CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
Gamecocks1137
El Cid Ranger
kingofnerf
Captain9Dragons
ReadR00ster
The Yancey
2000grad
gadeneer1986
Fight, win, kick a-- (1076)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (916)
CFN prediction for a (853)
Why I'm hopeful abou (782)
The Gator Bowl wants (766)
USC will upset Aubur (648)
A simple defensive l (630)
What happened to thi (599)
Ranking Top HC jobs (452)
In-state QB talent (405)
BA ranks recruiting class
A simple defensive line &
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Thoughts on the basketbal
Ranking the SEC Football
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
Media tabs South Carolina
Cann tipping plays?
Name a Gamecock

Old 06-25-2014, 03:35 PM   #21
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPit
Default Re: How Michigan's Greed Alienated Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
No, it's just someone trying to reach for some justification to still b*tch about
Hymen and what he did while he was here. He pissed off some old-timers with his new policies and some of them won't get over it.
Did you read the article?

The part that ABSOLUTELY pertains to USC as well as every other school is about the fan experience at the game. The basic question is are you letting TV revenue drive down the experience for those that ATTEND the games.

If you think concession lines and waiting on the bathroom don't affect enjoyment of the game atmosphere you must have box seats.

As far as your quote, it's interesting that someone as level headed and not prone to a one-sided argument as yourself would take that from this thread/article.
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:02 PM   #22
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambam View Post

The part that ABSOLUTELY pertains to USC as well as every other school is about the fan experience at the game. The basic question is are you letting TV revenue drive down the experience for those that ATTEND the games.

If you think concession lines and waiting on the bathroom don't affect enjoyment of the game atmosphere you must have box seats.

As far as your quote, it's interesting that someone as level headed and not prone to a one-sided argument as yourself would take that from this thread/article.
I still don't think any of that has anything real to do with Hyman....

oh, and a possibly relevant note:

Quote:
TheBigSpur.com ‏@TheBigSpur247 2h #Gamecocks nearing record number of season ticket sales, season ticket sell-out (FREE) http://fb.me/6TRoolfug
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:29 PM   #23
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

zambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPit

[quote=ConwayGamecock;4190551]I still don't think any of that has anything real to do with Hyman....

I don't think it pertains to Hyman here, but certainly at his new post.

Look, if we keep winning like we are currently WB will be full and rocking. I fully intend to enjoy it while it lasts. Beats the hell out of when we sucked. But if you think even "the most loyal fans in the country" will keep it packed for a 7-5 and 8-4 season these days you better up your game with services in the stadium.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:57 PM   #24
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

I'm just glad we have Ray. I am happy as a clam now.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:22 PM   #25
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:

For almost 20 years I eat and piss right before I go in the stadium like a sensible person so bathroom lines and concession lines never really bothered me. And I am not taking it from this article. I am taking it from the OP's post.

Does TV make it harder to make it worth it to come to the games? Sure. But we never really had that problem here did we? So why are is someone trying to compare Michigan and their AD, to South Carolina and Hyman when our AD for over a year is Tanner. Why go bring Hyman into this when he has only improving our football program to be blamed for?

I don't know what Michigan's problem is, but it's got nothing to do with anything we have been doing at USC.

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 06-25-2014 at 09:41 PM.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:42 PM   #26
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Is that as happy as a Buster hyman or a Buster Clam?
Old 06-25-2014, 09:46 PM   #27
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

You want to know what is bad for game day experience? How about Michigan weather in October? Maybe that has something to do with it.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:09 PM   #28
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

A thing is WORTH WHATEVER people will pay for it.

/endthread
Old 06-25-2014, 10:19 PM   #29
palmettosc
hypnotoad

Male

CockyCash: 1200
palmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
He would have raised the prices too my friend, he knows how to make a successful program. I love Tanner, but he's got to show his chops hiring coaches after the great ones we have now before we can be accurately judging him. He has not hired one coach in the our top sports (Football, Mens BBall, Womens BBall, Track, Equestrian, Men's Soccer, etc). He just hasn't been tested yet. I have full hope he'll do great, but he hasn't had a major change since he's been in charge.
palmettosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:15 PM   #30
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
A thing is WORTH WHATEVER people will pay for it.

/endthread
You basically have to pay kids now a days to get to them come and sit for an entire game. Everything is instant gratification today. A four hour game seems like an eternity.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:07 AM   #31
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

While all these things maybe played a small role, I think the biggest part is what people mentioned here. They are used to contending for a national title and aren't really interested when they are not.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:00 AM   #32
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

Quote:
You basically have to pay kids now a days to get to them come and sit for an entire game. Everything is instant gratification today. A four hour game seems like an eternity.
Yeah. Im 21. And i hate this crap. I love football. I wish the games were longer. Ha
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:10 AM   #33
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Except that things were great under Hyman because we had a good team so...... Yeah, not a good comparison. The Hyman years are the Golden Years of Gamecock football and Ray is just following the model of what he did. Texas A&M fans aren't complaining either. What a bunch of haters. Michigan just simply has not been as good as they were in years past.
Hynam is a goddam asshole. aTm peeps think so too now. He, Prissy, and his local pilow biters can all die in a fire as far as I am concerned.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:21 AM   #34
A. Pilgrim
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
A. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot materialA. Pilgrim is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
Hynam is a goddam asshole. aTm peeps think so too now. He, Prissy, and his local pilow biters can all die in a fire as far as I am concerned.

Want to give us some reasons why you feel that way?
A. Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:59 AM   #35
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
While all these things maybe played a small role, I think the biggest part is what people mentioned here. They are used to contending for a national title and aren't really interested when they are not.
This is the definition of a bangwagon fan!
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:07 AM   #36
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
You want to know what is bad for game day experience? How about Michigan weather in October? Maybe that has something to do with it.
Not so in past decades weather is a badge of honor! The colder, the rainier, the muddier, etc. but I don't know how students think about weather today maybe you're in better touch with the student's attitudes.

Now playing in the heat as a fan I don't think it is so much as of an honor but as a player it something to brag about.
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:33 AM   #37
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
....really? I guess you would prefer our facilities to be embarrassing to show to recruits as long as tickets are cheap.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:36 AM   #38
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:

I don't think TV is related to worsening concession lines and bathroom lines. If anything the extra TV timeouts mean you'll miss less of the game if you go.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:45 AM   #39
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
I don't think TV is related to worsening concession lines and bathroom lines. If anything the extra TV timeouts mean you'll miss less of the game if you go.
No correlation between those. The TV issue is going to rear its head for TAM and UGA games. Both of those would be 7:30 games and slightly cooler without TV.

The point I agreed with in the article is that with all the things competing for an AD's attention, fan experience can be shuffled down the list of priorities. It used to be that ticket sales were the primary source of revenue and they aren't anymore.

All that being said, the home schedule for Michigan is App State, Miami of OH, Utah, Minnesota, Penn State, Indiana, and Maryland. No real reason to go.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:03 PM   #40
rioninusc
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPitrioninusc rules the CockPit

Some folks hit it on the nail this is the doing of;

Bad economy
Prices too high for that economy
Fairweather fans(every team has them, UM might have more than average)

What I found funny was the overpriced concessions. I never knew a time
when they weren't overpriced.

Honestly I would like to see the situation if the team was doing great, and would this still be an issue? Kind of reminds me of USC's situation in reverse. The money helped our program, where it's not doing anything for UM. If USC was still getting 6-6 average years would you guys be praising these recently added programs in place?
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote