CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MikeTrainNC8
Cockypantherfan
gamecock88
GregoryHouse
Badazcock
Gamecocks1137
Cartiaze
InletCock1989
zcoop
TroubleCock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (2661)
ESPN Game Day Commen (1606)
Simple "yes&quo (1344)
Phil Steele just pre (1030)
The Comeback & T (777)
Garcia: Change the R (617)
TeMarcus Blanton (608)
Bashing Players, coa (465)
Miss St vs. Kentucky (260)
Wallpaper & Back (245)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME Thr
Bama @ Tennessee
ESPN Game Day Comments Re
Anybody just have that &q
Turtle Beach
Miss St vs. Kentucky
Where in Seattle
UFC 179: Jose Aldo vs Cha
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Name a Gamecock

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #81
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4
Default Re: 2015 - Jordan Scarlett - Florida Atlantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Give me 2/3 of Scarlett, Williams, or Shaw and I am happy.
would love Scarlett and Shaw

Old 06-27-2014, 05:21 PM   #82
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 0
jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Jordan Scarlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
So osu invites Arnette to their camp in July yesterday, then Scarlett decommits today. Then osu says that the offer is an invite to camp, not a committable offer for scholarship. Scarlett says he eliminated wisconsin b/c it was too far from home, (Columbus, OH is pretty far as well though.)

So I think this is b/w fsu, miami and SC. fsu has a stable of great RB's and just got 5 Star Dalvin Cook in '14. miami already has three 4star RB's committed this cycle and got another Top 10 RB, Yearby last year.

miami wins the proximity battle, fsu is the hottest team right now coming off the BCSCG, but SC offers the best opportunity for early playing time, and has the best competition to play against. If Damon commits to SC, our chances go up with Scarlett a little, but we are really going to have to amaze him on an OV.

Even though they haven't said this is their plan, I think both Damon and Jordan end up at the same school, hopefully here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2014, 11:32 PM   #83
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Jordan Scarlett - Florida Atlantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrussjr View Post
Damon Arnette just recently picked up an offer from the osu as well. I haven't seen anywhere that Jordan and Damon want to continue playing together at the next level but the tea leaves seem to be imparting some insight.
not exactly...he picked an offer for him to camp at OSU and if they like him, they will offer....big difference....
Old 06-27-2014, 11:39 PM   #84
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I think Scarlett stays in the state of Florida. A couple of CB to FSU today.
He's had opportunities to visit Columbia and hasn't. I think Arnette ends up picking us. He's spent too much time in Columbia already and has a great relationship with our coaches.

For the record, I think it will be Turner and Shaw. Scarlett isn't coming here. Shaw liked the visit. He's also the guy that could gain 20-25 lbs and play at 225-230......a perfect compliment to Turner.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:48 PM   #85
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I think Scarlett stays in the state of Florida. A couple of CB to FSU today.
He's had opportunities to visit Columbia and hasn't. I think Arnette ends up picking us. He's spent too much time in Columbia already and has a great relationship with our coaches.

For the record, I think it will be Turner and Shaw. Scarlett isn't coming here. Shaw liked the visit. He's also the guy that could gain 20-25 lbs and play at 225-230......a perfect compliment to Turner.
He has had problems getting rides. One time he had a car accident too. He may still pick someone else, but I think he eventually visits.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:51 PM   #86
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
He has had problems getting rides. One time he had a car accident too. He may still pick someone else, but I think he eventually visits.
I remember the "accident". It seems to me that if he really wanted to visit, he could have done that by now. The fact that the coaches have made it known that the first 2 in win, tells me they don't think Scarlett is any better than the others.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:54 PM   #87
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I remember the "accident". It seems to me that if he really wanted to visit, he could have done that by now. The fact that the coaches have made it known that the first 2 in win, tells me they don't think Scarlett is any better than the others.
He's planning to take an unofficial and an official here so it seems he's serious about visiting. If that happens it seems like we have a chance, but I agree with you in that I'll believe he's serious about it when he's on campus.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:04 PM   #88
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

They just did a piece about him on College Football live. He looks beefed up. He looks the part of an NFL runningback. Hopefully we can persuade him this is the best place for him to get there. He already has "Scar" in his name so lett him wear the Garnet and the Black.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:43 PM   #89
cockywill09
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 647
cockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudly

Thinking he switches to Miami
Old 06-30-2014, 07:56 PM   #90
gin house
Blue Chip

Male

gin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his combgin house is developing his comb

I say FSU.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:57 PM   #91
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

jrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot materialjrussjr is USC mascot material

I say The USC!!

Old 06-30-2014, 08:02 PM   #92
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

We could be in a favorable position. FSU could get two commitments from
RBs before Scarlett announces, Miami already has three committed, although Cronkite and Williams both seem open, and OSU is too far.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:19 PM   #93
jrussjr
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
We could be in a favorable position. FSU could get two commitments from
RBs before Scarlett announces, Miami already has three committed, although Cronkite and Williams both seem open, and OSU is too far.

For the reasons you mention, I feel that most of the RBs that are "on our board" will wait until the season gets going before committing. However, I think we get one to commit "early", I'm thinking Bradrick Shaw, whom Jordan seems to be comfortable with playing alongside. Jordan may wait until early October to commit. All of this is speculation on my part, admittedly I am not a recruitnik just a "tea leaf reader".

Old 06-30-2014, 08:34 PM   #94
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Even though they haven't said this is their plan, I think both Damon and Jordan end up at the same school, hopefully here.

I hope that's right.

I don't think fsu is a favorite here, and I think that their momentum is just people looking for some school to CB him too. Look at their depth chart, they have three 4-5 Star RB's who are RS FR or true FR. Then they are the leader for both Jacques Patrick and Johnny Frasier, who are both Top 3 RB's on 247's rankings. Frasier may announce sooner than later, but Patrick could wait until NSD or an all american game.

miami has three 4 Star RB's committed this cycle, and they got a great one last year in Yearby. They're taking so many RB's this cycle b/c Duke is leaving early and they only have Yearby and a current Soph named Edwards after that. So they are really thin at RB and it makes sense for them to recruit 3 RB's this cycle.

I think ohio st is too far, since he said wisconsin is too far.

SC has the best looking depth chart for him to get on the field, we've produced 2 consecutive All SEC level RB's, we run the ball a lot and we're not that much farther away from him than Tallahassee. Plus we have his buddy Skai on the team already and have a committable offer out to his current teammate, Damon.

I also think that had he not committed to fau so early, his rankings/ratings would be much higher. He has great size for an RB and he's faster than 99% of the RB's that size.

To be fair, IDK if he would start over a healthy Wilds or Carson next season, but that also begs the question 'will those guys be healthy, b/c they've been injured a good portion of their careers here?' Those 2 will have a superior knowledge of the playbook, since they've been here 4+ seasons, but Scarlett's natural ability is phenomenal.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier

Last edited by MWard; 06-30-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:58 PM   #95
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9444
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I hope that's right.

I don't think fsu is a favorite here, and I think that their momentum is just people looking for some school to CB him too. Look at their depth chart, they have three 4-5 Star RB's who are RS FR or true FR. Then they are the leader for both Jacques Patrick and Johnny Frasier, who are both Top 3 RB's on 247's rankings. Frasier may announce sooner than later, but Patrick could wait until NSD or an all american game.

miami has three 4 Star RB's committed this cycle, and they got a great one last year in Yearby. They're taking so many RB's this cycle b/c Duke is leaving early and they only have Yearby and a current Soph named Edwards after that. So they are really thin at RB and it makes sense for them to recruit 3 RB's this cycle.

SC has the best looking depth chart for him to get on the field, we've produced 2 consecutive All SEC level RB's, we run the ball a lot and we're not that much farther away from him than Tallahassee. Plus we have his buddy Skai on the team already and have a committable offer out to his current teammate, Damon.

I also think that had he not committed to fau so early, his rankings/ratings would be much higher. He has great size for an RB and he's faster than 99% of the RB's that size.

To be fair, IDK if he would start over a healthy Wilds or Carson next season, but that also begs the question 'will those guys be healthy, b/c they've been injured a good portion of their careers here?' Those 2 will have a superior knowledge of the playbook, since they've been here 4+ seasons, but Scarlett's natural ability is phenomenal.

Somebody sign this man up for recruiting duty. ASAP
Old 06-30-2014, 10:14 PM   #96
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

Quote:
For the reasons you mention, I feel that most of the RBs that are "on our board" will wait until the season gets going before committing. However, I think we get one to commit "early", I'm thinking Bradrick Shaw, whom Jordan seems to be comfortable with playing alongside. Jordan may wait until early October to commit. All of this is speculation on my part, admittedly I am not a recruitnik just a "tea leaf reader".

I think I read he's announcing at the Army All-American Game.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:35 PM   #97
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Here is the film they were showing on CFL. He certain was in stud shape back in March.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:02 PM   #98
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
I hope that's right.

Isn't this Carson's last year, barring a medical redshirt which is unlikely given the circumstances?
Old 06-30-2014, 11:07 PM   #99
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Somebody sign this man up for recruiting duty. ASAP
I just regurgitate what I read on the web, and sometimes form opinions, like in this case.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:11 PM   #100
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Isn't this Carson's last year, barring a medical redshirt which is unlikely given the circumstances?
Carson was part of the '11 recruiting class. He got a RS his first year after he got busted up early in the season. He's actually classified as a RS Jr right now for this season, meaning he could play this season and next. He's going to focus on football going forward though, even though he was an Under Armor All American baseball player out of HS.

Closed Thread