CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
WeStillOwnUSC
Ole Gregg
CockyCody
G&B
Regalcock
johnnyb
b381l
kingoftheroost
trapper82
infinite1
Spurrier: Davis May (6291)
Devonte Holloman Ret (1828)
an apology (1229)
First "Carolina (1100)
Our players and the (967)
Article on Shaw & (832)
Aggie looking forwar (813)
JD & DJ Getting (807)
Cockaboose Owners (807)
I'm thinking we're g (574)
texags
Connor Shaw Browns
Lattimore Tidbit
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Devonte Holloman Retiring
First "Carolina Call
***2014 Carolina Panthers
and the #1 2014 acc must
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Watch ESPN app on Xbox On

Old 06-24-2014, 07:44 PM   #81
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material
Default Re: Lebron is a free-agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
I am not kidding. Lebron doesn't fit, SAS are about team basketball. Lebron would want to ball too much. Doesn't fit with the Spurs. Their leading scorer averaged 16 points, Lebron-27 last year. SAS is about mutiple guys playing as one. IMO Lebron does not fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
LeBron is the ultimate team player, he also averaged more assists then any player on the Spurs, James is a good fit for any basketball team and to think differently is just being blind!
Quote:
Right he had more assists because SAS uses a ton of players. Sorry I do not see him as a fit.

Anyone else see an argument fallacy here?
Old 06-24-2014, 07:51 PM   #82
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PageUSC View Post
No, that was talked about as an option but Wade still has to decide to opt in or opt out.

If he's opts in for his final 2 years on that deal with over $20 mil each year that's horrible for the Heat. Restricts their ability to add a good player. And it pays Wade who is nothing but a role player now close to max $. LeBron could leave then
I heard it on a top of the hour update I thought it was a done deal. Thanks for the heads up.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:59 PM   #83
Who
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 909259
Who has earned his spursWho has earned his spursWho has earned his spursWho has earned his spursWho has earned his spursWho has earned his spurs

Why not just embrace being the hated one and come to Philly. The Lebron haters would have a field day
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:49 PM   #84
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
I heard it on a top of the hour update I thought it was a done deal. Thanks for the heads up.
You're welcome. I think Wade and Bosh both have to make their decisions within a week.

The best thing for the Heat is if Bosh and Wade both opt out along with James. Reports are that Bosh will opt out and take less $ to stay in Miami.

Wade really holds the cards here though because he has a difficult decision to make. Opt in and get the large amount he is owed and risk losing Lebron and any chance to get back to the Finals. If he opts out he knows he will never get close to a max deal ever again because he is just a role player now. Broussard reported that on the open market Wade could only get like 3 years 30 million.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:59 PM   #85
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
He still did not opt out and take less money...that is a myth! He did sign an 8 year deal that he did not ask to renegotiate but was paid in full while playing baseball and received back to back 1 year 30 and 33 million dollar deals to end his career in Chicago.
I never said he opted out...
Old 06-24-2014, 10:17 PM   #86
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
I believe that falls under shifting sands.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:34 PM   #87
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

"LeBron would want the ball too much" after a Finals in which he "didn't want the ball enough".

The narrative changes constantly. The guy can't win.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:07 PM   #88
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 0
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Well let's just hope he draws this out and televises the announcement like last time. That way we get to relive it every time a HS athlete makes their choice of where to play college ball.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:18 AM   #89
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
You misunderstood my point there. The Spurs play a ton of guys each night, therefore their stat lines are not huge like others. They had 9 guys ave close to 20 minutes per game. Lebron ave 37 minutes a game, 8 minutes more per game than Parker who lead the Spurs in assists.

So do you think Lebron would cut his minutes? No player on SAS averaged more than 29 minutes per game.

Look Lebron is a great player, but there are some teams he would be a great fit for, and some he would not.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:35 AM   #90
palmettosc
hypnotoad

Male

CockyCash: 1200
palmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot material

Quote:
You misunderstood my point there. The Spurs play a ton of guys each night, therefore their stat lines are not huge like others. They had 9 guys ave close to 20 minutes per game. Lebron ave 37 minutes a game, 8 minutes more per game than Parker who lead the Spurs in assists.

So do you think Lebron would cut his minutes? No player on SAS averaged more than 29 minutes per game.

Look Lebron is a great player, but there are some teams he would be a great fit for, and some he would not.
Why wouldn't he cut his minutes to lengthen his career? As for the assists, Lebron averaged 6.1 per 36 minutes while Parker averaged 7.0 last year. Career is 6.3 Lebron 6.6 Parker. I think its fair to say he's at least as good a passer seeing as he has comparable assist totals despite playing the 3 or 4 versus the 1.
palmettosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:40 AM   #91
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Never said Lebron was not agood passer, the point made earlies was he averaged more assists than anyone on the Spurs, which was true there is a reason behind it.

I do not think Lebron is the type who would sit for long periods and be happy about it. I just don't see him as a fit for the Spurs.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:47 AM   #92
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

I think Lebron would cut minutes during the regular season to preserve himself for the playoffs and lengthen his career.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:48 AM   #93
carolinafan53186
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

carolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot materialcarolinafan53186 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Never said Lebron was not agood passer, the point made earlies was he averaged more assists than anyone on the Spurs, which was true there is a reason behind it.

I do not think Lebron is the type who would sit for long periods and be happy about it. I just don't see him as a fit for the Spurs.
He is a very intelligent player and would love the way the spurs do things

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-25-2014, 11:16 AM   #94
palmettosc
hypnotoad

Male

CockyCash: 1200
palmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot material

Quote:

My point is that when you go to the per 36 minutes stat he's still on par with Parker, so the more minutes reason falls flat. Why on earth would Lebron have a problem sitting and lengthening his career? If you don't like him and don't want him on your team thats fine, but to say he wouldn't/couldn't fit is being dishonest.
palmettosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:26 AM   #95
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

You are really missing the fact that the Spurs do this model of substitution because they have a lot of older, veteran players who need more of a break. It wasn't like that when Duncan was younger. They adjust to the guys they have, and no one is better at it that Popovich.

You can believe he isn't a fit for the Spurs, I think the Spurs have proven to take the talent they have and maximize it. I think he would do very well, probably score less overall but have more assists per game. I think he might even average a triple double under Popovich.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:46 AM   #96
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

YouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPitYouCanNeverTell rules the CockPit

The only way that Lebron can keep from looking like a bigger douche would be to either stay in Miami for less money or go back to Cleveland. Jordan made the Bulls a great team. Lebron made Cleveland a playoff team. He couldn't maintain Miami with an aging roster. Maybe he can win at Cleveland now that they have more talent. Maybe he could maintain the success there better because they are younger.

Houston would be the only team that I think he could go to that could still be "his" team.
YouCanNeverTell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:18 AM   #97
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

LeBron can avoid douche-dom by simply avoiding theatrics for this decision. He can go anywhere, and those that despise him will continue to. More douche Miami fans will hate him if he leaves.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:28 AM   #98
Gyle41386
Explosivo

Male

CockyCash: 1450
Gyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot materialGyle41386 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gyle41386 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyle41386

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouCanNeverTell View Post
The only way that Lebron can keep from looking like a bigger douche would be to either stay in Miami for less money or go back to Cleveland. Jordan made the Bulls a great team. Lebron made Cleveland a playoff team. He couldn't maintain Miami with an aging roster. Maybe he can win at Cleveland now that they have more talent. Maybe he could maintain the success there better because they are younger.

Houston would be the only team that I think he could go to that could still be "his" team.
Acquiring Charles Oakley and drafting Horace Grant/Scottie Pippen in a two year span certainly didn't hurt. The Bulls weren't a .500 team until after that.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:29 AM   #99
Ahmad
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 356
Ahmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudly

The whole "The Decision" didn't bother me that much, but the folks at ESPN just ran with it. At least he raised a few million for the Boys and Girls Club from it.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:27 AM   #100
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Right, but they'd be trading longterm contracts that are relatively expensive to the Rockets in exchange. That doesn't really help Houston out very much. Lebron would not come into a situation where a team has no flexibility after the first year because of bad contracts. He is looking for his final stop, where they will be good for at least 3-5 years.
Houston just dealt Asik to New Orleans for a pick.