CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
kingoftheroost
Gamecocks1137
GoldenSpur7
b381l
Yearofthegamecock
Cockypantherfan
Regalcock
Pw00132
garnet_black215
HeadCockFan
More David Williams (4386)
Spurrier was Embaras (4010)
Spurrier not happy s (3377)
Polls (2763)
Gameday in Columbia (2468)
Tonight's ugly win w (1897)
Gameday Sign Ideas (1891)
Curse of the Chicken (1535)
Our wide receivers w (1288)
D line pressure (1123)
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Dylan Thompson's passing
D line pressure
Polls
Let's talk about Maty Mau
Kendrick salley
Rank the SEC starting QBs
SEC East Race as of 9/21
Why Weren't We Better Pre
Gameday Sign Ideas

Old 06-29-2014, 07:35 PM   #21
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Lutzenkirchen

Man, that guy was a baller.
GoldenSpur7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #22
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Thats an awful thing for someone way too young. It kind of puts things into perspective that everything is not about college athletics.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:12 PM   #23
Ahmad
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 318
Ahmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudlyAhmad is crowing loudly

Try to cherish every day because we never know when it will be out last. R.I.P Lutzenkirchen.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:06 AM   #24
TerryP
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
TerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervousTerryP is making other chickens nervous

Another case of a death we can call senseless. No. I'm not referring to his age and yes, it's far too soon.

The lone occupant wearing a seat belt was treated and released from the hospital. For the sake of these families, tell that to your families.
TerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:26 AM   #25
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Very tragic. I enjoyed watching him play when he wasn't playing against us.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:27 AM   #26
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
Another case of a death we can call senseless. No. I'm not referring to his age and yes, it's far too soon.

The lone occupant wearing a seat belt was treated and released from the hospital. For the sake of these families, tell that to your families.
Agree Terry....tragic, sad, and in this case...likely preventable.

Seatbelts save lives. God comfort the family and friends of this young man.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:47 AM   #27
TonyVercetti
4-Star

Male

TonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his combTonyVercetti is developing his comb

Whats kinda weird, is last week sometime i watched a video of a crash test. And it was a rollover test with three passagers not wearing seatbelts. And if i remember correctlt it looked like a chevy like the one they wad in. And i thought thats weird must be a old video. for them to be using such an old vehicle.

Now obviously me watching that has nothing to do with their wreck. But its pretty strange
TonyVercetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:54 AM   #28
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
I remember him owning us on the field in 2010. RIP to him. Gone way too soon.
He certainly did, and also caught the winning TD the next year when they beat us in Columbia. Kid played all out, all the time! The other victim in the incident was a former USC Sumter baseball player, Ian Davis... Thoughts are with both families of these young men.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:47 AM   #29
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:24 PM   #30
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

that is terrible. He will always be remembered by USC fans as a dagger to the heart. I believe he was responsible for two game winners against us (on the same exact play).

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:28 PM   #31
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
He certainly did, and also caught the winning TD the next year when they beat us in Columbia. Kid played all out, all the time! The other victim in the incident was a former USC Sumter baseball player, Ian Davis... Thoughts are with both families of these young men.
Yeah I was in the stands for that one, remember saying before that play, watch out for Lutzenkirchen. 15 seconds later I was muttering, "freakin' Lutzenkirchen." I believe that was the last time we've lost one at Willy B.

Rest in peace...
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:55 AM   #32
spareparts
1-9-9-9

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Don't drink & drive

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=11316777
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:31 AM   #33
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post

Not surprised. I wonder if aubie will still honor him like they have been...
Old 08-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #34
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
I think they probably still will. He wasn't the driver. Not that it really makes it any better because the driver was still drunk, but being a passenger he wasn't technically at fault.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:58 AM   #35
Emery
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Emery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPitEmery rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
A bac of 0 or 0.5 doesn't make it any less tragic nor detracts from his life's accomplishments.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:20 PM   #36
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
A bac of 0 or 0.5 doesn't make it any less tragic nor detracts from his life's accomplishments.

Maybe, however when one makes bad choices that have a negative impact on others, they shine wears off quickly.