CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Gamecock Multimedia

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spurticus
Gamecocks1137
B-G
robgusc76
The Yancey
Travelin
A. Pilgrim
kingofnerf
qcgamecock
SMOTFS86
Connor to be backup? (1038)
aTm demolishes Kyle (1032)
Cocky at the Duck Co (985)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (417)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (244)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (203)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (187)
Gotta get Agent 0 go (178)
Miami Beach Bowl Thr (176)
How would a man writ (158)
Miami Beach Bowl Thread
Greatest Gamecock Players
Gotta get Agent 0 going
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
Carolina ranked #21 prese
Greatest Gamecock Players
2016 - Brandon McIlwain
The Vent and Coaching cha
Most Powerful Coaches In
Shaq Roland

Old 06-26-2014, 05:45 PM   #1
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 7003800
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material
Default Claw and spur logo.

I know there is at least one person on the board who has a digital image of the official claw and spur logo, but I don't want to call that person out if they don't want to participate in this. Anyway, there is actually an official version of the logo I mentioned the university has, but I don't think it gets used for anything really official like on uniforms. It's really just the lower foot of the gamecock we see in the block "C", but this logo is all garnet.

Here's a picture of the logo I'm talking about used as a car magnet:

I'm wondering if someone would be willing to find a larger version of the image, dress it up a bit, and then do a mock up of what it would look like on the football helmets (white preferably since that's what the team wears, but black or garnet would be fine). I think it might be kind of neat if someone could alter it a little to make it like the spur(s) form an "S" and the claw forms a "C." I guess it seems like the claw part kind of does it naturally, so mostly the alterations would be to the spur.

If anyone's willing and wants to submit it, then please go right ahead, because I know there are some talented artists on the board. Personally, I think the official version is pretty weak, so if you want to do your own version, then please do.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:44 PM   #2
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

CockyCash: 400
rdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot material
Default Re: Claw and spur logo.

Is this the one? It has been one of my faves since I saw Sidney Rice put his hat for NSD.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:32 PM   #3
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 7003800
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwylie View Post
Is this the one? It has been one of my faves since I saw Sidney Rice put his hat for NSD.

That's the basic idea, but that particular version is from Zephyr, I believe, so we should probably stay away from using it.

I just think it might be neat to consider using the current logo of the block "C" and gamecock as the official logo but have the gamecock's "weapons" on the athletic uniforms. This would be very similar to the way FSU uses the Indian head (ESPN graphics and at the 50 on the football field) but has the spear on the helmets. This way we could continue using the logo we all know and love, but have something a little more appropriate for the team going into "battle." Yea, I know this idea will be met with extreme discord.

That's why I'd like to see how a somewhat badass version of the talons and spur would look on the helmets, especially if it could be morphed into a pseudo SC. Just a thought, though.

Maybe we could go more toward a styling of this:
Old 06-27-2014, 02:35 PM   #4
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit

As far as I know, there is no such official logo...at least not anymore. Perhaps in days past?

This link shows all of the officially recognized trademarks, logos, and typesets that we are allowed to use at the university.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:43 PM   #5
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Took a stab at it. I like the logo so I tried to recreate it and put it on some templates I have. I could also put it on our current helmet template, but I thought the matte black came out better. The other is some carbon fiber thing that the kids are digging these days.

Old 06-28-2014, 01:39 PM   #6
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

rdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot materialrdwylie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
Took a stab at it. I like the logo so I tried to recreate it and put it on some templates I have. I could also put it on our current helmet template, but I thought the matte black came out better. The other is some carbon fiber thing that the kids are digging these days.

These are really cool
Old 06-28-2014, 07:35 PM   #7
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwylie View Post
These are really cool
Thanks man. I do kinda like the Spur on the helmet.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:55 PM   #8
rdwylie
My safe word is whiskey.

Male

Quote:
Thanks man. I do kinda like the Spur on the helmet.
It is a great idea. Wonder if it would be too "busy" to have the Block C behind the claw/spur?
Old 06-29-2014, 09:40 AM   #9
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

I found a bad ass Claw and Spur logo online, and modified it to this and
used it to make my current signature.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:33 AM   #10
ccured
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
I found a bad ass Claw and Spur logo online, and modified it to this and
used it to make my current signature.

this is a badass claw and spur but it would need one toe and talon removed to be truly useful for USC.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #11
SCDurwood
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
SCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
this is a badass claw and spur but it would need one toe and talon removed to be truly useful for USC.
Attached Images

SCDurwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:55 AM   #12
TheUniversityofSC
NSA Agent

Male

TheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCDurwood View Post
I bet photo shopping is a bad habit to kick.

Last edited by TheUniversityofSC; 07-02-2014 at 11:29 AM.
TheUniversityofSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:38 AM   #13
SCDurwood
Walk On

Male

SCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudlySCDurwood is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUniversityofSC View Post
I bet photo shopping is a badhabit to kick.
hilarious...

I have an internet stalker. How cute.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:48 AM   #14
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock1983 View Post
As far as I know, there is no such official logo...at least not anymore. Perhaps in days past?

This link shows all of the officially recognized trademarks, logos, and typesets that we are allowed to use at the university.
For some reason, the University dropped off the spur logo around 2 years ago from their official style guide.

My guess is that spur logo is still officially trademarked and exists in some capacity. However, it was never a strong logo at all and was rarely, if ever, used.

I have it if anyone wants it.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:53 AM   #15
TheUniversityofSC
NSA Agent

Male

TheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot materialTheUniversityofSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
hilarious...

I have an internet stalker. How cute.
What?
Old 07-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #16
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUniversityofSC View Post
What?
Sarcasm is hard to convey across the internet through text. He probably thought you were attacking him by saying he had nothing better to do than play with Photoshop.

Plus he is a Clemson grad, so he probably stays on guard here a bit. I doubt he meant anything by it.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:10 AM   #17
TheUniversityofSC
NSA Agent

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Sarcasm is hard to convey across the internet through text. He probably thought you were attacking him by saying he had nothing better to do than play with Photoshop.

Plus he is a Clemson grad, so he probably stays on guard here a bit. I doubt he meant anything by it.
Oh, Okay.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:23 AM   #18
SCDurwood
Walk On

Male

nah, he knows what he typed and why he typed it that way....
Old 07-02-2014, 12:28 PM   #19
Jim Lahey
I'm on the white liqour

Male

CockyCash: 1000700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:

Those are badass!

Lim Jahey! Pleased to meet you, bud!
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:44 PM   #20
TonyVercetti
Banned

Male

TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

Quote:
nah, he knows what he typed and why he typed it that way....
Share. Its the internet. Who cares if its personal.
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote