CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
l^l^lBGCock
jrussjr
COCKYTALKIN
gamecockgal
Clowneygotcha
eightohhthree
A. Pilgrim
spareparts
Gamecocks1137
Acock's Wrap Up: Geo (2215)
Elliott Fry crushes (2058)
No Gurley near the g (1547)
Tired of night games (1356)
Photos of fans befor (985)
20 of 31 former play (969)
The SEC East schedul (948)
Cooper (888)
Been a pleasure talk (750)
Coach Elliott pregam (732)
Georgia Visitors List - u
Elliott Fry crushes Clems
ESPN USC campaign poster
Tired of night games
If (big IF) we can win bi
Well, as it turns out, we
Next years RB situation
Verne lundquist
2014-15 Premier League se
What the heck is up with

Old 06-23-2014, 09:47 PM   #1
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material
Default UNC Cover Up Almost Complete

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/06/...=Breaking_News

The one man that could have hurt UNC by taking the stand under oath, and thus requiring other UNC people to take the stand under oath, is likely going to get his charges dropped and UNC will walk, laughing at everyone.
--------------------------------
USC should no longer play UNC, in any sport, unless in NCAA playoff or bowls games where it is required and will not play them in our game in Charlotte in 2015 (nor pay the buyout), unless the NCAA drops their very suspicious and obvious bias over the most blatant, long running, and varied series of cheating schemes that benefitted "student-athletes" in NCAA and American sports history. It should also call for the immediate resignation of Mark Emmert for inept and highly suspicious actions in regards to various NCAA member schools under investigation, but with particular emphasis on its hands off, double standard attitude toward UNC. It should also request that other SEC, ACC schools, and other NCAA member programs follow its lead in boycotting UNC and calling for the resignation of Mark Emmert. Until these steps are properly and fully addressed, the NCAA no longer has authority over member schools.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:38 PM   #2
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit
Default Re: UNC Cover Up Almost Complete

The biggest rat usually gets off light.
Any teacher who was paid to teach a course that didn't meet is committing a form of system embezzlement. The victim is the tax payer. Apparently though Americans have come to ignore dishonest government.
The NCAA is becoming muted by the large, powerful big conferences loaded with money.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:39 PM   #3
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Nobody will do that because that will just put a target on the schools back for the NCAA. The biggest problem with the NCAA is not their bylaws but their lack of consistent enforcement.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:02 PM   #4
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Nobody will do that because that will just put a target on the schools back for the NCAA. The biggest problem with the NCAA is not their bylaws but their lack of consistent enforcement.
When the NCAA tries that crap, tell them to pound sand and leave before you throw them off campus.

The NCAA member schools (and I am looking at the SEC) to stand up to the NCAA. When it is so crooked and so obvious, you no longer obey it, you decide what happens at that point.

When UNC is punished and treated like every other school, then we'll talk.

Best thing to do is dissolve the NCAA and start over...if...any honest people are out there to run it. How about Condi Rice? She loves sports.

Last edited by brat; 06-23-2014 at 11:15 PM.
brat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 05:33 AM   #5
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
any honest people are out there to run it. How about Condi Rice? She loves sports.
That's funny.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:59 AM   #6
HelleraisingCock
Team Optimist

Male

CockyCash: 12725
HelleraisingCock has feathers coming inHelleraisingCock has feathers coming inHelleraisingCock has feathers coming in

"Tea Party takes over NCAA" what a great headline
Old 06-24-2014, 08:00 AM   #7
HelleraisingCock
Team Optimist

Male

CockyCash: 12725
HelleraisingCock has feathers coming inHelleraisingCock has feathers coming inHelleraisingCock has feathers coming in

Or we can always stage an occupy rally on the front lawn of the main ncaa office. I'm sure Al Sharpton would get in on it.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:08 AM   #8
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

It would take a civil suit by another NCAA institution at this point.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:10 AM   #9
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
That's funny.
Rice would be a great pick to lead anything, from the country to an athletic department in my opinion. Just my opinion though.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:06 PM   #10
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

There's nothing to cover up. Everyone knows that academic fraud is rampant in college sports. UNC was not great at concealing it obviously, but it happens to different degrees almost everywhere. Is anyone shocked to find this out?

No one is going to do anything about it. People are apathetic when it comes to sports and education.

USC has held Columbia, SC hostage for years as the big dog in town, and only source of revenue. Money controls it all folks. There is no conspiracy, it's right in front of us.

/end rant
HeadCockFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:45 PM   #11
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
There's nothing to cover up. Everyone knows that academic fraud is rampant in college sports. UNC was not great at concealing it obviously, but it happens to different degrees almost everywhere. Is anyone shocked to find this out?

No one is going to do anything about it. People are apathetic when it comes to sports and education.

USC has held Columbia, SC hostage for years as the big dog in town, and only source of revenue. Money controls it all folks. There is no conspiracy, it's right in front of us.

/end rant
Funny, people are trying to do something about it right now but it appears politics in NC is putting up obstacles along the way.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #12
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Rice would be a great pick to lead anything, from the country to an athletic department in my opinion. Just my opinion though.
I think they mean since she is in politics, or that she never played football. Everyone knows how truthful Politicians are.

Possible solution is to have every school get a vote in the process, and have unbiased detectives do a case. For instance if BAMA gets caught in a scandal, have investigators with no ties to the SEC conduct the investigation.

Then after the case is finished, bring the evidence to the voters, and state the case with the evidence, and their opinion of the matter if the school is guilty.

After that let the voting take place if they are guilty or not, all non SEC members vote. Each rule broken carries an even sentence, and yeah the death penalty would be a possibility.

Also another thing I would rather see is instead of the school getting punished is having the players/Coaches get punished as well. If the school was in on it like UNC then all parties get hit hard. For cases like Southern Cal, and Reggie Bush, have Pete Caroll, and Bush pay the crime instead of the school and program. Fine them, and ban them from College sports for an amount of time. Yeah everyone deserves a second chance, but the third time is when you're out forever.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:20 PM   #13
St. Louis Gamecock
Recruit

Male

St. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
^^^ That's funny - part 2!
St. Louis Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:56 PM   #14
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

As a lifelong Dukie I hope they get the DP.
(Jk I'm not a Dukie)
Old 06-24-2014, 01:58 PM   #15
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Double post
Old 06-24-2014, 02:33 PM   #16
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
I think they mean since she is in politics, or that she never played football. Everyone knows how truthful Politicians are.

Possible solution is to have every school get a vote in the process, and have unbiased detectives do a case. For instance if BAMA gets caught in a scandal, have investigators with no ties to the SEC conduct the investigation.

Then after the case is finished, bring the evidence to the voters, and state the case with the evidence, and their opinion of the matter if the school is guilty.

After that let the voting take place if they are guilty or not, all non SEC members vote. Each rule broken carries an even sentence, and yeah the death penalty would be a possibility.

Also another thing I would rather see is instead of the school getting punished is having the players/Coaches get punished as well. If the school was in on it like UNC then all parties get hit hard. For cases like Southern Cal, and Reggie Bush, have Pete Caroll, and Bush pay the crime instead of the school and program. Fine them, and ban them from College sports for an amount of time. Yeah everyone deserves a second chance, but the third time is when you're out forever.
Don't think that would work. Too much incentive for the other schools to always vote for the punishment, regardless of if punishment is warranted. For your Alabama example, say a possible punishment was not being eligible for postseason play. I bet there would be enough votes to ban them from the postseason just because it's Alabama and not give any merit to the case brought before them. The teams at the top of the polls especially have incentive to do this each and every time. I may be jaded, but I don't trust people to do the right thing in college athletics anymore.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:21 PM   #17
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
Don't think that would work. Too much incentive for the other schools to always vote for the punishment, regardless of if punishment is warranted. For your Alabama example, say a possible punishment was not being eligible for postseason play. I bet there would be enough votes to ban them from the postseason just because it's Alabama and not give any merit to the case brought before them. The teams at the top of the polls especially have incentive to do this each and every time. I may be jaded, but I don't trust people to do the right thing in college athletics anymore.
Yeah just an idea haha. You're not jaded it's how the world is. If you have money, and connections, you can do what you want, the rest of us has to keep our noses clean. Heck even the investigation crew could be bribed by the school in question.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:30 PM   #18
St. Louis Gamecock
Recruit

Male

St. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
As a lifelong Dukie I hope they get the DP.
(Jk I'm not a Dukie)
Me, too - next to the Cocks, I love the Dukies!

Last edited by St. Louis Gamecock; 06-24-2014 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Delete message
St. Louis Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:07 PM   #19
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 88700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Louis Gamecock View Post

LOL!
cockinraleigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:13 PM   #20
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Louis Gamecock View Post
You got punk'd