CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Yearofthegamecock
WeStillOwnUSC
TAFC 5 1981
Sir Cuss
kick_ball
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
SwampFox
eightohhthree
Coulwoodwarlord
uniforms saturday (2254)
Auburn looks beatabl (1875)
Vandy Fans (1533)
Three young corners (642)
Watch ESPN3 regional (630)
King - South Carolin (612)
Clemson requires sex (559)
**official Vandy pre (548)
Cardinal's Jonathan (508)
No Vandy Predictions (320)
2015 Commitment - Arden K
Three young corners progr
Next years RB situation
Auburn looks beatable
**official Vandy predicti
Search Snacks
The SEC East schedule fro
Haven't seen one unbeatab
Cardinal's Jonathan Dwyer
Georgia Visitors List - u

Old 06-20-2014, 04:25 PM   #21
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Bradrick Shaw

That run at 1:45 in that video is pretty impressive.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 04:32 PM   #22
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetArmy07 View Post
You're right in the sense of speed burst, but he will be the perfect compliment to AJ Turner. Shaw is a 4.6-4.7 guy, but a punisher. If we land him, he can add 15-20lbs and be an absolute monster bw the tackles.
Throughout his video he never got stood up, always fell forward. I like that a lot!
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:46 AM   #23
surfinchicken1974
deadhead w/ the bedhead

Male

CockyCash: 500
surfinchicken1974 has feathers coming insurfinchicken1974 has feathers coming insurfinchicken1974 has feathers coming in

want
Old 06-28-2014, 09:12 AM   #24
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick66 View Post
I try to stay positive, but those highlights weren't very good, IMO. Don't think he had a single run over 5 yards, and went down on first contact on most plays. Not much burst or balance.
I'm no expert, but compare his tape to Scarlett (who we still have a shot with) and there is a huge talent gap.

Not sure what you watched but I saw several running plays over 5 yards and not one under 5yds and did not see him go down on first contact but one play, went back and watched it again after reading your post because I thought I was missing something and he did go down of first contact on a TD dive and on one sweep, other then that he made it through contact before hitting another player and falling forward, reminded me a lot of Lattimore between the tackles with his leg drive and ability to fall forward.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:59 AM   #25
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetArmy07 View Post
You're right in the sense of speed burst, but he will be the perfect compliment to AJ Turner. Shaw is a 4.6-4.7 guy, but a punisher. If we land him, he can add 15-20lbs and be an absolute monster bw the tackles.
When I think about backs like this I'm reminded that George Rogers started out as a fullback.
SC Sandlapper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:28 PM   #26
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

I didn't realize that this guy was the #14 ranked back and that Jordan Scarlett was the #13 ranked back. Would be huge to get at least one of these guys.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:24 PM   #27
boness
4-Star

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowilliam4 View Post
I didn't realize that this guy was the #14 ranked back and that Jordan Scarlett was the #13 ranked back. Would be huge to get at least one of these guys.
First is there truth to there being a mutual desire or at least mutual openess to these two considering signing with the same program?
If so, IYO, is it believed that SC would take both were they either interested in being a package and/or simply individually wished to choose SC?? thanks WVP
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:34 PM   #28
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 5399400
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by boness View Post
First is there truth to there being a mutual desire or at least mutual openess to these two considering signing with the same program?
If so, IYO, is it believed that SC would take both were they either interested in being a package and/or simply individually wished to choose SC?? thanks WVP
I don't see why not. We didn't take a RB last class, unless you count Joe Blue.
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:53 PM   #29
GREENVILLE COCKPIT
Injured Reserved

Male

CockyCash: 32257
GREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPitGREENVILLE COCKPIT rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
When I think about backs like this I'm reminded that George Rogers started out as a fullback.
Yep, lot of people didn't know or don't remember BIG GEORGE was brought in toward the end to block for Johnnie Wright. When Johnnie broke his leg George was moved to tailback and the rest is history ! ! ! CAROLINA played with a loaded ''38''
Old 06-28-2014, 05:55 PM   #30
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENVILLE COCKPIT View Post
Yep, lot of people didn't know or don't remember BIG GEORGE was brought in toward the end to block for Johnnie Wright. When Johnnie broke his leg George was moved to tailback and the rest is history ! ! ! CAROLINA played with a loaded ''38''
George was the more highly regarded when he was brought in. We ran a veer under Carlene which doesn't distinguish between the tailback and the fullback like in an I formation or more traditional set. George had more carries in his first 2 years than Johnnie. We scrapped the veer after we got beat 28-0 in the first game of the 79 season and went to a straight I formation. We featured George then and never looked back.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:12 PM   #31
boness
4-Star

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftertwobowls View Post
I don't see why not. We didn't take a RB last class, unless you count Joe Blue.
given not having nabbed an RB will SC take a look at JB for RB instead of FB or LB? if we strike out on RBs again this cycle it seems the logical thing to do would then look at Blue, prob Cooper and virtually any reserve slot, LB or DB.

I saw an article that quoted a tweeter from one of these two referring to the two of them as "thunder and lightning" but I haven't found anything else indicating what thier relationship is or the level of interest in attending school together. They live far apart so?? any info apreciated. WVP
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:35 PM   #32
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Joe Blue looked very good against top talent in the Shrine Bowl at TB. He's fast for a linebacker, but seems nicely built for MLB or OLB. He can certainly hit. His power when running makes him look like a good candidate, but he also might be a force in the front 7 on defense as a well. It will be interesting to see where he fits best.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:04 PM   #33
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
given not having nabbed an RB will SC take a look at JB for RB instead of FB or LB? if we strike out on RBs again this cycle it seems the logical thing to do would then look at Blue, prob Cooper and virtually any reserve slot, LB or DB.

I saw an article that quoted a tweeter from one of these two referring to the two of them as "thunder and lightning" but I haven't found anything else indicating what thier relationship is or the level of interest in attending school together. They live far apart so?? any info apreciated. WVP

We won't "Strike out" on RBs this year.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:03 AM   #34
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

Looking at this guys film, I see flashes of Marcus in his high school days. Good pad level, always falls forward, good vision. Get this guy some higher caliber blocking to follow and he has great potential.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:28 AM   #35
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

He has been all USC on Twitter lately, retweeting things form various fans. No movement to us on any of the 247 CB's. Is he scheduled to be here for any official visit?
Old 06-30-2014, 01:48 PM   #36
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:

we'll get 2 RBs this cycle its just a matter of which two will it be quite a few names out there

Scarlett, Shaw, Williams, Cronkite, Turner, Fraiser

Gamecockfanatic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #37
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowilliam4 View Post
We won't "Strike out" on RBs this year.
I sure hope not. We're recruiting six of them.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:53 PM   #38
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

Thank goodness Bans's offer is for D. IMO, Shaw, Scarlett, & Williams are the 3 who can play in the SEC.

Last edited by elcid99; 06-30-2014 at 04:10 PM.
elcid99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:36 PM   #39
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Reminds me of those RB LSU always seem to have (big, physical, punishing guys).
I know he isn't the fastest guy, but I just love those backs that can eat up 4 and 5 yards chunks at a time and just wear a defense out.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:06 PM   #40
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

Yes, he is my favorite. Many may disagree, but he is the chain mover....3 yds, 5 yrds, 15 yrds....reminds me of LSU backs...a large Marcus & if he has 1/2 the heart....watch out!

Scarlett is the easy pick to be a great SEC back & the vibe from Williams is similar to some we have recruited in the past. I won't knock him, but either play 1 hour from home for a team with Offensive Lineman battling for back up roles when they would start for most schools....even those in the SEC....or don't. Pretty simple & a dose of humble pie can be delivered very quickly to those who wait. The list of RBs who want in is ridiculous...really, so pull the trigger or ride upstate (oh, he is not a silent-at all)