CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
ReadR00ster
Gamecocks1137
A. Pilgrim
kingofnerf
PageUSC
taylorssc
gamecockgal
Spurticus
thekob
Juco QBs? (2058)
How do you want Aubu (1722)
Auburn/USC point spr (1681)
If the Head Ball Coa (1136)
Whenever I Get Depre (827)
Mike Davis Stiff Arm (671)
To ANYONE complainin (655)
Does South Carolina (619)
Tennessee Game Time (466)
Peyton Manning break (290)
Assuming our defense stay
Williams and Mitch
Juco QBs?
Mike Davis Stiff Arm
Name a Gamecock
Does South Carolina still
Rest of the season predic
Auburn/USC point spread
To ANYONE complaining abo
Final 4 Predictions

Old 06-26-2014, 08:01 AM   #101
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit
Default Re: Lebron is a free-agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
You are really missing the fact that the Spurs do this model of substitution because they have a lot of older, veteran players who need more of a break. It wasn't like that when Duncan was younger. They adjust to the guys they have, and no one is better at it that Popovich.

You can believe he isn't a fit for the Spurs, I think the Spurs have proven to take the talent they have and maximize it. I think he would do very well, probably score less overall but have more assists per game. I think he might even average a triple double under Popovich.

The Spurs have been doing this for a long time.

I do not dislike Lebron. I have no issue with him. I just do not see him as a fit for the Spurs. The 04-05 season is when SAS changed their
philosophy, 9 years ago.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:55 AM   #102
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurspaynemd2 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyle41386 View Post
Acquiring Charles Oakley and drafting Horace Grant/Scottie Pippen in a two year span certainly didn't hurt. The Bulls weren't a .500 team until after that.
Yeah everyone seems to forget MJ couldn't even get to the finals until the pistons and celtics all got old and he got pippen.

Or how about when Jordan retired the 1st time and the bulls still almost won the east. Pippin almost won league MVP. The cavs when lebron left became the worst team in the league. The current heat team without lebron would lose 1st rd of the playoffs IMO.
Mj was lucky to be drafted to Chicago. Lebron was unfortunate to be drafted to Cleveland
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:28 AM   #103
palmettosc
hypnotoad

Male

CockyCash: 1200
palmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
I just do not see him as a fit for the Spurs.
Why? The idea that he wouldn't accept less minutes is weak when it will obviously extend his career, and he's a great passer who's more than willing to do so.
palmettosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 10:01 AM   #104
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettosc View Post
Why? The idea that he wouldn't accept less minutes is weak when it will obviously extend his career, and he's a great passer who's more than willing to do so.
I have stated my reasons, more that just less minutes. It is my opinion, I don't see him as a fit, and I doubt we will ever find out. You don't agree with me, thats fine.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:34 PM   #105
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by paynemd2 View Post
Yeah everyone seems to forget MJ couldn't even get to the finals until the pistons and celtics all got old and he got pippen.

Or how about when Jordan retired the 1st time and the bulls still almost won the east. Pippin almost won league MVP. The cavs when lebron left became the worst team in the league. The current heat team without lebron would lose 1st rd of the playoffs IMO.
Mj was lucky to be drafted to Chicago. Lebron was unfortunate to be drafted to Cleveland
You do know that MJ won his first title after beating the "old" pistons he played Magic, Worthy, Perkins.... then he beat the Ewing led Knicks, Price, Daugherty, Harper Cavs to faced Clyde the Glide....Then he beat a loaded Barkely Suns team....Stockton to Malone...
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:41 PM   #106
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcgamecock View Post
Bring him to Charlotte to be a Hornet!
I like it!
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:25 PM   #107
qcgamecock
Banned

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
I never said he opted out...
Jordan was paired with a top 50 player of all time in Pippen, one of the best defenders/rebounders, tremendous role players and had the best coach. He is the man, but he didn't need to leave to "chase" rings, he purposefully took less money (which he more than made up for through endorsements) to make those things a reality.

James took less money to go to the Heat and Jordan did not opt out and take less money, he was paid 30 and 33 million a year when the NBC TV contract was renegotiated in '94 and gave teams the money to hand out huge contracts. Jordan was the highest paid or 2nd highest paid player for most of his 8 year contract before breaking the bank, James just barely made the top 10 and was tied with Bosh on his own team last year.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote