CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
WeStillOwnUSC
Yearofthegamecock
TAFC 5 1981
gamecock88
jrussjr
cockybusiness2
Kentucky prediction (2069)
Just Booked my Hotel (1381)
Best position coach (781)
Waldrop doubtful for (751)
The New Idea That'll (689)
So What? (685)
We Have A New KO Guy (517)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (413)
So What? (260)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (260)
I'm over the loss, but...
Thoughts on the basketbal
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
QB Recruiting Strategy
What fish do you eat
Best position coach or co
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
2016 - Tavien Feaster
2015 Commitment - Jaire A
Kentucky prediction

Old 06-29-2014, 07:59 PM   #1721
cock13
An illusion, Michael

Male

CockyCash: 51250
cock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot materialcock13 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Official World Cup 2014 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
They both did almost everytime and the same in the Brasil/Chile match.

I scoff at those that though Robben was theatrical. Neymar is maybe the worst I've ever seen.
I played soccer all growing up, I understand the idea of flopping and why it happens. Also, I recognize that what looks like a "flop" in slow-motion might be people losing their balance, and that getting kicked hurts.

That said, Neymar was being ridiculous the other day.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:25 PM   #1722
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4466416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:

I scoff at those that though Robben was theatrical. Neymar is maybe the worst I've ever seen.
it looked obvious and the rest were very close
neymar is very theatrical.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:52 PM   #1723
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

so far the only "superstars" that haven't acted are:

James Rodrigues
Messi

urm...Suarez but he bites so...meh
Old 06-29-2014, 10:22 PM   #1724
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
so far the only "superstars" that haven't acted are:

James Rodrigues
Messi

urm...Suarez but he bites so...meh
Haha. True.

James has impressed me more than anyone. I knew nothing about him before the Cup started. A bunch of the stars have delivered as well. Messi, muller...etc
Old 06-29-2014, 10:34 PM   #1725
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Plays in Monaco with his countryman Falcao.

I know they already pay a lot and it is a very nice place to be (pretty much turning into another PSG), but one would have to believe Spain and England will be coming after him.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:11 AM   #1726
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:

C'mon, you have to admit Robben was theatrical last night. I wasn't saying he was the only one, but he had some worthy of an Oscar nomination. It's part of the game. It's risky, but it usually pays off more times than not. Get it terribly wrong though and it can be a yellow card.

Quote:
Arjen Robben apologised for diving as the Netherlands beat Mexico 2-1 in the last 16 of the World Cup but said it was not for the decisive penalty.
Klaas Jan Huntelaar converted the match-winning spot-kick in stoppage time after Robben had been fouled.
Mexico coach Miguel Herrera accused Robben of diving three times in the game, but the forward told Dutch television: "I have to apologise. In the first half I took a dive.
"The one at the end was a penalty."
Quote:
Former Barcelona defender Marquez said: "I spoke with Robben after the match and he told me that it was not a penalty.
"He said that the first foul was a penalty and that one was not called."
Quote:
There have been no bookings for simulation so far at Brazil 2014. Six players were booked for diving at the last World Cup in South Africa.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28082629

Last edited by Travelin; 06-30-2014 at 08:03 AM.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:28 AM   #1727
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Sorry if it was already noted, but quite the happy coincidence that Algeria's first trip to the knockout round matches them with Germany; not that too many current players were even alive back in 1982 but I'm sure brutal vengeance is on their minds
Old 06-30-2014, 11:06 AM   #1728
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
C'mon, you have to admit Robben was theatrical last night. I wasn't saying he was the only one, but he had some worthy of an Oscar nomination. It's part of the game. It's risky, but it usually pays off more times than not. Get it terribly wrong though and it can be a yellow card.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28082629
He could have kept his feet but as soon as he saw the ball was lost he did flop. I am saying that Neymar is at another level of theatrics. He was writhing around on the ground trying to get yellow cards on the other team when he was not even fouled half the time against Chile.

Mexico has no reason to cry. When you play not to lose that is usually ends up happening. They are not a pack it in and play defensive team. They pull a goal scorer and put in a midfielder at the 60 min mark.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:30 AM   #1729
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Since we had a couple of penalty shootouts in the last couple of days (and likely to see more), I thought this was an interesting read. It's a university study on the psychology of penalty kicks and shootouts.

http://www.espnfc.us/blog/men-in-bla...ding-professor
Old 06-30-2014, 11:41 AM   #1730
Travelin
Household Name

Male

Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
He could have kept his feet but as soon as he saw the ball was lost he did flop. I am saying that Neymar is at another level of theatrics. He was writhing around on the ground trying to get yellow cards on the other team when he was not even fouled half the time against Chile.

Mexico has no reason to cry. When you play not to lose that is usually ends up happening. They are not a pack it in and play defensive team. They pull a goal scorer and put in a midfielder at the 60 min mark.
I agree Neymar was all over the place. Thing is I don't recall seeing Robben do it as much in the past as he did last night.

What I find interesting is that the refs have yet to book a player for diving. When they do decide to book someone, they better get it right.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:54 PM   #1731
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24390296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Thought this was interesting...

Quote:
The statistic shows a ranking of the participating national teams at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil according to the average market/transfer value of the players. The players of the Spanish squad are worth the most on average with an average market value of 27.04 million euros per player.... USA 2.51
Click the link above to see a full analysis. We were the lowest valued team in our group.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:13 PM   #1732
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:

I agree. I thought Mexico has played well and Herrera has become a celebrity because of this tournament. However, I thought they showed very little class and were very poor sports with the way they handled the loss.

They blamed the refs for this loss instead of looking in the mirror. Reminded me of their piss poor attitudes about getting into the World Cup thanks to the US. They were arrogant and not grateful at all.

Robben could have had a penalty in the first half but it wasn't called. Taking Dos Santos off backfired for Mexico. They got a lead and tried to hang on. It almost worked but didn't Netherlands made the better subs and were the better team in the 2nd half.

It was a tough loss for Mexico. They got some bad calls in this tournament. However, don't blame the ref for this loss. Mexico played not to lose rather than win. Mexico had a few calls go their way and in the end, the Dutch found a way to get the win.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:51 PM   #1733
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKYTALKIN View Post
Thought this was interesting...

Click the link above to see a full analysis. We were the lowest valued team in our group.
Ozil makes 18 million per year
Lahm makes 13 million per year
Schweinsteiger makes 13 million per year

the ENTIRE U.S. team COMBINED brought home $26 million total...and Dempsey is just under 1/3rd of that at 7.8 million.

Let THAT sink in for a second.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:55 PM   #1734
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Nigeria was dominated by the US in the the last friendly before the World Cup.

US has to be kicking themselves now.

If Nigeria can pull out the win today, the road to the semis for Germany (winner of Group G) would be Algeria and Nigeria.

Sigh...
Old 06-30-2014, 01:59 PM   #1735
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

Jozy is cleared for tomorrow.

Old 06-30-2014, 02:00 PM   #1736
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

ouuuuuuuuuuch
Old 06-30-2014, 02:00 PM   #1737
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

OW!
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #1738
Travelin
Household Name

Male

France 1

Nigeria 0

about 10 minutes left.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:23 PM   #1739
Travelin
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Jozy is cleared for tomorrow.

Excellent News! Can we expect him to start or off the bench?
Old 06-30-2014, 02:31 PM   #1740
Travelin
Household Name

Male

France 2

Nigeria 0

Final