CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
The Yancey
IBleedGarnetandBlack
ReadR00ster
Spurticus
StormOfTalons
ZenUSC
gamecock88
HeadCockFan
M.C.
Nick Chubb (6385)
A&M on 3rd down (1639)
All of our defensive (1354)
Spurrier Presser (1292)
Uniform thread (1080)
Cack's Toast of the (1038)
louisville (1020)
Rankings (891)
Spurrier: Davis Will (812)
3-4 "D" Ke (601)
Jets Cut Tajh Boyd
Nick Chubb
Spurrier: Davis Will Be A
2015 - Amonte Caban
3-4 "D" Keep it
Rankings
Not a talent issue
Cack's Toast of the Game:
Uniform thread
Whiskey QB 2014

Old 06-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #1
treyno2722
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 918
treyno2722 is learning to pecktreyno2722 is learning to peck
Default SEC Network

Well, we are 64 days away from kickoff and how many people out there will have the SEC Network? I see the only carriers so far are AT&T U-Verse, Google Fiber and Dish are the only ones.
treyno2722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 476000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Network

I have Direct TV... I am waiting... But their time is running out
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:36 PM   #3
GamecockinBoulder
Recruit

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: 2nd place in 2007 Bowl Pickem 
CockyCash: 500
GamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spurs

Waiting on Comcast xfinity.....
Old 06-25-2014, 01:43 PM   #4
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Waiting on Time Warner. I think they will get it but it will be gameday before you know it
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #5
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyno2722 View Post
Well, we are 64 days away from kickoff and how many people out there will have the SEC Network? I see the only carriers so far are AT&T U-Verse, Google Fiber and Dish are the only ones.
Key period comes middle to end of July. If carriers don't have it then, they will have a hard time implementing it quickly enough to roll out for the early August programs.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:10 PM   #6
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

As a DirecTv subscriber, I still hold to what I said back whenever - there will be hand wringing and finger pointing on both sides how the greed of the TV provider/ESPN is keeping you from the programming you deserve, then with time just about out agreements will be reached and all will be fine
Old 06-25-2014, 04:11 PM   #7
YouCanNeverTell
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
YouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot materialYouCanNeverTell is USC mascot material

I have Dish. We were looking into changing back to TWC or either Direct TV but I'm waiting to make sure they'll get it.
YouCanNeverTell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #8
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockinBoulder View Post
Waiting on Comcast xfinity.....
Comcast will get it. I have no doubt.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:04 PM   #9
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Didn't Time Warner and Comcast announce some merge a few months ago? Will this affect SECN?
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:18 PM   #10
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Didn't Time Warner and Comcast announce some merge a few months ago? Will this affect SECN?
Had a thread about this when it first happened. Not on the outset, their merger is going to take awhile. What it generally means is that its a great chance both will have it before actual launch.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:05 PM   #11
scz71864
5 Star Frat

Male

scz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudlyscz71864 is crowing loudly

i wish the SEC network would announce more game times for different teams so the fans of those teams can jump on board too.

scz71864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:17 PM   #12
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Whole thing smacks of a money grab. I wonder how much of the schedule will be on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:23 PM   #13
gamecockjay
Blue Chip

Male

gamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
Whole thing smacks of a money grab. I wonder how much of the schedule will be on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3.
They make no bones about it being nothing but a money grab. The SEC needs this to stay on top.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:44 PM   #14
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

DISH is hoping the other idiots keep dragging their feet.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:47 PM   #15
Arm Chair QB
Walk On

Male

Arm Chair QB has hatched from the shell

REPEAT after me "Radio is my friend".
Arm Chair QB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:01 AM   #16
GarnetSwarm1990
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Verizon Fios better pick it up. They will lose customers a plenty if they don't. I would say same goes for Direct too.

Any chance the big name companies are just keeping it quiet? I don't see a point in doing it but I guess it could be an option.

I haven't heard that Fios is for sure not carrying it yet so I guess that's good news.
GarnetSwarm1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:58 AM   #17
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
some of it........we'll probably be on SEC TV twice.....the second game will be against a non SEC team.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:23 AM   #18
StormOfTalons
4-Star

Male

StormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm Chair QB View Post
REPEAT after me "Radio is my friend".
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...no.
StormOfTalons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:41 AM   #19
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

What, you don't want to have to rely on Ellis & Suggs informing you of the down & distance maybe every 3rd play?
Old 06-26-2014, 09:01 AM   #20
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

directv plays hardball. the pac ten network is still not on there after two years. directv took a couple years to put espn 2 on and more for espnu..they will not budge unless the price is right.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote