CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
pitchcock
WeStillOwnUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
Cockypantherfan
LeeSC
SCohioBoy
gadeneer1986
Waldrop doubtful for (1246)
Best position coach (1095)
We Have A New KO Guy (1025)
The New Idea That'll (919)
If we loose to Kensu (845)
I'm over the loss, b (541)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (346)
So What? (331)
Women's BB "Big (207)
Land For Sale (181)
Why not Nosovich @ TE?
Thoughts on the basketbal
If we loose to Kensucky..
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
Best position coach or co
Ole Miss football program
We Have A New KO Guy
Dylan Thompson looks brok
2015 Commitment - Mark Fi

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 11:25 PM   #101
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2015 - Jordan Scarlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
I hope that's right.

I don't think fsu is a favorite here, and I think that their momentum is just people looking for some school to CB him too. Look at their depth chart, they have three 4-5 Star RB's who are RS FR or true FR. Then they are the leader for both Jacques Patrick and Johnny Frasier, who are both Top 3 RB's on 247's rankings. Frasier may announce sooner than later, but Patrick could wait until NSD or an all american game.

miami has three 4 Star RB's committed this cycle, and they got a great one last year in Yearby. They're taking so many RB's this cycle b/c Duke is leaving early and they only have Yearby and a current Soph named Edwards after that. So they are really thin at RB and it makes sense for them to recruit 3 RB's this cycle.

I think ohio st is too far, since he said wisconsin is too far.

SC has the best looking depth chart for him to get on the field, we've produced 2 consecutive All SEC level RB's, we run the ball a lot and we're not that much farther away from him than Tallahassee. Plus we have his buddy Skai on the team already and have a committable offer out to his current teammate, Damon.

I also think that had he not committed to fau so early, his rankings/ratings would be much higher. He has great size for an RB and he's faster than 99% of the RB's that size.

To be fair, IDK if he would start over a healthy Wilds or Carson next season, but that also begs the question 'will those guys be healthy, b/c they've been injured a good portion of their careers here?' Those 2 will have a superior knowledge of the playbook, since they've been here 4+ seasons, but Scarlett's natural ability is phenomenal.
Spot on!
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

Old 06-30-2014, 11:50 PM   #102
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 217705
elcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudlyelcid99 is crowing loudly

Look beyond Scarlett....even if he comes, he may or may not be the jewel of the RB class....stuff will happen & we will be good to go
Old 06-30-2014, 11:54 PM   #103
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
Look beyond Scarlett....even if he comes, he may or may not be the jewel of the RB class....stuff will happen & we will be good to go
What does your RB board look like? Are you saying Scarlett isn't in our coaches' picture or is there someone better in your opinion for our RB needs?

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
Old 06-30-2014, 11:59 PM   #104
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
He's planning to take an unofficial and an official here so it seems he's serious about visiting. If that happens it seems like we have a chance, but I agree with you in that I'll believe he's serious about it when he's on campus.
the best thing we have going for us with him is that Miami already has three 4* RB and FSU is probably going to get 2-3 of the same quality as Miami......he isn't going to OSU, too far.
So who does that leave....us.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:02 AM   #105
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think I read he's announcing at the Army All-American Game.
if he waits that long, then he won't be picking us because I think we'll already have our RB by then.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:17 AM   #106
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post

Frasier?
Old 07-07-2014, 11:18 PM   #107
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Scarlett told a FSU guy today saying Miami and Carolina lead with FSU behind those two. With the group of Miami RB already committed, things are looking up for us. If he visits us as he said, I think we have a good shot.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:22 PM   #108
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

There's been a run of Miami CB's for Scarlett.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:28 PM   #109
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
yes but none of them are after 7-5....his comments above were today.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:28 PM   #110
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
But those CB predictions change so frequently.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:35 PM   #111
StormOfTalons
Blue Chip

Male

StormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPitStormOfTalons rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Scarlett told a FSU guy today saying Miami and Carolina lead with FSU behind those two. With the group of Miami RB already committed, things are looking up for us. If he visits us as he said, I think we have a good shot.
But aren't Cronkrite and Williams both kind of looking around a bit?
Old 07-07-2014, 11:36 PM   #112
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Please can we land Scarlett. We need a big time back this cycle.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:41 PM   #113
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Just read Josh Newberg of Noles247

"Florida State was once the front runner for St. Thomas Aquinas 4-star RB Jordan Scarlett, but now the 'Noles trail Miami, Ohio State and South Carolina for his services. Scarlett cites a lack of consistent communication for the drop in interest. However, he admits that could change when he visits FSU next week. Scarlett said he plans to be on FSU's camp next week, but won't be participating. It'll be a chance for FSU to get back in his good graces. Scarlett has not been in Tallahassee since last year's Miami/FSU game. Scarlett says he's been thinking about making a commitment announcement at The Opening. When asked who it would be if he decided today, Scarlett replied, "Miami or South Carolina".

If he announces at The Opening, I just don't see him picking us. Talk about a 20 minute 180.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:50 PM   #114
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

I think the opportunity we can provide Scarlett VASTLY surpasses the one miami can give him. We have better coaches, better facilities, play against better competition, and have a more favorable depth chart for 2015 and beyond than Miami with their 3 current 4 star RB commits.

However, Scarlett visited iami 3 times in the past 3 months, decommitted the day after visiting miami last, and it's only a short drive down the road from his home.... So if here were to announce at The Opening, I would think miami would be the safe pick. He's never visited SC, but we have had guys in the past commit w/o visiting, but not on Scarlett's national recruiting level.

Old 07-08-2014, 12:20 AM   #115
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Hopefully he holds off until after The Opening in that case.

It does say a lot that he thinks that highly of us having never visited.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:28 AM   #116
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormOfTalons View Post
But aren't Cronkrite and Williams both kind of looking around a bit?
I think so.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:35 AM   #117
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
I think the opportunity we can provide Scarlett VASTLY surpasses the one miami can give him. We have better coaches, better facilities, play against better competition, and have a more favorable depth chart for 2015 and beyond than Miami with their 3 current 4 star RB commits.

However, Scarlett visited iami 3 times in the past 3 months, decommitted the day after visiting miami last, and it's only a short drive down the road from his home.... So if here were to announce at The Opening, I would think miami would be the safe pick. He's never visited SC, but we have had guys in the past commit w/o visiting, but not on Scarlett's national recruiting level.
everything you said is exactly right.....but Josh Newberg's comments almost imply that he's looking forward to the FSU visit next week......I think he's staying in Florida. If he shows up in Columbia in a couple of weeks, well that changes things.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:18 AM   #118
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
everything you said is exactly right.....but Josh Newberg's comments almost imply that he's looking forward to the FSU visit next week......I think he's staying in Florida. If he shows up in Columbia in a couple of weeks, well that changes things.
yep, I saw that and how one could interpret it that way. I guess how I looked at it was that Scarlett has had this FSU visit planned since he decommitted and wants to see it through. FSU is still pushing for Patrick and Frasier, both are similar to Scarlett, but not as fast. Newburg, the FSU Staff writer, asked Scarlett a question about if the visit could get them back on top of his list. Scarlett said the visit could help them. However, if the fsu coaches haven't consistently contacted him, they have their reasons.

So I read this as an fsu writer tried to put a positive spin "if we want him we could have him," and/or, "he'll change his thinking after he visits us," on Scarlett saying that fsu fell out of favor. I don't know Scarlett or Newberg, so I'm just speculating, but this perspective made sense to me.

Old 07-08-2014, 01:22 AM   #119
cockywill09
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 647
cockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudlycockywill09 is crowing loudly

I don't see him leaving the state of Florida so either Miami or Fsu for him.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:57 AM   #120
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockywill09 View Post
I don't see him leaving the state of Florida so either Miami or Fsu for him.
Hasn't visited and has us in top 2. Too early to assum he wont leave Fla.