CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
sporkgod50
b381l
doubledribble
ccured
GregoryHouse
RightCoast
Master Bedroom
SwampFox
Clowneygotcha
Carolina Hype Video (1969)
Guy Pretends to Get (475)
What is the best gra (405)
Today Show (298)
FIFA Womens World Cu (140)
Bulldog Love Budweis (101)
Position Battles? (74)
Cats, Humans Parasit (3)
Position Battles?
FIFA Womens World Cup - G
Discussion: 2016 Recruit
Mens basketball 2016
Carolina Hype Video 2015
official UFC thread. (new
TeMarcus Blanton
Cocks Underdogs in 5 Game
South Carolina vs Tenness
Guy Pretends to Get Draft

View Poll Results: Recruiting vs Coaching?
Recruiting 6 9.23%
Coaching 59 90.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 08:36 PM   #7881
lchite4
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
lchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talonslchite4 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2015 - Darian Roseboro

This guy might be an oversign I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2014, 09:13 PM   #7882
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1000022205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Darian Roseboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
Do we even have room for this guy? We already have 3 DE's committed, with Lewis and Sawyer still to come. You mentioned in another post how we're only taking 2-3 DE's.
he's a DT long term......he is too good not to go after....he would also fit really well on the outside in a 3-4.....
Old 06-25-2014, 09:31 PM   #7883
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Damon Arnette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Stoops has really been recruiting well at UK....he's convincing a lot of talent to go there. That they are targeting Arnette so hard concerns me...
don't take this the wrong way, but we'll be fine at DB whether or not Arnette is part of the class. we lead with Micah Abernathy, and we have several other really good DB that are interested in us like Carlton Davis.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:17 PM   #7884
jrussjr
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 10130520
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
don't take this the wrong way, but we'll be fine at DB whether or not Arnette is part of the class. we lead with Micah Abernathy, and we have several other really good DB that are interested in us like Carlton Davis.

This is true; however, with Damon and Jordan Scarlett both being teammates at St. Thomas Aquinas, it would be nice to get them here to establish a connection not only in a great HS program but a "hotbed" recruiting area as well!

Old 06-26-2014, 12:16 AM   #7885
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick66 View Post
Would be great if somehow Abernathy was part of this class as well. 6'1" and he is a burner.
Hard to imagine Arnette would give serious consideration to Kentucky, unless he's really tweaked about this week's other commits. I understand his coaches have a connection to Stoops staff, but they're another half day drive away +they're terrible.
I think Arnette's coaches told him he ought to visit UK.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:18 AM   #7886
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
This is true; however, with Damon and Jordan Scarlett both being teammates at St. Thomas Aquinas, it would be nice to get them here to establish a connection not only in a great HS program but a "hotbed" recruiting area as well!

they may be teammates, but I haven't seen any evidence or read anything that said they wanted to play together.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:47 AM   #7887
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post

we already have a "connection" at STA.......Al Harris Jr. Played there......plus Grady has quickly made us a big player in that area of Florida

Old 06-26-2014, 01:04 AM   #7888
jrussjr
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 10130520
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material
Default 2015 - Damon Arnette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
we already have a "connection" at STA.......Al Harris Jr. Played there......plus Grady has quickly made us a big player in that area of Florida

All the more reason to keep STA talent coming our way. We don't want to become a "one hit wonder" at a program like that!

Old 06-26-2014, 03:48 PM   #7889
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94320
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

He got an offer from ohio state today, and he's visiting there for a camp in July.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 06-26-2014, 05:45 PM   #7890
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
He got an offer from ohio state today, and he's visiting there for a camp in July.
if we get a couple more to commit in the next month, he may out....you snooze, you lose.
it does bother me that he got nervous with our other DB commits.....I'm sure the coaches
told him we were taking 5 in the class....
Old 06-26-2014, 06:20 PM   #7891
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 36443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Sounds like things are moving in separate directions now.....I guess those commitments really made an impact in his decision process....
Old 06-26-2014, 06:47 PM   #7892
Cockypantherfan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Micah Abernathy

I hope he really does have high interest in us. If we don't get Arnette we need a guy like Abernathy.. I think we can't go wrong with either guy. Does anyone know if he has a visit set up with us?
Old 06-26-2014, 09:53 PM   #7893
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPit

Well, if he is moving on and not going to come be a part of DBU, then we gone be just peachy without him. If he does, well what'd ya know. Still peachy :D

Old 06-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #7894
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

It's good to remember we're all just reading the tea leaves. The other DB commits could have had everything or nothing to do with his changing his mind on committing. The bottom line is Grady made him a priority and recruited him hard. If for some reason he decides to go elsewhere this is one of those where there probably isn't much else that could have been done.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:10 PM   #7895
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

bcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPitbcolinc rules the CockPit

Homie seems like he keeps it on lock down fashow. Splits wigs and cuts routes. Flexin on cat daddy's left and right. Hope we get him!

Old 06-27-2014, 01:30 AM   #7896
Storm Of Spurs
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 10800
Storm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot materialStorm Of Spurs is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcolinc View Post
Homie seems like he keeps it on lock down fashow. Splits wigs and cuts routes. Flexin on cat daddy's left and right.
Ummm...what?

LOL!
Old 06-27-2014, 09:24 AM   #7897
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
Ummm...what?

LOL!
Google translate didn't help me either.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:28 AM   #7898
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Homie seems like he keeps it on lock down fashow. Splits wigs and cuts routes. Flexin on cat daddy's left and right. Hope we get him!

Really?
Old 06-27-2014, 09:47 AM   #7899
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
Ummm...what?

LOL!

Admittedly, I was drinking some 40 oz St. Ides last night and watching a marathon of Party Down South. It was a trashy night. Forgive me, fellow cockytalkers, for I have sinned.

Old 06-27-2014, 09:57 AM   #7900
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 719114716
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Admittedly, I was drinking some 40 oz St. Ides last night and watching a marathon of Party Down South. It was a trashy night. Forgive me, fellow cockytalkers, for I have sinned.