CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ahmad
ChickenButt
Cockypantherfan
cocky-K
HeadCockFan
eightohhthree
jrussjr
markp_vip
roosterdude21
Mizzou Depth Chart v (1989)
Defense not an issue (1949)
Legitimate, Unbiased (1428)
Antonio Allen vs Als (1428)
Cack's Toast of the (1311)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardi (1236)
why we're in this po (1089)
I guess we don't get (1070)
Pharoh Cooper is a s (781)
Look who's at the bo (741)
official UFC thread. (new
Ex-player sues Southern C
Gameday Sign Ideas
Acock's Wrap Up: Vandy
Pharoh Cooper is a stud
2016 - Bryan Edwards
Predict the Season (After
Spurrier Press conference
2015 Commitment - Arden K
Acockolypse Now.........

Old 06-24-2014, 11:20 AM   #1
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
IMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot material
Default Lebron is a free-agent

Didn't see posted already

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...artner=ya5nbcs
IMACOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:24 AM   #2
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453
Default Re: Lebron is a free-agent

"We were never Miami fans anyway." - Miami Heat "fans"

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

If I were Lebron James I would want to play for Thibedeau (sp) or Popovich. They are the modern day equivalent to Riley and Jackson in my opinion.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:28 AM   #4
carolinafan53186
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

carolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot material

Doesn't mean he's leaving

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-24-2014, 11:30 AM   #5
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his claws

It's not surprising to me. I think he wants to stay in Miami, but needs Bosh and Wade to both opt out and take less money so they can add another mid-level player. If Wade opts in, or opts out but wants a max deal Lebron may leave as Wade really holds the cards. Bosh has said he's willing to take less $ to keep everyone together. Wade is the wildcard
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:30 AM   #6
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Here's what LeBron should do:

Convince Cavs to trade their pick down to Utah, so Utah can get Mormon Parker. They in return get Derrick Favors and 5th pick Julius Randle. Then sign LeBron. Starting lineup would be sick.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:33 AM   #7
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Wade has already restructured his deal I think. He took less money but for two extra years.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:33 AM   #8
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
If I were Lebron James I would want to play for Thibedeau (sp) or Popovich. They are the modern day equivalent to Riley and Jackson in my opinion.
As a life long Spurs fan I say, Hell NO we don't want Lebron.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:36 AM   #9
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
As a life long Spurs fan I say, Hell NO we don't want Lebron.
You can say that, but if Popovich could get him he would say absolutely. Popovich's coaching with Lebron's natural talent, that would be insane.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:37 AM   #10
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Somewhere out west I'm guessing.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:38 AM   #11
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
You can say that, but if Popovich could get him he would say absolutely. Popovich's coaching with Lebron's natural talent, that would be insane.
Pop would never go after him. Lebron does not fit.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:39 AM   #12
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Bring him to Charlotte to be a Hornet!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:49 AM   #13
carolinafan53186
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

carolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
Pop would never go after him. Lebron does not fit.
Are you kidding? Lebron is an elite defender and passer. He would fit in perfectly with the spurs.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:57 AM   #14
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 375
jrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPitjrussjr rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
Bring him to Charlotte to be a Hornet!
Would not fit, his ego is bigger than the city!
jrussjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:58 AM   #15
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Here's what LeBron should do:

Convince Cavs to trade their pick down to Utah, so Utah can get Mormon Parker. They in return get Derrick Favors and 5th pick Julius Randle. Then sign LeBron. Starting lineup would be sick.
I ran the numbers, and it works well.

Cavs guaranteed contracts in millions next year:

6.3 Jack
7.5 Kyrie
5.5 Bennett
5.4 Thompson
3.9 Waiters
1.6 Tyler Zeller
1.5 Karasev
= 31.7

Add Lebron ~20 mil
Add Favors ~7 and Randle ~3.5
= additional 30.5-32

Gets it to ~62 million and still under the cap of 66.5. That leaves 4-5 million to fill out the roster, or even more if they wanna dip into the luxury tax like Boston did.

Option on Varajao (9.8), Gee (3.2) and Hopson (2.4). Gee and Hopson aren't needed, but if they could also keep Varajao, they'd have all they would need.

Starters with under the cap roster:
Kyrie
Waiters
Lebron
Randle
Favors

Next five:
Jarrett Jack
Karasev (who?)
Tristan Thompson
Anthony Bennett (fmr number 1 pick)
Tyler Zeller

That lineup could make a run. It would be very sick with Varejao in the starting 5, and Ray Allen on a minimum contract.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:00 PM   #16
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Should go to Chicago and play with Rose and Melo.

Not that that has any chance of happening but it would be cool.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:02 PM   #17
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinafan53186 View Post
Are you kidding? Lebron is an elite defender and passer. He would fit in perfectly with the spurs.

I am not kidding. Lebron doesn't fit, SAS are about team basketball. Lebron would want to ball too much. Doesn't fit with the Spurs. Their leading scorer averaged 16 points, Lebron-27 last year. SAS is about mutiple guys playing as one. IMO Lebron does not fit.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:04 PM   #18
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly
Default Lebron is a free-agent

Hornets!!! Kemba and Bron would be sweet to see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2014, 12:06 PM   #19
TheManInBlack
Recruit

TheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervousTheManInBlack is making other chickens nervous

I bet he will stay in Miami. He just wants to make sure he opts out so he CAN move if he sees all of the other stars going somewhere else.
TheManInBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:09 PM   #20
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Should go to Chicago and play with Rose and Melo.

Not that that has any chance of happening but it would be cool.

Is Rose even going to play again?