CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
Badazcock
Gamecocks1137
Gamecockswag
ReadR00ster
Regalcock
cocksmith1or11
kingofnerf
NAGamecockFan
Simple "yes&quo (874)
ESPN Game Day Commen (819)
The Comeback & T (690)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (507)
Phil Steele just pre (476)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (469)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
TeMarcus Blanton (429)
Garcia: Change the R (326)
Wallpaper & Back (203)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
2016 - Avery McCall
Phil Steele just predicte
Garcia: Change the Rules
Rank the QBs under Spurri
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE
Simple "yes" or

Old 06-26-2014, 12:46 AM   #101
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: CWS Championship thread - UVA/Vandy

And the ACC chokes again.

75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:48 AM   #102
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 225747
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

sec..sec..
I guess.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:56 AM   #103
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
sec..sec..
I guess.
Wth would u want uva to win? Of course , its sec.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:58 AM   #104
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Uncontrollable vomiting beat out explosive diarrhea. Congrats.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:11 AM   #105
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

I really question people on here who pull for an SEC East rival to win the NC. They were younger than us this year too
Old 06-26-2014, 02:00 AM   #106
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
I really question people on here who pull for an SEC East rival to win the NC. They were younger than us this year too
So what? We beat them on their field. Do you really think they are going to get worse if they lost in the last game? Besides, if winning that one game is going to give Vanderbilt some great recruiting advantage over us, the program with 2 NCs and the most consistent in the SEC over the last 15 years, then what would it do for all those ACC teams screaming for legitimacy? The ones that are geographically closer and that we actually recruit against more often. Not just UVA, but UNC, FSU, GT, Clem5on, etc? Collectively, that conference hasn't won 1 since 1955! We've got one of the best recruiters in the country, regardless of sport, in Chad Holbrook, the best baseball stadium in the country, and 2 NCs of our own. Forgive me if I have a little more confidence in our program than to think we need to weaken our competition in order to continue to succeed.

But the truth is it doesn't matter one bit whether you or I or anyone else pulls for the SEC. The SEC is without a doubt, the best sports conference in all the land. It can't be disputed and it's not going to change. And why would we want it to be any different? So we can win more "championships" like clem5on over the little sisters of the poor in football? Is that really proving anything?

I want Carolina teams to be the best. And I don't have to tell you what you have to do to be the best, do I? The truth is, the reason the SEC wins so many championships is because our teams are better prepared after making it through our league play. If an SEC team has a weakness, it's going to be exposed. You think that kid that walked a half dozen batters in the 3rd inning for Virginia the other night might have been better prepared for the big stage had he gone on the road to Starkville, Oxford, Fayetteville, Baton Rouge, Columbia, Gainesville, etc? Or do you think Durham, Pittsburgh, Winston-Salem, Chestnut Hill, Blacksburg, College Park, etc was enough?

I've traveled all over the SEC to sporting events to watch the Gamecocks play. While I want to beat all of them, I respect the passion of the fans and the intestinal fortitude it takes for teams to win and win big in this conference. When you go through the SEC, make it out, and win it all, you deserve it. Vanderbilt has the courage to play in the SEC and certainly lost more games than they would have if they chose another conference. But that courage paid off.

Vanderbilt deserves it tonight. Congrats to them.

75CarolinaFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 09:18 AM   #107
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Well, it's either pull for Vandy or listen to a-she-she fans trumpet how they have won football AND baseball championships this year. I can't tolerate that...
Old 06-26-2014, 09:49 AM   #108
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75CarolinaFan View Post
So what? We beat them on their field. Do you really think they are going to get worse if they lost in the last game? Besides, if winning that one game is going to give Vanderbilt some great recruiting advantage over us, the program with 2 NCs and the most consistent in the SEC over the last 15 years, then what would it do for all those ACC teams screaming for legitimacy? The ones that are geographically closer and that we actually recruit against more often. Not just UVA, but UNC, FSU, GT, Clem5on, etc? Collectively, that conference hasn't won 1 since 1955! We've got one of the best recruiters in the country, regardless of sport, in Chad Holbrook, the best baseball stadium in the country, and 2 NCs of our own. Forgive me if I have a little more confidence in our program than to think we need to weaken our competition in order to continue to succeed.

But the truth is it doesn't matter one bit whether you or I or anyone else pulls for the SEC. The SEC is without a doubt, the best sports conference in all the land. It can't be disputed and it's not going to change. And why would we want it to be any different? So we can win more "championships" like clem5on over the little sisters of the poor in football? Is that really proving anything?

I want Carolina teams to be the best. And I don't have to tell you what you have to do to be the best, do I? The truth is, the reason the SEC wins so many championships is because our teams are better prepared after making it through our league play. If an SEC team has a weakness, it's going to be exposed. You think that kid that walked a half dozen batters in the 3rd inning for Virginia the other night might have been better prepared for the big stage had he gone on the road to Starkville, Oxford, Fayetteville, Baton Rouge, Columbia, Gainesville, etc? Or do you think Durham, Pittsburgh, Winston-Salem, Chestnut Hill, Blacksburg, College Park, etc was enough?

I've traveled all over the SEC to sporting events to watch the Gamecocks play. While I want to beat all of them, I respect the passion of the fans and the intestinal fortitude it takes for teams to win and win big in this conference. When you go through the SEC, make it out, and win it all, you deserve it. Vanderbilt has the courage to play in the SEC and certainly lost more games than they would have if they chose another conference. But that courage paid off.

Vanderbilt deserves it tonight. Congrats to them.
Great post totally agree, way to go Vandy!!! Brought back some more metal for the SEC!!!
Old 06-26-2014, 09:53 AM   #109
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
Well, it's either pull for Vandy or listen to a-she-she fans trumpet how they have won football AND baseball championships this year. I can't tolerate that...
Ehh guess that just doesn't matter too much to me. It's pretty clear the SEC is far better in football and baseball.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:07 AM   #110
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 0
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
They would really blown their collective horns at the fact that both of those championships came at the expense of an SEC team!!!
jrussjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 11:46 PM   #111
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBird View Post
Uncontrollable vomiting beat out explosive diarrhea. Congrats.
A perfect analogy for the worst CWS final ever
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote