CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
b381l
Regalcock
mpilot0705
U-Dub Gamecock
Storm Of Spurs
talkincock
doubledribble
gamecockgal
catdaddy66
**USC vs. South Alab (18448)
Clemson (2350)
Drew Owens missing? (2262)
Question about after (1865)
Dylan Thompson surpa (1209)
Shaq Roland (1168)
FishFry 47-yarder (684)
clemson game time: N (653)
How about this scena (530)
Tenn-Mizzou game (346)
Clemson fan here
Clemson
Question about after the
Winston
Tenn-Mizzou game
Drew Owens missing?
UFC Fight Night 57: Frank
what I think ab ward
2014 Charleston Classic *
Gamecock Men Have Been Fa

Old 06-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #1
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material
Default NBA offseason thread, draft 6/26, free agency 7/1

nba draft thursday 7pm espn. kevin love seems to be the big trade name this offseason. golden state was the big suitor early with klay thompson and david lee being the main pieces headed to minnesota but the warriors have reportedly gotten cold feet as a good portion of their brass is opposed to trading klay thompson.

how far does embiid's medical issues cause him to drop. the speculation is anywhere from 4 to 10. cavs supposedly torn between taking parker or wiggins.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:22 PM   #2
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material
Default Re: NBA offseason thread, draft 6/26, free agency 7/1

I think Embiid and Randle will be busts.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:55 PM   #3
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 866
Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
nba draft thursday 7pm espn. kevin love seems to be the big trade name this offseason. golden state was the big suitor early with klay thompson and david lee being the main pieces headed to minnesota but the warriors have reportedly gotten cold feet as a good portion of their brass is opposed to trading klay thompson.

how far does embiid's medical issues cause him to drop. the speculation is anywhere from 4 to 10. cavs supposedly torn between taking parker or wiggins.
If you were the Cavs would you trade the #1 pick for K.Love?
Old 06-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #4
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs

I'm a Warriors fan. Last I heard the offer from Minnesota was:

David Lee, Klay Thompson, 2015 1st rd pick for

Kevin Love, Kevin Martin, JJ Barea

I would be 100% against that. In my opinion that trade favors the Wolves. With Love leaving either way after this next season they really don't have that much leverage. The Warriors should give up Lee, Barnes, 1st rd 2015 for Love & Barea. If the Wolves decline so be it. That's probably the best offer they are going to get and the Warriors can just wait until next season is over and sign Love as a free agent.
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:12 PM   #5
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
If you were the Cavs would you trade the #1 pick for K.Love?
No.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:16 PM   #6
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

Ahmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPitAhmad rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
No.
What if getting K.Love enhances the chances of signing LBJ?
Old 06-25-2014, 02:16 PM   #7
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i dont think i would reasons being i doubt he would sign an extension, youve gotta hope the no.1 pick has more upside than love and the no.1 pick would be on a rookie deal giving them cap space to make a trade down the line or convince a good free agent that cleveland is where they want to be unlikely as that may be.

itll be interesting to see who gets signed/traded first, lebron, melo, or love. if youre the cavs i dont think you'd make that move unless you know hes signing with you, just enhancing the odds wouldnt be enough for me.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:23 PM   #8
B-G
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot materialB-G is USC mascot material

Quote:
What if getting K.Love enhances the chances of signing LBJ?
I would want Lebron to sign a promissory Note first that says he will be coming to the Cavs if they sign Love.

But I agree with Crow, I think Parker or Wiggins have higher ceilings.
Sure it's a higher risk because you know what you're getting with Love and Parker or Wiggins could be busts, but the reward is higher.

Also the cap room will still be there to get Lebron with that first overall rookie.
B-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:28 PM   #9
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

Me personally I would take either Wiggins or Parker also. Just throwing out a notion some Cavs fans think.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:37 PM   #10
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

Jabari Parker's game reminds me of Paul Pierce
Old 06-25-2014, 02:38 PM   #11
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
I think Embiid and Randle will be busts.
To me Embiid is a mystery. I can see him being the best player in this draft and becoming the next star center in the league, but I can also see him becoming the next Bismack Biyombo.

I think Randle will be a solid role player. I think he's going to have problems on offense, but his defense and rebounding should be ok. With where he's going to be drafted, that might be considered a bust, but not everybody can be a star in the league.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #12
HeadCockFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Lebron's value is unmatched in American sports. Cleveland will go all out for him. LeBron wants Carmelo before Love. It all makes for high off-season stakes.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:48 PM   #13
HeadCockFan
Banned

Male

HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Jabari Parker's game reminds me of Paul Pierce
Jabari needs to work on his D to be as good as Pierce once was, and Pierce was only adequate on D.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:00 PM   #14
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Jabari needs to work on his D to be as good as Pierce once was, and Pierce was only adequate on D.
His lack of lateral quickness hurts him in perimeter D and he doesn't battle for position on the block.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:17 PM   #15
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I would love for Dallas to get Kevin Love to be heir to Dirk...but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

I have a feeling Cuban is going to make a big push for Anthony (which I really hope he doesn't).
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:20 PM   #16
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Kevin Love is a Top 10 player. Of course you make that trade if you're Cleveland.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:25 PM   #17
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Mavs can definitely afford both.
Especially since they would have to be trading for Love.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:34 PM   #18
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

haven't you guys had enough basketball for awhile. sheesh.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:44 PM   #19
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
To me Embiid is a mystery. I can see him being the best player in this draft and becoming the next star center in the league, but I can also see him becoming the next Bismack Biyombo.
i think embiid has more potential than greg oden ever had, but now there are legitimate concerns that hes going to turn into greg oden. if hes healthy i have little doubts he'll be great.

embiid had the back problem, now he has the foot problem, and i read concerns that those problems have or will create a potential knee issue. wiggins is probably the better immediate fit for cleveland, but they need to pick who they think is best because either irving or waiters is likely getting moved because their games dont mesh. who knows though, maybe their new coach blatt is a genius with all the answers.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:45 PM   #20
HeadCockFan
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Kevin Love is a Top 10 player. Of course you make that trade if you're Cleveland.
Top 10 big maybe.

This offseason will see some team hit the jackpot, a la the Celtics or Heat with their big 3. The free agent market is rich, and Cleveland has the most to deal away IMO. They have cap space, a top pick, and a bonafide star that is still on his first contract in Kyrie.

They could land two big names to go with Kyrie and still fill out a decent roster. I think trading Jabari or Wiggins down to Utah or Boston is the best way to get enough immediate value out of it and lure Lebron. I'd take Trey Burke and Gordon Heyward and that 4th pick for Jabari, and I think Utah wants Jabari. Then as Cleveland I draft Dante Exum or Vonleh, and try and lure Lebron and Love/Favors/Melo. They should be able to pull off something of that nature.