Carou (385)
We HAVE been to the (383)
ND - Kentucky Elite (383)
Anyone know who's vi (249)
NCAA Could Change Gr (234)
College Lacrosse (178)
Benefits Of Suppleme (42)
From I am came from (20)
your body yeah-absol (6)
2015 NCAA Women's Tournam
QB Competition Open Until
NCAA Pickem
South Carolina at Georgia
ND - Kentucky Elite 8
The Pucker Butt Pepper Co
We HAVE been to the Final
Return To Mediocrity?
2016 - Javon Kinlaw
**GAME #2 USC vs. Georgia

View Poll Results: Recruiting vs Coaching?
Recruiting 6 9.23%
Coaching 59 90.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 04:13 PM   #7781
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rooster'srule rules the CockPitRooster'srule rules the CockPitRooster'srule rules the CockPitRooster'srule rules the CockPitRooster'srule rules the CockPitRooster'srule rules the CockPitRooster'srule rules the CockPitRooster'srule rules the CockPitRooster'srule rules the CockPitRooster'srule rules the CockPitRooster'srule rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2015 Commitment - Jaire Alexander

Welcome Jaire!
Old 06-23-2014, 04:47 PM   #7782
carolinacocky
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPitcarolinacocky rules the CockPit

Gamecock central has a free commitment interview on their site. Jaire seems like a confident, focused young man... well spoken. Glad to have him aboard.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:02 PM   #7783
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Looks like a sleeper.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 06-23-2014, 05:04 PM   #7784
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Damon Arnette

If he commits I imagine that will wrap up DB recruiting for this cycle.
Alexander, Fields, Wilder and Arnette. Looks like a solid group to go with Green, Lammons, Smith, Harris Jr. and Smalls.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 06-23-2014, 05:26 PM   #7785
rioninusc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000556
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilchicken2 View Post
Huh? Tell me what Spurrier is doing.
He's playing golf in Augusta. He just got 3 over par on the 12th hole, and doing this right now.

Dabo came to golf, but brought a baseball bat , and spurrier is

Welcome to the Gamecocks Jaire
Old 06-23-2014, 06:28 PM   #7786
lchite4
4-Star

Male

lchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2015 - Jalen Thompson

Set to announce soon per TBS. Anyone know the date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2014, 06:36 PM   #7787
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

CB from Wes on 247 for Carolina!
Old 06-23-2014, 06:41 PM   #7788
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1000032205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

With the majority of CB to Florida, Miss St and Kentucky, he says he will decide this Friday and it's between us and South Alabama. He visited both schools last week. Wes Mitchell just put in a CB to us.

This is interesting with Alexander committing to us today and Arnette likely to do the same tonight. This is a 4* CB from Mobile, Alabama. Tony Morrell has confirmed we will take 5 DB's in this class......Thompson would be #5 (Fields, Wilder, Alexander, Arnette (assuming he picks us tonight).
Old 06-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #7789
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 46443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
With the majority of CB to Florida, Miss St and Kentucky, he says he will decide this Friday and it's between us and South Alabama. He visited both schools last week. Wes Mitchell just put in a CB to us.

This is interesting with Alexander committing to us today and Arnette likely to do the same tonight. This is a 4* CB from Mobile, Alabama. Tony Morrell has confirmed we will take 5 DB's in this class......Thompson would be #5 (Fields, Wilder, Alexander, Arnette (assuming he picks us tonight).
Interesting that the CB projections were so strongly towards UF, then to UK, but it's now between us and South Alabama??

Actually I saw after the first week of June he dropped UF as a favorite, even though 247sports still have them tied with UK as a favorite. But those are mostly based on old CB picks back in April and May, if not earlier....
Old 06-23-2014, 06:59 PM   #7790
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Interesting that the CB projections were so strongly towards UF, then to UK, but it's now between us and South Alabama??

Actually I saw after the first week of June he dropped UF as a favorite, even though 247sports still have them tied with UK as a favorite. But those are mostly based on old CB picks back in April and May, if not earlier....
Yea, it is a little strange, but good.....if Arnette and Thompson commit to us this week, we're done at DB.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:04 PM   #7791
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

The al.com article I read where it was indicated that Thompson dropped UF due to their heavy depth at CB concerns me. Surely he's seen 2 of our last 3 commitments come from DBs, and there's a possible additional DB commitment later tonight. I hope our own large Db class doesn't scare him away....
Old 06-23-2014, 07:11 PM   #7792
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Quote:
The al.com article I read where it was indicated that Thompson dropped UF due to their heavy depth at CB concerns me. Surely he's seen 2 of our last 3 commitments come from DBs, and there's a possible additional DB commitment later tonight. I hope our own large Db class doesn't scare him away....
Dont kid yourself Florida has 5 stars backing up 5 stars backing up 5 stars. Plus Hargreaves is there, so 1 corner spot is locked down.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:11 PM   #7793
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
I don't know UF's situation but when I read "depth" that does not include the high school pledges. He should feel very confident about competing against other incoming freshman.......that same feeling may not be their when challenging upper classmen.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:12 PM   #7794
jrussjr
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 100000
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:

If competition scared him away from the swamp and may scare him away from here, then S. Ala May be where he needs to be..JMO

Old 06-23-2014, 08:16 PM   #7795
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
If he commits I imagine that will wrap up DB recruiting for this cycle.
Alexander, Fields, Wilder and Arnette. Looks like a solid group to go with Green, Lammons, Smith, Harris Jr. and Smalls.
and Jalen Thompson if he commits to us on Friday.....that would make 5 DB's
Old 06-23-2014, 08:51 PM   #7796
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
and Jalen Thompson if he commits to us on Friday.....that would make 5 DB's
Now 6 DBs?? Although I guess Johnson would be an ATH, but he's probably going to play somewhere in the secondary....
Old 06-23-2014, 08:51 PM   #7797
Harris7x
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 575
Harris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his combHarris7x is developing his comb

Considering our 5 DBish style...thats just fine.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:03 PM   #7798
gamecockclint
Blue Chip

Male

gamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudlygamecockclint is crowing loudly

What time is he supposed to commit tonight?
Old 06-23-2014, 09:21 PM   #7799
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

So if he's an EE and considering the guys that didn't make the grade for the 2014 class he'll be a count back, right?

Old 06-23-2014, 09:24 PM   #7800
jrussjr
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 100000
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
So if he's an EE and considering the guys that didn't make the grade for the 2014 class he'll be a count back, right?

Yep, as I understand it, that is the way the shell game is played....works in our favor!!

Closed Thread